Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Cinematic Editor Tutorials

This thread has gathered all known information about the usage of the Cinematic Editor including
    D|need's Medieval 2 Cinematic Editor VIDEO TUTORIAL.
    If you have questions about the Cinematic Editor that are not answered here, feel free to ask in this discussion thread.

Note: The Cinematic Editor does work with patch 1.2/1.3 only

Cinematic Editor Video Tutorial
    Cinematic Editor Introduction Tutorial by Caliban
    Kingdoms Cinematic Editor Tutorial
    Use the Cinematic Editor with Mods
    Make Screenshots with the Cinematic Editor
    The movie_cam of RTW
    Tips
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Cinematic Editor Fan Videos

Cinematic Editor Video Tutorial

Part I - Cinematic Editor Video Tutorial
    The Cinematic Editor on vanilla Medieval II!
    (unfortunately, Youtube deleted the original audio track of this video. You can still download it here or watch it here)

Part II - Kingdoms Cinematic Editor Video Tutorial
    The Cinematic Editor on Kingdoms!

Part IV - Screenshots Cinematic Editor Video Tutorial
    The Cinematic Editor for making screenshots!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

These are video tutorials for the movie editor that is contained in Medieval II Total War. It lets you create great videos with awesome camera angles without using programs like fraps.

My aim was to show people no matter what skill (beginner and advanced user) the advantages of making videos with the Cinematic Editor (instead of e.g. Fraps). I put much effort into the tutorials and I hope you will enjoy them.

So I explained everything step by step: making the replay, setting the files (for vanilla Medieval II, for Kingdoms and for mods), creating the cameras, rendering them, adding the ingame-sound and putting them into a video editing program.
    The four tutorials explain the usage on vanilla Medieval II (Part I), for the Kingdoms expansion (Part II), with mods (Part III) and for making screenshots (Part IV).

You can watch the guides on Youtube above and in high resolution on Filefront!

To be able to follow the tutorial you need to download these files first as explained in the tutorial. Choose one of the following files, depending on how you want to use the Cinematic Editor:

Cine-ed on vanilla Medieval 2

Cine-ed on Kingdoms

Cine-ed on mods

How to use them is explained in the video tutorials Part I - III.

If you have any problems or questions check the tips, the FAQ and the written tutorial by the CA developer Caliban.

Cinematic Editor Introduction Tutorial
    Cinematic Editor Introduction Tutorial

The Creative Assembly developer Caliban has posted a tutorial at the official forum:
    klick here

There is a video tutorial about the Kingdoms Cinematic Editor. Jump to it by clicking here.

If you think you don't need the video guide you can try it yourself the old way:
    To enable the Cinematic editor in Kingdoms you need additional files which I have gathered here..
    It contains six *.cfg and six *.bat files. One pair for each expansion mod (americas/british_isles/crusades/teutonic) + the original Medieval II CineEd files.

How to use:
    - Extract the archive into your Medieval II Total War folder (usually C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War )
    - Open the *.cfg file of your specific mod (americas/british_isles/crusades/teutonic or m2tw) and set the paths of the replay file, camera, mod and capture_tga dir to the path you have Medieval II installed in. Additionally, you have to change Replay.rpy into the file name of your replay.
    - The video tutorial can be used too (to understand the Kingdoms Cinematic Editor). You just need to use this new files instead.

Download the file here.

Original source of this content:
    klick here

Use the Cinematic Editor with mods
    Use the Cinematic Editor with mods

The easiest way to enable the Cinematic Editor for mods is to watch the video tutorial about mods (click here). However, here is a complete description that also works without the video tutorial:

You need to change some files in your Medieval II installation folder to successfully enable the editor for mods.

1) Dublicate the files

cine-ed_edit.cfg
    cine-ed_edit.bat
    cine-ed_render.cfg
    cine-ed_render.bat

Rename them (<mod_name>_cine-ed_edit.cfg etc.).
    For example, if you want to use Stainless Steel:
    Stainless_Steel_cine-ed_edit.cfg

2) Open the edit.cfg and change the replay-path to the subfolder of the mod. Change

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\replay.rpy

into

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\<mod_name>\replays\<replay_name>.rpy

For example, if you use Stainless Steel change it into

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel\replays\replay.rpy

3) You need to activate the mod in your *.cfg-files. Do do so, change the line

#mod = mods\

into

mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\<mod_name>

For Stainless Steel:

mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel

4) Open the edit.bat with Notepad and change the line

Medieval2.exe @m2tw_cineEd_edit.cfg

into

Medieval2.exe --features.mod=mods/<mod_name> @<mod_name>_cine-ed_edit.cfg

or if it's a mod for Kingdoms:

kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/<mod_name> @<mod_name>_cine-ed_edit.cfg

For instance:

kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/Stainless_Steel @Stainless_Steel_cine-ed_edit.cfg

5) - 7) Repeat the steps 2) - 4) with the render.cfg and render.bat, and change the paths of the remaining lines as well:

camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\<mod_name>\cameras\

and

[capture_tga]

dir = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\<mod_name>\video_capture\

8) You will find the rendered scenes in a subfolder now:

\mods\<mod_name>\capture_tga\

Note #1: leave the edit.cfg/bat and render.cfg/bat in the original Medieval II installation folder, don't put it into the mod subfolder.
    Note #2: I've personally only tried it with Stainless Steel yet. If the Cinematic Editor does not work with your mod you should ask in the mod forum whether they can help you. If they successfully helped you please pm me, so that I can include it into this post.
    Note #3: Some mods like Broken Crescent and The Long Road don't use the subfolder \mods\. If you're using one of these mods you got to delete the part \mods\ of the paths above.

For making screenshots, there is a video guide too. If you click here you will be redirected.
    Here is the written tutorial:

If you have once tried to use the Cinematic Editor for making screenshots, you will have noticed that there are a few lines that you can't disable and which are quite annoying:

You can't really disable these lines, just because the cinematic editor isn't set to take screenshots but to make videos. You can only bypass the lines in a complicated manner, if you follow these steps:

1) Download and prepare the Cinematic Editor (as explained in the video tutorial).

2) Open the Cinematic Editor, choose a camera angle and create a new cam. Abridge the camera length down to less than one second by placing start and end cordon close to your current timeframe. Repeat this as often as you want and save the cameras as cameraGroup afterwards.

3) Open your render.cfg and replace the following lines

Code:
    [cine] 

show = 1 

width = 720

height = 480

capture = 1

avi = 1

with

Code:
    [cine] 

show = 1 

width = 1280

height = 1024

capture = 1

avi = 0

Very important is this part:

avi = 0

4) Start the render.bat, it will not save the video as *.avi but as single *.tga-files in your \capture_tga\ subfolder. You can edit and use these files with Photoshop.

Another way (thanks to DisgruntledGoat):

Do everything like normal. When you have your position set, bring the start and end cordons to make the range as small as possible. We are talking less than 1 sec, or even better less than half a second. Then render to avi. This is key, rendering to avi adds all the engine post-processing effects. Now open your AVI in Adobe ImageReady. BAM save and you have a perfect screenshot.

The movie_cam of RTW
    The movie_cam of RTW

Many people have asked me how to use the Cinematic Editor with Rome: Total War. There is no Cine-ed for RTW, but there is a movie_cam, that works slightly different but let's you do similar videos. Ar-Pharazon has found a great tutorial about the movie_cam and I hope you'll enjoy it. Here is the link:
    Klick here

Note: Please keep in mind that there is no technical support for the movie_cam. Neither SEGA nor me supports it.

Tips
    Tips

Here are some tips that could be useful (mainly from Caliban):

Keys:

] :jump to next keyframe
    [ :jump to previous keyframe
    insert: place an animation keyframe
    right-mouse (edit window): hold to scrub through selected camera track in edit window.

right-mouse (view window): hold to mouse-look
    spacebar: plays current camera track from red marker (right mouse) but not the replay file
    shift-rightmouse: sets a blue position marker to rewind or fast-forward in the track view.

