Thread: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

RELEASED
    END OF DAYS II:
    LYCAN RISING.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Patch 1.2 can be found attached to the bottom of this post.

Includes the minor fixes previously issued in v1.01 in case you haven't already installed that.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

V1.02 also fixes bug with missing model for Lycan wonder, has small fix to Soul Eaters unit models, some text corrections to unit information (thanks to Nakandakari Lobato for pointing out those a very long time ago...!) and also makes the background script launch automatically, thanks to House of Ham and Bardo in this thread for showing how to do that.

Going from v1.01 to v1.02 should be save game compatible, but just in-case I'm wrong, don't install it if you're at a really exciting part of your campaign....

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Make sure that you have a clean copy of Rome Total War and Barbarian Invasion.
    Barbarian Invasion must be patched to version 1.6 before you install the mod!
    Please note: not all copies of RTS Gold are patched to 1.6. To check your version number
    launch your Barbarian Invasion game and go into options and check number in top right hand corner.
    If it does not say 1.6 please visit the official Total War site at http://www.totalwar.com/ to obtain the necessary patch.

Launch the installer and browse to direct it to your Rome - Total War directory. Path in installer should look like:
    C:\program files\activision\Rome - Total War
    or your equivalent (do not include \bi or \data in the file path), run installer.
    A dos window will open at the end of the installation, this is essential as it needs to copy some original BI files into your mod-folder, do not close the window until the words "press any key to continue" appear at the bottom of the window.

NB: If you install to wrong folder, DO NOT attempt to manually copy files to correct position, you will be missing various original BI files which are required for the game to run. If you have installed to wrong folder simply delete the eod2 folder and run installer again pointed at correct directory.

PLAYING INSTRUCTIONS:

The individual campaigns for the main factions give you a while to get established. The start is meant to be relatively easy, please don't assume that will continue for long. Take advantage of this time and use it wisely, or else you may be in trouble later!

The campaign is balanced to be played on large (not huge) unit size and Wolfish / Wolfish difficulty levels.
    Please play with 'No Advice' selected.

The default installation includes a background script, this adds garrisons to a limited number of settlements and spawns some additional defending armies when you start to invade the main factions starting positions. The script launches automatically when you start a new campaign. To re-start the script when you reload a game, click on any unit or settlement then click on the advisor's portrait which comes up and then the show-me button.

If you'd prefer to run without the script or have difficulties with it, please see the EODII_options folder which will be installed in your bi folder, optional files in that folder will disable the script, please see the options readme provided.

If you want the start of the game speeded up a bit, a year jump script (by Epistolary Richard) is included,
    to launch that click on the advisor button in one of your settlements construction screens during the first turn.
    Please note that the AI might leave you in a more difficult position when control is returned to you!

CREDITS

MODIFICATION BY:
    Halie Satanus (Satanea Juda) - mod and map concept, 3D and 2D artwork including units, story line, descriptions & music.
    Makanyane - map implementation and battle map modification, general coding and mod build.

GENERAL THANKS:
    Thanks to our fans and forum contributors especially those that contributed to quotes and traits, including; preston, ME2_junky, Lysander13, Celtic Champion, Elohim, WImPyTjeH, zedestroyer, christof139, Sir Dinadan, yourefired.
    For work on testing to: Garbarsardar & Tom Paine, and special thanks to our most persistent testers:
    Kamos32, ReignTerror, Charge and margio.

To all our fellow modders for research, tutorials, assistance and inspiration, most especially to; drak10687, Muizer, Red Spot, Zephrelial, Duke John, Atilius, Bardo, Wlesmana, Charge (for coding advice as well as testing), Palantir/DolGuldur (for installer method and answering Mak's silliest questions), Anallein (for pointing the way to finally finding script problem) & Spirit of Rob (for that model).

TEXT THINGS BORROWED:
    Things specifically used and abused by Mak;
    Darth Vaders open source formations (from which bridge formation is included),
    Horse Archers SkyMod (used as initial basis - now very mangled!) ,
    Character Names Project for M2TW (names borrowed and mangled!)
    Epistolary Richard's Year Jump Mod

COMPONENTS:
    An ESPECIALLY MASSIVE THANKS to Hoggy and the Blue Lotus team for allowing use of various elements from their wonderful mod, notably including the walls on which the Lycan and Severin large walls were based, the large cannon models and various other unit models which we've used and edited for EOD II: Lycan Rising, we are eternally grateful. Visit the Blue Lotus forums at the Org: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=96 to see their original work.

