Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Default Re: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

it seems strange that there wouldnt at least be some little known trick, cheat or technical glitch one could exploit to kind of "fix" diplomacy.

I'd like to try giving the soul eaters millions of coins and many cities, maybe theyll accept then.

as for expanding north, well again, i have no real choice...the bad AI/diplomacy of the Total War games ensures that no treaty ever lasts and that ill be at war with everyone soon enough.

at war with lycans, talamasca, soul eaters who are allied with severin...which means theryll send some armies down to attack me soon too.

edit: i went ingame and did it, it worked. I gave them a million coins along with 3 cities, and it worked. See, i knew CA didn't completely bork diplomacy, they'll accept protectorate once in awhile, you just have to cheat and give yourself ungodly amounts of gold before they'll accept.
    Last edited by RZZZA; June 07, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

it seems strange that there wouldnt at least be some little known trick, cheat or technical glitch one could exploit to kind of "fix" diplomacy.
    There is the 'force diplomacy' command cheat, never used it myself so not sure how it works or the limitations..

y'know a lot of the problem was solved by just not starting the first game as the rahala, they are right in the middle of everyone and not he best choice for a first game.

I'm playing the lycans and its much better for a first playthrough, i'm guessing the talamasca and severin are equally as good a choice for a first playthrough. I might have unwittingly chosen the most difficult faction starting out.

Blog Entries

A'yup, the Rahala are probably the hardest of the main factions, The Lycans are easier in terms of positioning but probably have the hardest time quicker than any of the others as the Severin come put all guns blazing (so to speak) .. Your Horse archers will be your strongest unit early on but don't leave building the higher barracks/stable/ranges to long or you'll find yourself in serious trouble..

The Talamasca were probably my personal favourite faction though they have to really fight their way out of that corner, especially if you let the Druids get a foothold in the forbidden mountains, the Severin are probably the easiest overall..

I've yet to play all the smaller factions, 'Soul Eaters, Druids, Ghost-men, Zombies', but even the short games I played in testing were really hard..

yeah, I'm either going with the druids or talamasca next. I didnt realize that talamasca got cool-looking knights, i felt really bad having to kill so many with my subai bodyguards.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

i love this mod . are you going to make some update
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Indefinitely Banned

im enjoying this mod a lot i always like playing as a purebreed Vampire

Thanks EODII Team and congratulations on this second mod of yours more to come
    Last edited by Mithril; June 26, 2008 at 07:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    i love this mod . are you going to make some update
    Nothing is planed as far as expanding the mod goes..

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Halie....you have done it again

what you ask?

produce a beautifully crafted and well thought through mod...you got a banner I can slap on my sig so I can spread the word bout how damn well great you guys are

I'm playing as the human faction...love the cleansing roleplay
    also....cannons???? bloody amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

I can only take half the credit, Mak put as much if not more work in than I did..But thanks any way..

Sigs are here..

Yup, the Talamasca are a cool faction to play, though not the 'good guys' by any stretch..

well whoever is responsible for the magic of this game....they've got my applause

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Hey, this mod is awesome!

I really like the map, it gives a "whole world" feel that vanilla and other mods lack. I also enjoy the different factions and all of their units, although there could be more unit diversity. The factions are cool, I really like your take on Vampires and Werewolves, and the Talamasca will be my next faction choice, they look real interesting.

Overall, this is one of the better mods ever made for RTW, and is quite a feat for such a small team (it's just Halie and Mak right?). The things that stand out to me the most is the beautiful map and the impressive siege engines, great work with those.

I started a game as the Rahala and am in the process of whooping arse against the Severin and Soul Eaters. I don't see why you believe they are one of the harder factions, their isolated island home is a great base for further conquest provided you have a strong navy to keep would be invaders away.

I'm loving the naval aspect as the Talamasca...the lycan have taken the large island in the east of the map...above the talamasca lands...and are trying to blockade my ports, I've put a wall of experienced war galleys and gallys across the mouth of the channel and they dunno wot to do! lol

Blog Entries

Overall, this is one of the better mods ever made for RTW, and is quite a feat for such a small team (it's just Halie and Mak right?).
    Yep, just us..

I started a game as the Rahala and am in the process of whooping arse against the Severin and Soul Eaters. I don't see why you believe they are one of the harder factions, their isolated island home is a great base for further conquest provided you have a strong navy to keep would be invaders away.
    I found the early campaign easy enough, but once the Lycans and Severin start to spread my Island fortress seemed very small, while expansion to the main lands became risky. Added to that the Severin take a fancy to the Rahala homelands and tend to invade..

I'm loving the naval aspect as the Talamasca...the lycan have taken the large island in the east of the map...above the talamasca lands...and are trying to blockade my ports, I've put a wall of experienced war galleys and gallys across the mouth of the channel and they dunno wot to do! lol
    They'll probably put together some strong full stacks and come knocking on your front door (while the Rahala sneak round the back)

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post

They'll probably put together some strong full stacks and come knocking on your front door (while the Rahala sneak round the back)
    Got that one covered, spies throughout the druid lands (forbidden mtns) and into the rahala provinces on the mainland watching their every move

One thing about the lycan, I have spies in their home regions and I know they can recruit mid-high level units but they keep tryin to get onto my mainland with full stacks made up of their Teleri units

Blog Entries

One thing about the lycan, I have spies in their home regions and I know they can recruit mid-high level units but they keep tryin to get onto my mainland with full stacks made up of their Teleri units
    Their probably in a full scale war with the Severin on their western front, how that turns out will decide who your biggest threat will be. If the Lycans push the Severin back you'll soon be facing full stacks of their best units. If the Severin crush the Lycans you'll soon be faced with waves of blood thirsty Vampyres.

Either way you'll need your best units (and plenty of them) fully armoured with the best weapons you can forge.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Well I'm currently pushing the Severin back, while my spies up in the north have seen the Lycans being hard pressed by both the Ghostmen and the Druids at the same time. I lucked out I guess .

Blog Entries

Well I'm currently pushing the Severin back, while my spies up in the north have seen the Lycans being hard pressed by both the Ghostmen and the Druids at the same time. I lucked out I guess
    Part of the beauty of 'LR' is the very fine balance between the factions, which makes for unpredictable campaigns. The rebels especially will take advantage of the wars between the main factions, rather than just being cannon fodder. I've even seen the Druids forge quite an empire for themselves while the Talamasca and Lycans were distracted, by the time my Rahala forces reached the forbidden mountains the Druids were so strong it took me years and cost many lives just to get a foot hold.

I was thinking that too, atm I'm allied with the druids cuz they're doin a great job of holding back the rahala

Blog Entries

I was thinking that too, atm I'm allied with the druids cuz they're doin a great job of holding back the rahala
    Ah, well they'll hold the Rahala back but you'll soon find you've nowhere to expand into and the Rahala will go around them to get to you, and if they manage to take one region that boarders you they'll soon recruit a heap of ships which will lay siege to your ports and cut your economy drastically.

Tip; the 'Druids' take full advantage of the mods garrison script, whatever armies they have now will almost double if you launch an invasion against them. So the longer you leave them the harder they'll be to defeat..

muhaha!..