TAB: swaps into selected camera or out to free-cam
    WASD: moves the selected camera (must be on a keyframe or free-cam mode)
    R : move camera up (must be on a keyframe or free-cam mode)
    F: move camera down (must be on a keyframe or free-cam mode)
    arrow keys: camera (must be on a keyframe or free-cam mode)

CapsLock: Display side camera view

Tips:

- Left click on the edit view before laying keyframes or editing, sometimes it doesn't enable until left clicked
    - use ] and [ to select the new camera start key before editing
    - create 2 batch files to start cined. One for edit mode and one for render mode. Set your edit mode config to contain low graphic details for faster editing (especially with large armies). Set your render config for full graphic detail (for better quality).
    - don't use cameras in different (shorter) replays, you will lose keyframes. Longer replays are fine.
    - If the editor begins to load and then quits back to desktop, check your config settings, make sure there is a valid replay (camera not needed) setup and the paths are correct.
    - use the linear in and linear out function (straight line buttons) to create continual movement on your keyframes. Use the curve function to create smooth in and out movement on your keyframes.
    - make sure you enough disk-space for rendering movies. About 1.5 gig for every 5 seconds of uncompressed footage at 30fps.

Frequently Asked Questions
    FAQ

Some questions and answers I've gathered. Some of them are still asked daily:

Q: I want to start the Cinematic Editor but it only loads Medieval II in a window. What am I doing wrong?
    A: 1) Make sure that you have installed Patch 1.2 or newer or the expansion pack.
    2) Check all file names and file paths in the cine-ed_edit.cfg and cine-ed_render.cfg. Are you sure that the installation path of your game is the same as the paths in the *.cfg-file? Do you have a localized windows version, that means your game is not installed at
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\
    but somewhere else, for example
    C:\Programme\SEGA\ (german),
    C:\Programmer\SEGA\ (danish),
    C:\Programmi\SEGA\ (italian),
    C:\Programmes\SEGA\ (french).
    3) If you use Vista/Windows 7 there is yet another file path. It is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War (64bit version of Vista or Windows 7).

Q: I use Vista or Windows 7 and I can't find the replay where I want to use the Cine-Ed with. Where is the replay folder on Vista/Windows 7?
    A: 1) You need to play a replay first, of course. And if you use a mod or Kingdoms campaign, the Replays folder is in the subfolder of that mod/expansion.
    2)The default folder of the Medieval II installation on 64bit version of Vista/Windows 7 is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Vista/Windows 7 doesn't save the Replays there, though. They are saved at this folder by default:
    C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Instead of [USER_NAME] it should be the name of your Windows user account.

Q: I'm getting black renders when using the render.bat. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?
    A: 1) Does it playback ok in cined? Do you see the frames being rendered ok when you run the render? Keep in mind that the CineEd captures directly from the screen when rendering. Meaning, if you move your mouse cursor over the window while rendering it will capture it. If you have a screen-saver running while rendering, it will capture that too. Make sure you have your screen saver turned off and that you can see the frames rendering ok.
    2) If you use Windows Vista, try to switch from the Aero interface to the standard Windows interface. Aero seems to cause the black rendered video. To disable Aero follow these steps: right-click on desktop, go to "Personalize", then "Theme", then under the Theme drop-down menu, go to "Windows Classic" then click "Apply" and no more Vista Aero! Go through the same steps to get the original theme back (thanks to theseus1234 for the explanation).
    3) If your PC is too slow to play back the big and uncompressed rendered video files you should try and compress the video first.
    4) When you export the rendered cameras into Adobe Premiere, make sure that the alpha channel is disabled. It let your scenes turn out black.

Q: Is the CineEd able to render sound?
    A: No, CineEd doesn't render sound, you will need to capture it from your replay and edit it yourself. How to do this is explained in the video tutorial.

Q: Why does my video have only 30 fps, even though I have changed it to 60 fps in the config file?
    A: Caliban: "It may be that the retail medieval2.exe does not support changing of fps via config. I use our release build internally which has some debug commands that may not have been exposed for the retail.exe".

Q: Fraps. How to include Fraps in Cinematic Editor?
    A: You don't need Fraps if you work with the Cinematic Editor. The CineEd renders the video itself.

Q: How can I make use of those camera effects like the shaking camera?
    A: Check the boxes Noise Amp, Noise Freq, Roll Noise Amp, Roll Noise Freq. There will appear some lines. Just play a bit with the lines... put both, Noise Amp and Roll Noise Amp a bit from the original point (no matter whether you do it horizontally or with gradient) and put a little gradient to Noise Freq and Roll Noise Freq, just like I did in this screenshot:

Q: It keeps kicking me out when it is loading, I get to the loading screen then it kicks me out. What am I doing wrong?
    A: Usually the reason for this is an outdated version of the game. Download the latest patch (1.3 for M2TW and 1.5 for Kingdoms) and try it again. It also happens when there are spelling mistakes or path errors in your config files. Check the exact name and path for your replay and camera files and mod folder (if using one) in your config files.

Q: How do I remove the unit flags?
    A: Open the render.cfg and change the line
    show_banners = 1
    into
    show_banners = 0

Q: I can't find my rendered scenes. Where are they saved at?
    A: 1) Go into your M2TW installation directory. There should be a subfolder called capture_tga. If you use the Kingdoms expansion or a mod the scenes could be saved in the subfolder of that mod/campiagn.
    2) Make sure that you ran the cine-ed_render.bat. If you started this file but the game doesn't load correctly and doesn't show the rendering scenes in slow-motion, you have made some mistakes in the cine-ed_render.cfg. Open it again and check all file names and file paths.

Q: Where can i get that freeware program WinRAR? I checked my pc but I can't find it.
    A: Google is a great website! It certainly helps you with that serious issue! Also, you should better use "7-Zip". That freeware program is faster, more compatible and overall better.

Q: In the camera view mode, I can't move the camera using the WASD and Arrow keys. It's simply stuck.
    A: You need to make sure that your keyframes are selected. To select them press [ or ] (on english keyboards) to select the previous or next keyframe. Press the other key to go back to the original frame... It's a bit tricky, I know...
    If you use non-english keyboards you should try the keys directly left of backspace.

Q: If I have a camera with 3 keyframes, the camera move doesn't flow smoothly at all, it will slow down as it approaches the 2nd key frame, and then speed up again very suddenly and slowing down before approaching the 3rd keyframe. I want the camera to ease in and out, but I want the speed to remain constant as it passes the 2nd keyframe.
    A: The smoothness of easing depends on the relation of the three keyframes to each other, the angle and the time distance between them. For instance, if the first keyframe is about 50 metres away from the second, and the third keyframe goes 5 metres back into the direction of the first keyframe, the camera will move a lot behind of the second keyframe, before it moves back to the third... Hard to explain, just try a little more.

Q: I have the problem that Audacity won't record the sound.
    A: That happens if you chose the wrong sound input. Open your windows sound control

Open the option menu, choose record, hit ok and make sure that the stereo mix box is checked (some systems have different names for the sound output. You need to trial & error then):

The volume can be turned nearly down because it records the output very loud otherwise...

Also make sure that you selected stereo mix in audacity:

Q: My *.avi file is really slow! Loads of lag! Or it doesn't even play at all. How can I make a smooth piece of video?
    A: The CineEd renders the video in an uncompressed format. Hence, the video file is very big, several GB's per minute. That is too much information for most of todays CPU's and it will slow down the video speed to it's limit. Some video players wont play the files at all. You can still use the shots for video editing or you can compress them at first, using a video editing software.

Q: Can I use the Cinematic Editor on Rome: Total War?
    A: There is a different movie editor for RTW, the movie_cam. There is a great tutorial about it, you can read it here.

Q: I've got the STEAM-version of M2TW. How can I get the cine-ed to run on it?
    A: (Answer explained by the example of the mod "Third Age". I CAN NOT GIVE FURTHER SUPPORT FOR STEAM AS I DON'T USE IT FOR M2TW)
    1 - rename Americas to Americas_backup in your Steam\Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war\mods.
    2 - rename [MOD NAME] to Americas, now when the launcher loads, and you select Americas, it will launch your mod, mine for example is Third Age.
    3 - Go into Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war, create a folder entitled backup, now drag and drop your Launcher.exe and Medieval 2.exe into this folder. Now rename Kingdoms.exe to Launcher.exe, now Steam will by-pass the launcher (here is where it gets slightly more tricky)
    4 - Now, download the Kingdoms Cine-Ed, and follow the tutorial to install, making sure that all of the path files are correct, and the .bat is edited to launch launcher.exe (both edit and render)
    5 - right click Medieval 2:Kingdoms on your My Games page under Steam. Select Launch Options. Now enter into this box:
    (Editing stage)
    --features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_edit.cfg
    (Render stage)
    --features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_render.cfg
    enter the one for which you will be doing i.e if youre rendering use render - obviously.
    6 - if you want to play the original kingdoms games, or any other kingdoms mod, just un-do everything you have done (get the 2 .exe's out of the Backup folder, and rename your launcher.exe to kingdoms.exe again. Also remember to delete the launch options. And if you want to play Americas, remember to rename Americas_backup to Americas again. (thanks to danthom for the explanation)

There are already some very good fan videos, collected at this thread.
    Some high-quality videos are uploaded on Veoh and collected at the following channel: http://www.veoh.com/channels/totalwar.

Released Videos 1-10
    Released Videos 1-10
    by Sin329
    by AnotherCanadian07
    by AnotherCanadian07
    by AnotherCanadian07
    by teto1000
    by Attila16
    by AnotherCanadian07
    by Sin329
    by duke188 (RTW)
    by ArekThrashingMad

Released Videos 11-20
    Released Videos 11-20

by dreamlandmelo (RTW) Part 1
    by dreamlandmelo (RTW) Part 2
    by dreamlandmelo (RTW) Part 3
    by dreamlandmelo (RTW) Part 4
    by dreamlandmelo (RTW) Part 5
    by Sin329
    by duke188 (RTW)
    by Sin329
    by WolvenArrow
    by BrookmanZ71

Released Videos 21-30
    Released Videos 21-30

by WolvenArrow
    [CENTER] by saspir
    by D|need
    by uberapa
    by saspir
    by Prof
    by ArekThrashingMad
    by ArekThrashingMad
    by CoolJack38
    by D|need

Released Videos 31-40
    Released Videos 31-40

by teto1000

Released Videos 41-50
    Released Videos 41-50

by ArekThrashingMad
    [CENTER] by FeinarCelion
    by Nossers
    by Nossers
    by saspir
    by MasterAtArms41
    by MasterAtArms41
    by Toboe
    by uberapa
    by D|need

Released Videos 51-60
    Released Videos 51-60

by WolvenArrow
    by WolvenArrow
    by WolvenArrow
    by sin329
    by zvera
    by FeinarCelion
    by saspir
    by MasterAtArms41
    by jeromeverret
    by jeromeverret

Released Videos 61-70
    Released Videos 61-70

by ArekThrashingMad
    by Toboe
    by D|need
    by ArekThrashingMad
    by morrisonicus
    by Toboe
    by evillego6
    by knightAlvesRX
    by airepal
    by morrisonicus

Released Videos 71-80
    Released Videos 71-80

by morrisonicus
    by chaosredsock
    by ares1815
    by D|need
    by D|need
    by dzvera
    by ArekThrashingMad
    by sin329
    by schizophrenic123
    by schizophrenic123

Released Videos 81-90
    Released Videos 81-90

by Feinar
    by Nossers
    by Nossers
    by sin329
    by Quinctius Cincinnatus
    by scopes45
    by scopes45
    by scopes45
    by Feinar
    by JayBee

Released Videos 91-100
    Released Videos 91-100

by naxzul666
    by naxzul666
    by MasterAtArms41
    by naxzul666
    by CaCaesar
    by thrashing_mad
    by crazyhis
    by D|need

If you want me to add your video, feel free to pm me. Remember that it must be produced with the Cine Ed.

Updated November 29th of 2008
    Last edited by D|major; May 10, 2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Update link url's
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Ged's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Medieval 2 Total War Cinematic Editor Tutorial

Ta, laddy. +rep

Indefinitely Banned

Congrats on the sticky. Really invaluable work.

Elric von Rabenfels's Avatar The Devil Inside

I have to thank you in the name of everyone who isn't able to post here at the moment!

These tutorials are incredibly helpful!
    - What can change the nature of a man?

+Rep already

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Yeah +Rep already too, brilliant tutorial, very helpful.
    i'm going to put a link in my sig for people.

Nice one.

The only criticism I would have is that I process things slowly lol and that tutorial video kinda flew through it with fast paced music in parts, I guess I'll be pausing it a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    The only criticism I would have is that I process things slowly lol and that tutorial video kinda flew through it with fast paced music in parts, I guess I'll be pausing it a lot
    Yes, I have thought of that. When I made the video I had the problem of deciding whether to part the video into two parts of about 10 minutes each (because Youtubes maximum length is 10 minutes) or to shorten the video and make it faster so that it fits into one 10-minutes video. I was sure that people often have to pause it then. But I think its still better than a lengthy and boring video of 20 minutes.
    My tip: Just watch it once in one piece to get an overview and follow it afterwards bit by bit

P.s.: I had enough video material to make it 40 minutes
    formerly known as D|need

sweet if you ever get bored I'd love to see the 40 minute one, with some nice Medieval lutes playing in the background

but I also need to set some time aside to really get into making a movie though, but at least I won't have to figure it out all on my own!

Shazbot's Avatar grant woodgrain grippin

Everytime I go to cine-ed_render.bat, I get an error that says:

"Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit"

Any ideas?

@ Shazbot:

Sorry, but I can only repeat what's written in the faq:

"This normally happens when there are spelling mistakes or path errors in your config files. Check the exact name and path for your replay and camera files and mod folder (if using one) in your config files."

Usually there are no errors though.

@Armatus:

The 40 minutes took about 100 gb disk space, so I deleted all that stuff... nothing left now
    formerly known as D|need

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    2) Apart from that, there are rumours that the CineEd doesn't work with Vista.

Q: It keeps kick me out when it is loading, I get to the loading screen then it kicks me out. What am I doing wrong?
    A: This normally happens when there are spelling mistakes or path errors in your config files. Check the exact name and path for your replay and camera files and mod folder (if using one) in your config files.
    Alright mate, i've downloaded the file and changed what needs changing but when it start to load up it says "MTW2 Encountered an unspecified error and will now close..."

can you or anyone else confirm that it doesnt work with vista?

and i'm very sure there are no mistakes in the cfg or bat files,
    only thing is there is no "default" files for the cameras in my dir...

Cheers.

Sorry, I can't confirm it (I am using XP). Maybe some Vista using people can tell you. I have not heard a single Vista user whos CineEd worked properly (they had either your problem (Shazbot?) or black renders)
    What I do not understand is this part (guess it's my bad english):
    only thing is there is no "default" files for the cameras in my dir...
    If you want to, you can send me your modified *.cfg-files and I'll check them.
    P.s.: You are using vanilla M2, right?

@Shazbot:

Are you using Vista too (you seem to have the same problem).
    formerly known as D|need

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    Sorry, I can't confirm it (I am using XP). Maybe some Vista using people can tell you. I have not heard a single Vista user whos CineEd worked properly (they had either your problem (Shazbot?) or black renders)
    What I do not understand is this part (guess it's my bad english):

If you want to, you can send me your modified *.cfg-files and I'll check them.
    P.s.: You are using vanilla M2, right?
    i mean where you said on the faq, " Check the exact name and path for your replay and camera files and mod folder" there is no file folder for "camera"

and i'm using SS "Stainless_Steel_Mod" like you...

if you were to send me the files you use would that work? cause i've deleted the files i've edited but i can recover them. cheers mate.

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Sorted. + no problems with Vista,
    i just had to put the full directory line in the .cfg file and it works a treat. following the tutorials now :thumbsup4 -

btw if i change the graphic options in the .cfg file it will work on my replays right? i think so. cheers for the help anyway.

Okay, good that it works... I already thought that my SS tutorial was wrong But as long as I wasn't sure I did not want to answer you (obviously)
    Yes, you can change the graphics in the *.cfg file. But the settings I put on default are the best possible I think

Thanks at all for your +rep by the way!
    D|need
    formerly known as D|need

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Nothing wrong with your tutorails mate, top notch material. I just need to sit down and follow it now I have everything up and running. check out my gallery i'm going to update it later, cheers.

19th january:
    -Mod tutorial rewritten
    -Screenshot tutorial added
    -Released videos updated

Update 20th january:
    -Problem with the files of the Kingdoms CineEd Tutorial fixed. They work correctly now!
    Last edited by D|major; January 20, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

Does this really take 1.5 Gigabytes per 5 seconds? Thats pretty excessive. Means i can only handly about 1 minute and 40 seconds...

It takes 1,5 GB per 5 seconds if you make it fullscreen, but with my recommended and default settings 720 x 480 it'll be 400MB per 10 seconds only.
    Last edited by D|major; January 22, 2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar
    formerly known as D|need

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast