Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627

Thread: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia,Consulate of Cato\Caesar

I don't think any judgments on troop numbers should be made by anyone but the Pro Consul when he takes his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"I agree with Lepidus;The Pro Consul should make a formal request for any amount of legions,stating the problems he sees in the well-being of his Proconsulate and any possible danger he sees in the near future;Then the senate can ratify or negotiate the number of legions;I propose though that we make sure that we don't give enough men in order to prevent anyone from conquering nearby provinces without the Senate's consent but not so few either so that the Proconsul can defend the provinces(s) with ease."
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

*Cato stands to speak*

Education.. Education for barariand when the poor of rome do not even have this?
    Senators i am displeased that so many of gaul is treated better than the roman people of our very own city! This sickens me..

Gauls do not deserve education or mercy or even taxes lower than romans!
    should we care about other people before our own? This is like me caring for your family, Lepidus, Before my own. This is crazy and i will not stand for this at all.

If anything education will be established into the roman cities firs,t not these foolsih gauls.

I hope you all will come to your senses and put your own kind before the likes of other, Did we do this when we went to war with the northern tribes? did we consider their feelings?
    Did we do this when we killed the men of pyhruss?
    Wake up Senators, Romans come first not the guals or greeks.

As my consvlship is comming to an end, I wish the next Consvl all the luck.
    I hope you have more sense than these men..
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

All is quiet in the senate. The doors are closed and no-ones around. Seems like the summer sun has forced all senators to their villas outside the walls of Rome...
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

ooc: I'd just like to say that the reason I haven't been posting many Quaestor reports is because I recently got a new graphics card for my computer, and now RTW crashes all the time because my new graphics card is too much for my computer. So, I can't even access RTW.

(still ooc) I mostly use my parents' computer now, but I'm not allowed to install RTW on it. I had to sneak onto this computer and install it when my parents weren't looking, but I still don't think I should download and install any mods.
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Egoilus's Avatar Civis
    Hmm can you tell me.. (me thinks me bit confused)

Whitch member of the Valerii do not want their son to play RS? Let me talk to them as head of the family!
    Gaius Valerius Secundus Proud member of the Populares
    Palma ut Rome! , Ex Princeps Senatus, Ex Censor

Glory and Victory for Our Lord and Protector The Emperor of Harad!

I see that while I'm away, the Senate suddenly starts to crumble without my heavy hand. Situation is critical, Senators, but we shouldn't take this further if we all we have is a few interested Senators while the majority lies outside our political sphere.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)