Thanks to riczu74 for permission to use and abuse his trade ship models. His full strat map mod is highly recommended and is available here.

Thanks also for the Rancor (head) which is an open source model created by;
    Zachary Brackin (Limb welding, MAX textures, Biped)
    Tom Miller (BIP author) For the Rancor (head) model
    And can be found here; http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intG...10&intCatID=13

Massive thanks to Brother Shogo for his kindness in allowing the use of the units from his unreleased mod The Crescent and the Cross.

And finally many thanks to the Fourth Age Total War team for the armoured horse model used by the Vampyre Succubus Cavalry, Talamasca and Denzim mounted knights.

Also of course thanks to CA and Sega for producing and distributing such a great game to start with, and for their support to the modding community.

PERMISSIONS

Permission will probably be granted for use of components, but please contact us first, so we know where they are going, and to check they are not elements that we do not have permission to redistribute.
    Halie Satanus http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=7686
    or Makanyane http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/member.php?u=15499

CAMPAIGN START:
    When you start a new campaign the background script loads automatically. While its doing that you will see the advisor appear briefly with a speech bubble telling you its loading.

You do not need to press anything at this stage, the advisor disappears automatically, do not worry if you don't notice this happening it is quite quick.

CAMPAIGN RE-LOAD:
    When you re-load a saved campaign as soon as you select a city or army the advisor pops up. Click on the centre of the advisor and it will give you a reminder about launching the script, press the show-me how button to launch the script.

(in version 1.02 script launches automatically - so just click to dismiss advisor when it pops up)

OPTIONAL
    (beware of starting this one by mistake!):
    On the first turn of a new campaign for the main factions you can use Epistolary Richard's year jump script to automatically advance 15 years into the campaign. To trigger the advance script click the advisor button in a settlement construction screen:

follow the instructions the advisor gives you and click the show-me how button:

General Info:
    Each of the main races have their own religion and culture, the wolven culture of the Lycans and the heathen religion of the majority of the rebels will not cause any unrest to other races. If you try and take over a settlement loyal to one of the Vampyre races or the Talamasca though you will have problems subduing them.

Each major race has its own temple type and some other unique buildings, if you take over a settlement where these are already built you may find there are some advantages in retaining them. Generals exposed to more of a foreign culture may become more tolerant, spies and agents may learn more about the enemy, beware though, your generals may also become confused or worse. Amongst the things that can be gained from residing in a settlement with enemy buildings are a number of useful recruits (or ancillaries) who may choose to join your general or agents. If your generals do acquire helpers beware of removing them to pass on to others, your generals may not be happy if deprived of their retinue.

You will be joining the war during a lull in the fighting, settlements have been depleted during previous battles and need re-building. Various rebel tribes have taken advantage of the lull in hostilities and occupied large tracts of land, they will need to be dealt with before you take on your main opponents.

VAMPYRES:
    Special buildings:
    Sanctum of the Ancients:

Can be built in regions with the sacred blood resource, upgrades armour ratings and the health of the population.

Crypt and Mausoleum:

Can be built in regions with the sacred earth resource, provide a safe and peaceful resting place during the day, hence improving health and happiness. If another race take over these buildings they can be barricaded and used to imprison the vampyres caught resting there, thus improving the enemies health as well!

Beast Pit:

Many vile and unholy creatures walk this cursed land yet a wise leader can harness their power. A beast pit can be constructed in Metatron, Tebtunis and Pr-Bastet to recruit Yagrazil; at Yunu, Zanad, Abydos, Heracleum or Kahun hybrid monsters can be trained. (Lycans can also construct this building)

SEVERIN
    Characteristics: The Severin are mixed blood Vampyres, less sophisticated than the Rahala but more numerous.

Starting settlements: Tir~Na, Pr~Bastet, Ser~Basen, Pr~Faig, Ser~Rah, To~She, Tir~Sallos & Hanzi
    Leader: Valefore
    Religion: Black Veil, temples help improve armour ratings and make population more law abiding.

Units: In the Severin campaign in order to recruit the highest Severin unit the 'Ancients' you need to first trigger the re-birth of the ancients event. To do this you must build the Crucible government building in either Yunu, To~She or Tallos.

RAHALA
    Characteristics: The Rahala are pure blood Vampyres, the true elite of the night breeds. Their fighting tactics are more advanced than other races but they have fewer numbers.

Starting settlements: Metatron, Menes, Rajah, Erebus & Hiero~Sitl.
    Leader: Amshur has just been killed by Akashan who takes control of the nation.
    Religion: Setite, temples help improve happiness and trade.

Units: The 'Ancients' unit is available only in regions with the sacred blood resource. Metatron and the surrounding isle has some advantages in being able to recruit Denzim heavy troops.

LYCANS
    Characteristics: The Lycans have long suffered under the yolk of Vampyric rule and many failed rebellions have taken a deep toll on their nation, now a new leader has given them hope.

Starting settlements: Lycaos~Tor, Lycan~Tra, Fir~Reneh, Fir~Meneh, Fendras, Nagada
    Leader: Lucian
    Special Buildings:
    Wolfsbane Farm

Can be constructed in regions with the wolfsbane resource, improves population health and trade income.
    Beast Pit

Many vile and unholy creatures walk this cursed land yet a wise leader can harness their power.

Religion: Wolven - more of a culture than a religion although the Lycans do worship at temples in honour of Lycaos the first king of the Lycan nation.

TALAMASCAN
    Characteristics: The Talamascans are a secretive Christian order driven by fanatical leaders and a desire to kill what they do not understand.

Starting settlements: Karanis, Kahun, Versghala, Edfu, Tmn~Hor
    Leader: Kerin, has taken control of the Talamasca after the death of Etrigan.
    Special Buildings:
    Garlic Fields

Can be constructed in regions with the garlic resource, provides armour upgrades and improves population health and trade income.
    Sacred Well

Can be constructed in regions with the holy water resource, provides weapon upgrades and improves population health and trade income.

Religion: Talamascan - a way of life more than a religion, the Talamascans are sworn to vengeance and to the complete destruction of the night breeds, lore passed down by Talamasca elders helps them in their task. Being true to his oath of vengeance is important for a Talamascan leader, withdrawing in the face of battle is seen as breaking the oath and should be avoided whenever possible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; July 13, 2016 at 04:14 PM. Reason: New DL link added.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: ***EODII LYCAN RISING RELEASED***

Well done!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Oh crap, he's beat me to it again...

I have to say here too that Lycan Rising looks exceptionally great (still downloading). More praise to come when I actually play and look at the code

Looks great!

This looks very fun.

Downloading now, hopefully I'll get a chance to play it before university starts up again...

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Lovely map and map textures. Great strat map models. I love the boats. Battlemap terrains looks amazing too - such a change, and such an addition to the atmosphere of your dark world...oh, and the cannon - great work!

Beautiful!

p.s. I assume the loading bar was left out the mod pack on purpose? The vanilla works I guess.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

p.s. I assume the loading bar was left out the mod pack on purpose? The vanilla works I guess.
    I didn't change it in the end, thought about it, but liked the red.

Ah good news! Though I do feel bad about not helping Beta Testing in the past 2 months, but I've had massive computer problems.

WOW! That's amazing! Almost finished with downloading !
    One question, what race are the Lycans?
    Another question, are battles fast paced or slow paced?

Thanks!

Hi killerxguy
    One question, what race are the Lycans?
    Werewolves that have learnt to control their urge to change and live mainly as humans.
    Another question, are battles fast paced or slow paced?
    Similar to EoD. For anyone that answer doesn't help, slightly slower than vanilla RTW for movement speed, kill rate and routing, but not to epic proportions.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi,

What...? EOD II is released !!

Oh, Jesus : protect us from this evil stuff !!

God keep us !!

Hopefully, I'm not believer and it's a great day...

Satanus is the new messie of RTW.

loet66
    Last edited by loet66; January 02, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Got to get me some of this
    Fighting with the Wisdom, the Bosnian Kingdom

Congratulations, guys. I wonder how do you produce such quality products in so few time. Black magic, perhaps?

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

No black ebay ...
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Congratulations, guys. I wonder how do you produce such quality products in so few time. Black magic, perhaps?
    For my part, A modicum of talent, a good sense of reality, and a lot of luck, I work with what I have and scavenge what I don't, then I look at what really has to be modded and what doesn't and go from there. Saying that this mod really pushed the limits as it grew and grew the further we went, we could have released it three/four months ago but it wouldn't have had new walls, skies (which is a triumph from Mak), totems, script (another masterpiece), or a bunch of other little bits that make it complete in every area. In essence Mak's the real genius, I'm just getting away with it.

Sacrificing the odd chicken helps as well.

hello end of days's team. I have to admit , your mod is perfect (almost) . i always wanted a strategy with rivals : vampires and werewolves, something like underworld, and your game is exactly what i was looking for.
    GREAT JOB .
    Of course i have a ,really very little, question about the units.

..As u have written the..proposed way to play the mod, is on wolfisah/wolfish. However i have found that my early lycans are lesser or at most ,equal with the light woodmen let's say. That normally wouldn't be a problem, but well, they are werewolves.....shouldn't lycans and vampires units be more strong than the humen ones? i mean a light spearman lycan (or vampyre) should have more damage or defence than the countrepant light human spearman, (according to every movie or book has made for them ;P). Except of course if this role is different in ur world...
    Anyway as i said the mod is really great . i just do that guestion to give me advice to make this perfect mod....perfecter!!

sorry for my bad englisg

and i didn't know where to put the post.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverarmon View Post
    hello end of days's team. I have to admit , your mod is perfect (almost) . i always wanted a strategy with rivals : vampires and werewolves, something like underworld, and your game is exactly what i was looking for.
    GREAT JOB .
    Of course i have a ,really very little, question about the units.

..As u have written the..proposed way to play the mod, is on wolfisah/wolfish. However i have found that my early lycans are lesser or at most ,equal with the light woodmen let's say. That normally wouldn't be a problem, but well, they are werewolves.....shouldn't lycans and vampires units be more strong than the humen ones? i mean a light spearman lycan (or vampyre) should have more damage or defence than the countrepant light human spearman, (according to every movie or book has made for them ;P). Except of course if this role is different in ur world...
    Anyway as i said the mod is really great . i just do that guestion to give me advice to make this perfect mod....perfecter!!

sorry for my bad englisg

and i didn't know where to put the post.....
    It's a fair point, the Lycans are made up of three tribes (and the ancients),, each tribe is a little further along the Lycan evolutionary path due to the degree of contact they've had with humans, Terani being most human, then the Nurei, and last the Subei, the biggest effect on a Lycan once ''turned'' is the loss of human contact, so gradually they become more Lycan.

The Technical answer is the human players units are tweaked in each campaign to make it harder.

The download links in the first post have been updated.

MasterOfNone kindly help spot a couple of coding errors, by yours truly, that could possibly cause CTD's in the game, see this thread, those have been fixed with a very small update; patch 1.01 which is available here: http://files.filefront.com/lycan+ris.../fileinfo.html
    please download and install that if you have the first version v1.0 (you can tell which version you have by looking in the top right corner of the first loading screen when you launch the mod)

If you haven't already downloaded the mod then a revised version of the full installer including that fix is available here:
    V1.01 full install: http://uploaded.to/?id=3s24c4

If you have problems with the uploaded.to site use the original v1.0 download link on filefront (see first post) and install the patch afterwards. A revised version will go up on filefront eventually but I'm having problems uploading to it at the moment.

Congrats Halie and Mak, looks great!!

so Dr Satanus....for a more "realistic" weregame, i should played to a lesser difficult lvl ..lets say wolfish-wolverine,so to lesser the stats of humen...

or the enjounment would be greater in ur prefered difficulty?

mmm( maybe if u have add more numbers in the human units but lesser their stats...(as they are so many)..
    Of course i dont want u to remake the game :
    I ask it just to change it myself if i can. Whould it be ok , or would be less "realistic" or balanced?

sorry fot my terrible englisg again...

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast