Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overall Map Info

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: Overall Map Info

Some people waiting more than year
    At least you're past half way in terms of waiting then

Sorry, I got side tracked into waiting for Kingdoms, doing a few maps for LTC and reducing the map size in between plus resolving the black rectangle issue which was a major thing for the map. So should be out this year. Just got to get through all the faction model bits.

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

It's a good idea to realize PKH before ETW

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    ...reducing the map size in between plus resolving the black rectangle issue which was a major thing for the map.
    What was your reason(s) for reducing the map size? I'm curious to know these larger map issues, attempting one myself.

Also...

Your rectangle (more like wrecktangle) fix is much appreciated. Those little bastards had annoyed me from the very start.

Cheers.

Guiscard - The problem was partly associated with the way it generates rebels and pirates. Alpaca changed those parameters and it reduced the problem. however when running on auto I still kept getting odd crashes and so abandoned it and went for a smaller map.

It may just of been the layout as I had few places in the islands off the East coast of Scotland and the map sort of extends those regions through the sea until it gets to the edge of the map. It may be that those regions just seemed way too big as a consequence and was still hit by problems on spawning. When I auto run the 300 map I never had a problem so I just went with that one.

malcolm mcdowell's Avatar Miles

very nice chalky cliffs you've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm mcdowell
    very nice chalky cliffs you've got there.
    Thanks for that. Makanyane asked me to put them in and they wouldn't be the same if they were brown like the Cornwall ones.

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

This looks amazing!! So, is that map at the top of the thread the stratmap? Does it really have that many factions? If so, you are a saint. Looking forward to the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Legio XII
    This looks amazing!! So, is that map at the top of the thread the stratmap? Does it really have that many factions? If so, you are a saint. Looking forward to the release!
    Yes thats the start map at the moment for the main map and the colours do show the different factions. It's because there are so many factions thats its taking so long but it doesn't make too much sense for me to cut it down unless I was just going to release a revamped Britannia campaign on a map a bit smaller. All the factions are in but I'm expanding the family trees at the moment to bring them in line with what I need for the mod.

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Yes thats the start map at the moment for the main map and the colours do show the different factions. It's because there are so many factions thats its taking so long but it doesn't make too much sense for me to cut it down unless I was just going to release a revamped Britannia campaign on a map a bit smaller. All the factions are in but I'm expanding the family trees at the moment to bring them in line with what I need for the mod.
    Are factions destroyed and removed as you take over their territory then? Or are they 'absorbed' into a sphere of influence, in effect, vassalage?

Are factions destroyed and removed as you take over their territory then? Or are they 'absorbed' into a sphere of influence, in effect, vassalage?
    As you take over territory you would gain territory in the normal way. If a faction is destroyed (ie the relevant family members) their remaining territory (and troops) will revert to their feudal overlord..(assuming they are a feudal faction). ... as they say its good to be the King.

Giaus Marius's Avatar Libertus

This looks really neat, I like the idea of fuedal lords and such (I love the british isles mods, always tried to capture them and like the kingdoms campaign best)

I came, I saw, and then I left pretty quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Giaus Marius
    I like the idea of fuedal lords and such (I love the british isles mods, always tried to capture them and like the kingdoms campaign best)
    In that case you should love this. Its a great time period.

The map is about as detailed as you can get. I'm trying to sort out some models to fit in better with the time line which is taking the time right now.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

amazing work, thumbs up!

@fightermedic thanks

Some new map shots added to each section - taken as maximum zoom out shots, cut to 1500 wide and then resized down.

Indefinitely Banned
    Mid-sized town about an hour north of Chicago. Tis a'ight.

This is absolutely fantastic.

Will you be realising this map seperate as well as your mod, I don't really like taking away from the original game so much but all those new settlemnts have my taste buds flowing ?

bubble30 - Sorry the map comes with mod. I wasn't planning on a separate release for it.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

This looks amasing! When do you think it is done?

Hi m8

Can I ask, What Castles you have?

Will the following castles be making an appearance - Warwick, Alnwick and Bamburgh?

The mod looks really promising, keep up the good work.
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

Quote Originally Posted by verena xeventus
    Can I ask, What Castles you have?

Will the following castles be making an appearance - Warwick, Alnwick and Bamburgh?
    Hi verena xeventus - hope all is well. Yes all 3 castles are in. I set the Percy family capital at Alnwick and they have Bamburgh as well. Its a little early for the Percy's but I wanted a faction there to balance things a bit.

Warwick was a bit more straight forward. Its is the family capital for the Earl of Warwick - the Beauchamps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast