Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction - Banate of Bosnia

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Default Re: Faction - Banate of Bosnia

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    WRONG!
    The last historical evidence said that is NOT true. That was happend in St. Nikola church in Milima (Arnautovici - Visoko).
    Hi,

Ok, according to the historical evidence I came across opposite is true.
    There are many sources on the subject, but for the sake of accuracy and historical objectivity we can safely consider Dubrovnik or Ragusan sources.
    They should be fair and balanced, not unfair like you would expect from so many other sources.
    So on 26th October 1377, certain Antun Rabljanin who was head of the Ragusan trade delegation was on his way to Novo Brdo. He happened to be in Mileseva during the coronation. He personaly witnessed the event and recorded it. When he returned to Dubrovnik in March 1379, he wrote a book called 'Remebering the Eastern lands' and gave it for storage to the City Archives. In the book he described his two-year stay in medieval Serbia, how he met many nobleman, how he met the Turkish merchants that came to Novo brdo, how he went to Mrnjavcevic castle near Prilep, and so many other things. One of them is highly descriptive account of king Tvrtko's coronation in Mileseva. The book was maintained by the Ragusan authorities untill the 1966 when it taken to Zagreb for restoration. Two years later it was returned to Dubrovnik where it resides now.
    This is just one of the many pieces of historical evidence that points to the fact that king Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned in Mileseva.
    I know there are many opinions on the subject, but this comes from someone that is clearly without any bias.
    The reason I raised this issue is because of the mod. Lets make it historicaly accurate and authentic as much as we can.
    Because this mod is shaping up to be one of the best,
    we can all give our modest contribution.
    All the best.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

No problem mate!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Hi,

Ok, according to the historical evidence I came across opposite is true.
    There are many sources on the subject, but for the sake of accuracy and historical objectivity we can safely consider Dubrovnik or Ragusan sources.
    They should be fair and balanced, not unfair like you would expect from so many other sources.
    So on 26th October 1377, certain Antun Rabljanin who was head of the Ragusan trade delegation was on his way to Novo Brdo. He happened to be in Mileseva during the coronation. He personaly witnessed the event and recorded it. When he returned to Dubrovnik in March 1379, he wrote a book called 'Remebering the Eastern lands' and gave it for storage to the City Archives. In the book he described his two-year stay in medieval Serbia, how he met many nobleman, how he met the Turkish merchants that came to Novo brdo, how he went to Mrnjavcevic castle near Prilep, and so many other things. One of them is highly descriptive account of king Tvrtko's coronation in Mileseva. The book was maintained by the Ragusan authorities untill the 1966 when it taken to Zagreb for restoration. Two years later it was returned to Dubrovnik where it resides now.
    This is just one of the many pieces of historical evidence that points to the fact that king Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned in Mileseva.
    I know there are many opinions on the subject, but this comes from someone that is clearly without any bias.
    The reason I raised this issue is because of the mod. Lets make it historicaly accurate and authentic as much as we can.
    Because this mod is shaping up to be one of the best,
    we can all give our modest contribution.
    All the best.

CHEERS
    +rep for this
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    Hi,

It looks like the Bosnian faction is coming along very well.
    Thats great.
    The banners are just beautiful.
    When it comes to religion, Bosnian faction should be only faction whose religion is "krstjani" or Christians.
    However, it is established by the historians that so-called krstjani or bogomils disappeared almost completely by the end of 13th century.
    And, they were definitely not there in 1463 when medieval Bosnia fell to the Ottomans.
    We all know that kings in middle ages did lots of things for purely political reasons, but in the course of 14th and first half of 15th century the rulers of Bosnia were mainly Catholic. Or even Orthodox. Lets remember how king Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned in the Serbian Orthodox Mileseva Monastery on 26 October 1377.
    Since the mod covers the time from 1345 to 1530, it would be historically accurate for Bosnia to immediately become mainly Catholic and Orthodox country or faction. So, Bosnian faction should start as a krstjani faction, and then it becomes Catholic or Orthodox.
    Plus, Roman-Catholic fransiscan monks were heavily involved in converting the population into Catholic faith, when Ottomans appeared in 1463 the entire population of country of Bosnia and Herzegovina was either Catholic or Orthodox.
    Because this mod is already looking very good, lets make it
    even better.
    And let me just say that you guys are doing great job!

CHEERS
    I have already mentioned in an earlier post the lack of Orthodox families within Bosnia proper. Now on to the Catholic side, yes the Fransciscans even had an oath signed and issued by the Sultan Mehmet II where he promised them full legal right to practice their religion - support - and even mentioned that he himself may not overstep this agreement.

