Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

CONSULATE OF CATO AND CAESAR
    Continue your debates here!

ooc;Cato,if you can make a speech about what you intend to do while you are Consul;Thanks!
    Last edited by Kritias; January 04, 2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Consul Caesar, wouldn't be better if we had a tally of all running motions from the previous thread, so that we don't forget them easily in this change?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

It would but this is no business of mine;The elected Princeps Senatus must do it.Since you are logged in right now,would you like to serve as Princeps pro tempora and do this little service to the Republic?
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Yes, of course.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

What border should we impose to Italy

The Claudian Border (unchanged): II
    The Claudian Border (without Messana): I
    The Optima Border: N
    The Decima Border: N
    Abstinere: N

Should we Ally With Epirus?

Gratia N
    Contra III
    Abstinere II

Pax Romana shall be enacted for at least a year(RP time;a consulate).

Gratia I
    Contra V
    Abstinere N

Forthwith the cities of Rome,Capua,Apulania,Asculum and Arretium will have their taxes lowered to low;In return mining operations will proceed in Arretium and the newly added Croton to counter balance the net flow in;

Gratia II
    Contra III
    Abstinere N

Pax Romana shall be enacted for at least a year(RP time;a consulate).

Gratia I
    Contra V
    Abstinere N

Senators, given the number of votes against this particular motion, I, as provisory PS, declare it closed and rejected.

Motion Rejected.

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

*Cato the Younger walks in the senate with the senators appluading him*

*He bows*

Thanks you Senators for voting me Senior Consvl.
    And thank you Ceasar for giving me such a hard time in the elections, it was quite an exciting election period.

during my time as consvl i wish to complete what the senate wishes, i am willing to work with both of the parties, i will press for peace but if needed i will use the optimate sword to destroy the enemies of rome!

I want to complete Mining Operations in Arretium and Croton to lean off of the taxes shoulder a little bit, I want to get trade agreements with everyone in greece, if we cant own thier wealth we might as well trade for it. I Also wish to expand the Republic into the Po Valley.

It would help our farming production and more jobs and land for the poor and hungry.

Thank you Senators once again for voting me Consvl.

OCC: i like the picture is that the Cato guy in the Rome Series?
    ‡Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!‡

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Closed, as the Magistrate election has not yet taken place.

Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Reopened with the closing of the election. You can find the old Cvria in the senate records here.

Senators, with the recent reserves of cash at record levels in our treasury, I would like to propose a massive infrastructure program, now that we are at peace. Discuss.

*Cato the Younger walking into the senate hall getting ready to sit in his chair says*

You plans Senator? and would the senate like a report about the current state of the republic or all we all well informed?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

What sort of infrastructure? May I remind you that we are inundated with building, I believe we have farms to build after the military infrastructure. I would support port and market infrastructure.

I would like a military report on each separate legion, as well as reports on the buildings in each city. (This would be the Censors job, but since we don't have one...)

Seince we have no censor. i will do that for you senator.

OCC: i see wode viewing. would he want to be censor?

Senators, we have about 80000 denarii in our public reserves (read my reports).

What sort of infrastructure? May I remind you that we are inundated with building, I believe we have farms to build after the military infrastructure. I would support port and market infrastructure.

I would like a military report on each separate legion, as well as reports on the buildings in each city. (This would be the Censors job, but since we don't have one...)
    Any sort of infrastructure must do. We have cash, and we don't know how to spend it; that's the main point of this proposal. But I would like to put my priority on farms and on the military for now. And highways, if we can build any.

We shall fwee...Wode's Avatar Senator

I will support the expansion of our infastructure. Is there anything that needs urgent construction? I know we are building mines, but what else? I propose if there are slots, to make Markets and forums throughout the republic.

I will also like to propose the motion to move 2400 colonia each from Rome and other allied cities to Tarentum and Croton, but first, I would like to know what the population of Tarentum and Croton, so that we do not put too much strain on the cities.
    add "wick" on the end of my name.

Gaivs Atilivs Balbvs - senator YATS, age 30)

Nephew of Marcvs Atilivs Balbvs, died in battle aged 48

The forums Monty Python nutter!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Alright here's a motion for consideration once we have PS

" Increase the market infrastructure in each city with a trader to a market, and each city with a market to a forum. In cities with no trader, one should be built and upgraded to a market."

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Alright here's a motion for consideration once we have PS

" Increase the market infrastructure in each city with a trader to a market, and each city with a market to a forum. In cities with no trader, one should be built and upgraded to a market."
    I'm provisory PS, still, because Skan didn't return yet. But I also support upgrading our farming infrastructure where it can be done. And highways near Rome, too.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

We still have a bill passed on farming infrastructure that needs action. It was not reported in the PS thread, but i could dig through the old curia if you want. Or you could, since your PS pro tem...

I think the censor decided to put it off for a while as the bill allows him to do.

ooc: woo 1,000th post 6 posts ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    We still have a bill passed on farming infrastructure that needs action. It was not reported in the PS thread, but i could dig through the old curia if you want. Or you could, since your PS pro tem...

I think the censor decided to put it off for a while as the bill allows him to do.

ooc: woo 1,000th post 6 posts ago!
    We could just merge this into a huge infrastructure bill, of course, then put it to vote.

Anyway, we need also to know all the detailed costs about our operation. Then I'll propose the motion.

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast