Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: 300' Warlords of Sparta.

Default Re: 300' Warlords of Sparta.

HS - I think the warriors from Thebes helmet honestly looks better. I have always thought in the previous constructions of this 300 style warrior that the helms face plates were way too far away from the face - eye wells way too big and so on. If you can take the face plate from the Theben and use it for the Spartan models I think it will improve its over all look. It will look more menacing.

Hey since you not necessarily going for historical accuracy how about some body armor? Check this link out. They are miniatures and you can tell they were inspired by the movie but I think they actually show some improvement over the designs from the movie - then you create even greater interest in your mod because your bringing models and skins to the table that people have not had before.

After all - why not its a fantasy mod - much as the movie was a fantasy movie.

here you go - let me know what you think

You know come to think of it this wouldnt be a bad fantasy mod to do based off of these miniatures and the game. At least the model concepts would be complete right? I think its called Wargods ; Age of AEgyptus.

http://www.wargamesworkshop.com/Prod...D=65&GrpID=623

http://www.crocodilegames.com/image_...?ID=560&Page=4

http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/items/WGO-901.jpg

Here is a link that shows their full (and growing) line.

some more - for ideas - and I am bored

http://www.twfigurines.de/wargods/spartans.htm
    Last edited by Solo1906; January 11, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solo
    NICE! Glad to see you moved away from the black which seems to be a trend for people to skin for those guys.
    He's from an image I found in a random search., I might go back to him later and change the plume style to that of the original, then again, maybe not.

http://69.16.230.244/~verner/graficos/fotos/f867-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    not a skirt! You should rent the movie, watch it a few times and pay attention to their crotch area.
    They are as they are and unless I get time later on to edit them they'll stay that way.

HS - I think the warriors from Thebes helmet honestly looks better. I have always thought in the previous constructions of this 300 style warrior that the helms face plates were way too far away from the face - eye wells way too big and so on. If you can take the face plate from the Theben and use it for the Spartan models I think it will improve its over all look. It will look more menacing.
    I think I'll stick with that one for now, but again, if I get time once the other units are all made I'll go back and fix those eye slits, in the movie they look pretty different (better) to the ones I have, I think it's a simple enough fix.

The problem with the mini models is that if you transfer the costume designs to RTW they tend to look a lot like every Spartan unit that's out there, I like the ones in the movie and will probably stick as close to them as poss, apart from the ''Royal Guards'' who do have black armour and helmets. .
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 11, 2008 at 03:08 PM.

i may be using those shields in my mod too, but as they will be completely different i can’t see it will matter much, although i may stick to the haggard look lols

strangely i had exactly the same idea about cleaning up the 300 shields.

btw, it is possible to clone over [copy] the faces from the film as i have done - if you want to replicate it in your mod!

like minds i guess
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Blog Entries

That's as close as I can get to the helmet in the movie. I think it looks close enough.

Spartan Soldier's Avatar Libertus

Could you tell us the mod progress

Blog Entries

Well, you can pretty much see everything that's done, though Uranos has probably made some progress with the map, it's a long way from any kind of release but who knows, it could be out in the summer.

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Wow looks really good Halie, and looks like its progressing nicely! Well done! But is it exclusivley for Alexander or will it work for BI or RTW as well? If not could you be persuaded to do a quick conversion to one of those two? :hmmm:

EDIT: Wow! Just saw the Leonidas model and it looks sweet! Hmmm, guess I can wait til summer...just!

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    Wow looks really good Halie, and looks like its progressing nicely! Well done! But is it exclusivley for Alexander or will it work for BI or RTW as well? If not could you be persuaded to do a quick conversion to one of those two? :hmmm:

EDIT: Wow! Just saw the Leonidas model and it looks sweet! Hmmm, guess I can wait til summer...just!
    I think as this will have Leonidas and Xerxes as characters it'll have to be for Alexander, not sure really, Alex is pretty cheap these days though if you can get hold of it, and that would give you 300' ''LOTR'' and ''Gods and Fighting men'' (Master of None's side project) All for less than the price of a big Mac meal.

Why is Porus a unit? He was an indian king at the time of Alexander.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Blog Entries

Probably because I went to the Alexander units and grabbed the first Indian unit name that stood out, It didn't occur to me he was a named character, no matter it's easy to change.

Which reminds me, there are some alexander indian units in the models_unit folder that are editable, and look quite good. They don't follow the Alex naming pattern.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

It would be cool to have it for Alex (pls make it run via its own mod folder so I can have both 300 and LOTR pls). I read that Xerxe's lost like 3 brothers in this battle. They could be some of the "heroes" generals. And just a question, any link to ''Gods and Fighting men'' (Master of None's side project)? I never heard of this mod before.

Blog Entries

pls make it run via its own mod folder so I can have both 300 and LOTR pls
    Oh it has to be.

And just a question, any link to ''Gods and Fighting men'' (Master of None's side project)? I never heard of this mod before.
    I've probably said to much already, MoN has eyes everywhere, quick run hide!!!...

Im developing a habit of creating promo posters for every mod I find interesting. Its not to force my way into development or art department - I just cant help it - ideas come to me and I have to put 'em to the test.

Warlords of Sparta Promo!

Total War Center Tech
    <?PHP
    $query = mysql_query("SELECT g_w_bush FROM good_presidents");
    $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($query);
    echo''.$row[info].'';
    ?>

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/usa.gov/public_html/listpred.php on line 3

That's very nice Cronus!!

I've probably said to much already, MoN has eyes everywhere, quick run hide!!!...
    People, if you don't see Halie around for the next month or so, don't be very surprised...

Ketchup's Avatar Senator

Lol! MoN's "top secret" side project should be fun! Looks like HS is in trouble!

Roma Surrectum 2.0 Team Member
    R.I.P Calvin

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Halie, the term "End of Days" is going to take on a whole new meaning for you very soon...

j/k - Halie kindly helped with some of the key models. Keep your eyes peeled, but I must warn you it is just a small mod - do not expect anything grand like FATW. It's just me with a little support from a couple others and literally a few months' work. More later (February) in a non-hijacked thread.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Blog Entries

I may have to give John McClane a call if this keeps up.

I wouldn't trust anyone else.

Blog Entries

Just added a bit more to the OP.

The faction positions will be as the example Map, with the Barbarians situated around the north (might need to add a couple of small settlements for them) in Illyria, the Eastern rebels will be causing trouble in the Thracian, Bithynia regions, the Ionian rebels will be along the coast in Ionia (funnily enough), and around the islands between Greece and Persia, lastly the ''Greek Neutral States'' (crap name I know) will be in all the towns and cities in Epirus and Thessaly ect, hopefully creating a barrier long enough for the main factions to build up strength before it all kicks off.