Krstjani were however prevalent even in this period in the country side, the reason they are not as recorded is due to the de-centralized nature of the Bosnian Church - which monestarily based did not have full legal status as did the Catholic after the Ottoman incursions into the Central Balkans. Tvrtko needed Papal support and himself styled as the Christian saviour and victor of Kosovo needed all the good graces he could have to gain support for his kingdom. On the other hand earlier than that the Fransciscans and Catholic bishops had to keep their sees outside of Bosnia due to high Krstjani numbers and support of the monarchy to the particular brand of local Christianity.

I think your idea is good however. I am not bashing just merely adding facts. And the coronoation is a good addition that you mentioned. It would be actually interesting to implement it. However, you should as the Bosnian faction also at least hold one or two of the Western Serbian provinces and maybe dalmatia as well before you can get properly crowned. Or have a dual scrip so that either or happens. That you are only king of bosnia at that date - and if you happen to hold 2 of the Serbian and DAlmatia then you gain the other titles as well. If that is possible.

And I agree this mod seems most interesting. I cannot wait to try it. All the other ones do not have such a high degree of focus on the Balkans and Anatolia. HOpefully we get to play it soon.

This is the best mod I have ever seen.I worship your effort to make the mod as accurate as it is possible.Theres gust one thing that I don't like in the mod and that's the religion of the banet of Bosnia and the glagoljic writing.
    I think that the religion should be Orthodox and the writing should be cirilic.

The fection should be Orthodox as in that time the heretic "bogumils" or kristjani as you call them didn't even exist any more. And besides that the ban of Bosnia Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned by an orthodox ceremony and in a orthodox monestery (Mileseva [1377] on Mitrovdan- a Orthodox occasion).
    He also claims that hi is a Serb and so do the ban's after him.

This is the "povelja" of Stefan Tvrtko Kotromanic.

Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned as king of Serbs,Bosnia,Pomorje and Western sides on the grave of St.Sava in Milesheva monastery.He was crowned in an orthodox ceremony,tho he was catholic .In order to under line uniformity of the Nemanjic and Kotromanic dynasties.Tvrtko puts a prefix infront of his sacramential name Tvrtko the name Stefan, which means the crowned one(vencani).in this letter(povelja) Tvrtkos name Stefan is present frequently and the Serbian land or Srblje as an only ethnic determinant. For e.g. in the fifth row Tvrtko clearly highlights that his parents are Serbian nobility. Also on the bottom right side on the first place with huge letters he has written that he is the KING of SERBS.

Hi was in that time catholic for political reasons. So the banet can be catholic also.My opinion and by the text above it is more accurate for it to be Orthodox

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Dabisa Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Dobisa by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

This is the "povelja" of Stefan Ostoja Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Ostoja by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

And so is this.

In his letter to Dudrovnik Stefan Ostoja, king of Bosna , in the end of the second and in the third row he indicates “ I inherit the throne from my parents and ancestors Serbian nobility”

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Tvrtko II Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Tvrtko Tvrtkovic by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje and Hum land (Humska zemlja)(lands that he rules or intends to rule) The same title is in the bottom of the letter

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Tomas Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Tomas by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

You can see that almost all "poveljas" or letters are the same and all of them mention the name Stefan(A prefix title of Serbian king's).Also it is clear that they are Serbs.There kristjani dispise the ikons and the holy cross,and all of these letters begin with a big cross in the top left corner.

Hire the Bosnian lord claims that his language is Serbian.

Bosnian ban Stefan Kotromanic (1322-1353) gave 1333. a letter to Dubrovnik and wrights: "And that’s why I ban Stefan am putting my gold seal for everybody to see the truth. And that’s why there’s four identical letters, two latin and two serbian, all are seald with golden seals".

It was a tradition to make four letters with the same text, two on Serbian and two on latin .

By claiming this automatically the writing is cirilic.And we can see that in the letters.

I mean no harm and no offence.I gust want to help you geniuses make the mod more accurate .

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

I appreciate your affort for the accuracy mod, trust Matko and the other Researchers for the Banat they now what they.

But first of all you have forgotten something... you forgott to read the Latin version of his coronation edict in wich you can read rex Rasciae, however even if this is an translation mistake and Srbljem(as you can read in the edict) means Serbs this would be no mistake cos a lot of his subjects where Orthodox e.g in Hum and the land on the other side of the Drina, wich he conquered after the death of Dušan IV.
    And its no suprise that he was crowned in an orthodox ceremony, cos if you want to be the King of Serbia than you have to have familialr relations with the Dynasty of Nemanjić, wich he had, i am not sure but i think one of his grandmum's was the daughter of an Serbian Tsar. And also, if you want to be the King of an orthodox country you must also be orthodox otherwise all claiming would be useless (quite simple)

He was in that time catholic for political reasons
    OK if he was catholic for political reasons, then there was also the possibility that he became orthodox for political reasons... seen Tvrtko was cold-blooded i guess relgion was not so important for him than material wealth and prestige.

But don't let us forgett we are talking about the Medieval Period in wich creating new titles like King of Bosnia was kinda impossible, the only possibillity to be come King was to lay claim on the Title of an other Kingdom an older just like the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE the Kaiser's where always rex Romanorum although they never held Rome they always considerd themselfs as the Heir's of the formar Roman Empire, just like Byzanz , in this case Serbia wich was in an quite Chaos Situation, many Despots, Dukes and whatever where struggeling for the Crow. Tvrtko just used this Situation cold-blooded, his Terretories in Bosnia were economical strong and his forces were strong enough to protect his interests, he crowend his self King of Serbia/Serbs or whatever, it doesn't matter if in Mileševa or in Mile, however it would have been better for him if he crowend his self in Mileševa, cos this would support his claim as King of Serbia more and more, due to the fact St. Sava is buried their. So he has everything what he would need to claim his self as King of Serbia.

Family relations to the formaly Dynast.. yes
    Strong Forces to protect this claim... yes
    A good Cronation Place... yes
    Crow... ohhhhhhh no problem their can be always a new crown wich is the "legal and right" for the King of Serbia. cos in Medieval Europe there were always Billions fo relics wich were all true

And the Prefix is also simple to descripe how many Serbian Tsars were having Stjepan as his first Name... Stjepan is mor a Title than an Name that' why every Bosnian King was having an second Name e.g Tvrtko,Dabiša, Tomaš, Ostoja and so on.

And the "Povelje"(Edict) from Stjepan you mentioned no Original it is an copy writte by an Serb Gramaticus wich worked for the Dubrovnik Archives. You can also see it in the last sentence were it stands "... and THAT is written..." shuouldn't he write and this is written?. The whole last sentences was added to the Original, for administrative reasonse to know how many were produced, and where they are..
    "And to that are IV
    charters..a.. two Latin and two Serbian, and all are sealed with golden seals: two are charters in lord ban
    Stefan and two charters in Dubrovnik." So a inhabitant of Croatia would say he speaks croatian an Serb would say he speaks serbian and an Bosniak would say he speeks bosnian, as mother Language and an medieval Serb archive writer would say what?...:hmmm: yes that this letters are in Serbian.

But the most astonishing for me was this
    as in that time the heretic "bogumils" or kristjani as you call them didn't even exist any more.

I think i am running out of space so read this link if you still have qestions send me a PM i could write a billion about the Bosnian Church.

So thats all i think however thanks for affort it shows that the community is alway's there to support if help is needed.

Ok we agry that the leaders changed
    ther faith often for political reasons but the people was meanly Orthodox.This is clear when you look at the buildings that are from that time .Theres hardly any churches left from the "krstjani" and the catholic churches are not from that time .You can still find Orthodox monasteries and churches that are from the middle ages even though the turks ruled the aria for over 600 years(most of them were burnt to the ground and the ones that survived are ruins). When the catholic church (pope)seas that some one is heretic(at the time) they can be Orthodox or muslim or any other faith thet is not catholic.The times have changed and now the catholic church has lightened up.Besides this when ever the hungarians had there "crusades" in Bosnia (to exterminate the "heretiks")the floods of refugees to the neighbouring countries were never "krsjani" but Orthodox Serbs.

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

This is clear when you look at the buildings that are from that time .Theres hardly any churches left from the "krstjani" and the catholic churches are not from that time

That's simple to explain Bogumils/Kristjani never build churches they prefered ascetic lives and only used "hižas" for gathering up or religious sessions.. looks like you haven't read the link i showed you.

Besides this when ever the hungarians had there "crusades" in Bosnia (to exterminate the "heretiks")the floods of refugees to the neighbouring countries were never "krsjani" but Orthodox Serbs.
    :hmmm: Never heard about that could you please show me some documuents, would be nice please!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SrbLordMija View Post
    This is the best mod I have ever seen.I worship your effort to make the mod as accurate as it is possible.Theres gust one thing that I don't like in the mod and that's the religion of the banet of Bosnia and the glagoljic writing.
    I think that the religion should be Orthodox and the writing should be cirilic.

The fection should be Orthodox as in that time the heretic "bogumils" or kristjani as you call them didn't even exist any more. And besides that the ban of Bosnia Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned by an orthodox ceremony and in a orthodox monestery (Mileseva [1377] on Mitrovdan- a Orthodox occasion).
    He also claims that hi is a Serb and so do the ban's after him.

This is the "povelja" of Stefan Tvrtko Kotromanic.

Tvrtko Kotromanic was crowned as king of Serbs,Bosnia,Pomorje and Western sides on the grave of St.Sava in Milesheva monastery.He was crowned in an orthodox ceremony,tho he was catholic .In order to under line uniformity of the Nemanjic and Kotromanic dynasties.Tvrtko puts a prefix infront of his sacramential name Tvrtko the name Stefan, which means the crowned one(vencani).in this letter(povelja) Tvrtkos name Stefan is present frequently and the Serbian land or Srblje as an only ethnic determinant. For e.g. in the fifth row Tvrtko clearly highlights that his parents are Serbian nobility. Also on the bottom right side on the first place with huge letters he has written that he is the KING of SERBS.

Hi was in that time catholic for political reasons. So the banet can be catholic also.My opinion and by the text above it is more accurate for it to be Orthodox

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Dabisa Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Dobisa by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

This is the "povelja" of Stefan Ostoja Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Ostoja by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

And so is this.

In his letter to Dudrovnik Stefan Ostoja, king of Bosna , in the end of the second and in the third row he indicates “ I inherit the throne from my parents and ancestors Serbian nobility”

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Tvrtko II Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Tvrtko Tvrtkovic by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje and Hum land (Humska zemlja)(lands that he rules or intends to rule) The same title is in the bottom of the letter

This is the "povelja"of Stefan Tomas Kotromanic.

Translation of the first two rows:”In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost Amen. I Stefan Tomas by the mercy of God king of Serbs (the only ethnic kordinate), Bosna, Pomorje, Hum land (Humska zemlja), South areas (Donji Kraji) , Western sides, Usora, Soli and Podrinje(lands that he rules or intends to rule)

You can see that almost all "poveljas" or letters are the same and all of them mention the name Stefan(A prefix title of Serbian king's).Also it is clear that they are Serbs.There kristjani dispise the ikons and the holy cross,and all of these letters begin with a big cross in the top left corner.

Hire the Bosnian lord claims that his language is Serbian.

Bosnian ban Stefan Kotromanic (1322-1353) gave 1333. a letter to Dubrovnik and wrights: "And that’s why I ban Stefan am putting my gold seal for everybody to see the truth. And that’s why there’s four identical letters, two latin and two serbian, all are seald with golden seals".

It was a tradition to make four letters with the same text, two on Serbian and two on latin .

By claiming this automatically the writing is cirilic.And we can see that in the letters.

I mean no harm and no offence.I gust want to help you geniuses make the mod more accurate .
    That was nice, I think team always appreciate input, but we stumbled upon this stone before.

While it can seem logical from text you pasted and way they are written, they are unfinished and only parts of them put there. That is typical, as its out of context.

you are missing parts of text where he says that he is praparing for trip in Serbian lands(interesting that he says it so, since its logical to assume land he is traveling from is not Serbian)

I gues all you know how medieval politics were and law based upon blood ties, entire europe is an incest pit of relations. Cousins marring cousins etc...

Tvrtkos grandmother is Nemanja linege, it is through her he refers he has serbian ties and its through her he "rightfully" claims the throne. Its also interesting whn he says that he claims throne through his respected "grandparants serbian" he talks respectfully of his Bosnian parants and crown.
    Make difference and stating this is two different crowns. This text down explains is better.

Jasno kaze da je krunisan sa dvije razlicite Kraljevske Krune,prvo onom Bosanskom,pa potom i srpskom ("...I spodobi me sugubim vjencem (dvostrukom krunom),jako oboja vladic`stvija ispravljati mi,prveje ot isprva - v` blagodarovan`njej nam Zemlje Bosne.Potom,že Gospodu mojemu Bogu spodobl`šu me nasljedovati prjestol mojih prjeroditelj`,gospode srbske...".Drugo,kada opisuje nacin na koji je krunisan srpskom krunom,poslije krunisanja Bosanskom Krunom,on eksplicitno kaze da je isao (iz Bosne) u srbsku zemlju i tamo uzeo i njihovu krunu ("...I idoh v` srbskuju zemlju,zeljaje i hote ukrjepiti prijestol roditelj' mojih...".Trece,kada govori o svome pravu na srpsku,pored Bosanske Krune,navodi "praroditelje gospodu srbsku",bez obzira koliko je njegova krvna veza bila minorna sa srpskim vladarima (Nemanjicima),da bi pri kraju povelje naveo i svoje licne pretke "praroditelje gospodu Bosansku",kada kaze:"...I upomenuše Kraljevstvu mi o svojih zakoneh i uvjeteh i poveljeh,koje su imali s praroditelji Kraljevstva mi,z gospodom Bos`nskom...",time praveci vise puta krajnje jasnu razliku izmedju onoga sto je Bosansko i onoga sto je srpsko.

Seems there is always different ways to interpret and how he truly felt only he knows. As i have friends from mixed marriages and those poor things seem always very split to whom or where they belong.
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Pogledaj "Kraljevstvo Slovena " od Marva Orbinija gde se spominje inkvizicija u Bosni ...

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Eh sorry i just don't catch it why Inquisiton?how is the inquisition related with that what we were talking about

što?

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Hi,

Do you mean the inquisition in regards to the Papal campaign against the Krstjani/Bogumili in Bosnia??
    The setup of the Franciscan monasteries in and around the capital of medieval Bosnia.
    The Bobovac and Kraljeva Sutjeska mainly.
    It was not full-blown inquisition like you had one in Spain and France,
    but it was a campaign that was designed to completely eradicate the
    Krtsjani/Bogumili religion from Bosnia.

CHEERS
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Will it be another serbian country?
    I mean at the time were no bosnian muslims around.

Adnan's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by InfUA View Post
    Will it be another serbian country?
    I mean at the time were no bosnian muslims around.
    Bosnians were in that time Krstjani. Bosnia will have unique religion.

okay correct me if I am wrong, but was not Bosnia mostly catholic, with some Bosnian church people, and the orthodox being only in Herzegovina, and parts of Bosnia that were not really Bosnia..

Tvrtko was coroneted(spelled ok) in an orthodox church seen as he was given the Serbian crown, Bosnians statehood, or kingdom hood was inherited from Serbia, so even if Bosnia was mostly catholic he would have to be coroneted in an orthodox Serbian church seen as he was given the Serbian crown..

Anyways I doubt as to that there were clear ethnic lines in those days, I think Bosnia was mostly catholic, but that, well he wore the Serbian crown..

and if his subjects were to be regarded as Serbs or Croats or Bosnians probably didn’t mean much to him, as those peoples down there probably considered them self’s much the same people then

. As i have friends from mixed marriages and those poor things seem always very split to whom or where they belong.
    oh I always wish that I was of pure blood like you, my life would probably be so much better and then I could spend enormous amounts of time proving to my self how my ethnic group is so special.. If anyone in ex Yugoslavia doesn’t have an inferiority complex about who they are it is those poor things that you speak of, at least they don’t have this constant need to prove them self’s, but couldn’t care less

Adnan's Avatar Miles

This religion thing was already debated I think. Link which was posted by Bosnae explains how was with Bogumils in that time. Also coronation was debated too. For Tvrtko it was just another political move to gain more power.

Indefinitely Banned

i cant wait to play Bosnia, it is going to be really good faction.
    when is the mod due again?

saneel's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by matko View Post
    "Pronija" is type of land grant that was not present in Bosnia -it was not heritable. Bosnia had feudalism of western type. so heavy cavalry would be called "Vlastela".
    as for other non generic units - some kind of shielded archers and light cavalry unit.
    I agree with matko,vlastela was an elite of bosnian soldiers,heavy knights.

I have one question,why are you giving all these factions horse archers?
    they didnt have it,only mongols and other turkish tribes,suchs as kazaks,otomans,seljuks,...had it.

saneel's Avatar Senator

Bosnia was a heretical kingdom,but always when some catholics reported to pope that there is false religion in bosnia,the bosnians pretended that they are catholic,so that they would evade crusade. two times they failed,and the hungarian king lead a crusades agains bosnians,but failed. you have the whole history of bosnia at this link
    www.zemljabosna.com

saneel's Avatar Senator

Bosanski vitezovi su bili prekaljeni borci koji su svoje vitesko iskustvo stjecali na bojnim poljima,za razliku od vecine ostalih evropskih vitezova koji su to stjecali "uvjezbavanjem".Bosanski vitezovi su na viteskim turnirima bili pravi strah i trepet.Bili su veliki ponos citave Bosne.Jedan Poljski ljetopisac opisuje ucesce Bosanskih vitezova na turniru koji je 1412 godine priredio Kralj Ugarske.Na njemu se naslo 1500 vitezova sa 3000 stitonosa iz 12 zemalja.Ovaj Poljski ljetopisac opisuje Bosanske vitezove kao okretne,neustrasive i vicne svakom oruzju i kaze da im medju tolikim vitezovima nije bilo ravnih.(Joanni Dlugossi,Historiae Poloniae,lib XI,Karakov 1878.,p.327-328.)
    Bosanski vladari su pak bili ti koji su stajali na celu Bosanske vojske tokom njenih brojnih ratova.Za vrijeme Kulina Bana,tokom rata izmedju Bizantije i Bosne,zabiljezen je slucaj kada se sam Ban Kulin ogledao u dvoboju sa Bizantijskim Carem,ispred obje vojske.Bizantijski kronicari za nasega Bana Kulina kazu da je rastom bio pravi div! Tokom borbe udario je svoga protivnika tako snazno po licu da mu je vizir kacige dopola usjekao u meso!(F.Milobar,Ban Kulin i njegovo doba,Glasnik Zemaljskog muzeja XV,Sarajevo 1903.,p.357.)

Postoje opisi junastva i drugih Bosanskih vladara.Kada je Bosnom vladao Stjepan II Kotromanic,tokom napada Srbije na Bosnu,u jednom boju protiv Srba je doslo je do situacije da se najzesca borba vodila upravo oko Bana,tako da je bio sasjecen i konj ispod njega.U posljednji trenutak jedan od Bosanskih vojvoda (generala) mu je dao svoga konja i tako mu spasio zivot.Ban se nastavio boriti tako zestoko da je i drugi konj bio sasjecen ispod njega,ali nista ga nije moglo zaustaviti,te na celu Bosanske vojske u potpunosti protjeruje srpsku agresorsku vojsku iz Bosne!

Oprema Bosanskih vitezova se sastojala od pancirne kosulje,kacige na kojoj je ponekad bila perjanica,stita,maca,buzdovana,koplja,bodeza i sl.,a i konjska oprema je bila vrlo raskosna.Svaki Bosanski vitez je imao jednog ili vise stitonosa (pomocnika),koji su se brinuli za njegovu vojnu opremu.

Bosanska vojska nije bila placenicka vojska,kao sto je to bio slucaj u vecini ostalih evropskih zemalja.Njenu okosnicu su cinili Banski,odnosno Kraljevski odredi,koji su cinili stalnu vojsku,a u slucaju rata bila je cast ali i duznost svakog Bosnjaka da pristupi Bosanskoj vojsci.

Bosnian knights were veteran soldiers,wich gained veterancy and skill on the battlefield and not on the tournaments like other knights from western europe. Bosnian knights had fearsome reputation on the knight tournaments. They were bosnian pride. Unknown polish historian described bosnian knights as fast,skilled,brave and few can stand against them in sword skills(Joanni Dlugossi,Historiae Poloniae,lib XI,Karakov 1878.,p.327-328.). Bosnian rulers were those who stand in front of their armies in many wars they fought. In time of Kulin Ban,they said that he was really huge man! In war against Bizantium,the tzar of Bizantia and Kulin Ban faced each other in the heat of the battle. They say,that Kulin Ban hit Tzar so hard,that his helmet cut his face!(F.Milobar,Ban Kulin i njegovo doba,Glasnik Zemaljskog muzeja XV,Sarajevo 1903.,p.357.) There are also other recorded heroic fights of bosnian rulers. When Stjepan Kotormanovič ruled the Bosnia,when Serbian armies invaded Bosnia,in one moment of the battle,the biggest clash and fight was around Bosnian king,so he lost his horse.In last moment,his general gave his horse,but the king fought so hard and brave,that also the other horse was cut down. But that also didnt stoped the victory of his army.
    Equpiment of bosnian knights was quite good, made of quality shield and armor,helmet wich also some times had some decorations,...horse equipment was also pretty solid. Every bosnian knights had also at least one servant.
    !Bosnian army was not paid,like in the other countries.The heart of Bosnian armies was their knight orders,wich were profesional soldiers,in service of their country for almost whole life. In case of war,it was duty of every Bosnian man to defeand Bosnia.

Sorry for bad english. But this you must know,Bosnian knights are not paid,they are really good, but probably they were very limited.