Page 88 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38637879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1945

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

I was sure the French still had Lancers. But strangely, I can't find neither them nor Gendarmes in EDB. Most probably, I'm confusing 4.3 with 4.2...

Quote Originally Posted by Henry of Grosmont View Post
    I was sure the French still had Lancers. But strangely, I can't find neither them nor Gendarmes in EDB. Most probably, I'm confusing 4.3 with 4.2...
    Idk about 4.2 but 4.3 removes them... sadly

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Has the irish/scot and welsh/english accent bug thing been fixed or can some tell me how to fix it

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Mc View Post
    Has the irish/scot and welsh/english accent bug thing been fixed or can some tell me how to fix it
    This is not a bug! This was a decision made by the Creative Assembly to not add extra voices for those factions. Since KGCM only combines elements from all the existing campaigns in Kingdoms, is does not add any new features such as new units, voices, factions etc..
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry I wasnt aware its been a while since i played vanilla

It's a great mod. I think the hotseat is great and it's everything I could want. Keep up the good work. This was my first mod for a total war game and It's got me hooked on modding them myself.

I remember a hotseat game with my brother, where I played as Poland and he played as Kingdom of Jerusalem. It was brilliant, as we ended up both controlling half the world each congratulations on the mod, I love it.

Why don't any spear units have a bonus vs cavalry!!

I mean, I gather it's part of the BAI or something but AUGH!! Here I'm thinking my Hospitaller Sergeants have my flanks covered against the Turks and then POW their heavy cav flies in and kills everything! wtf! Not that I don't like the game being more challenging but good grief, I didn't expect that at all. Will it screw up the AI at all if I restore the spear bonus to spearmen?
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Why don't any spear units have a bonus vs cavalry!!
    I do not know and have not looked into this yet, but it must have been done for play balance and/or AI behavior and probably only Dave knows the exact reasoning behind it.

This is a really good mod. anyway is there any mod out there that uses the same skin as vanilla? SS is kinda too much.

I've noticed in a lot of screen shots some people have as many as 300 units per army, is this an easy change of one of the scripts or is there a download around for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticKnight View Post
    I've noticed in a lot of screen shots some people have as many as 300 units per army, is this an easy change of one of the scripts or is there a download around for this?
    This is a fairly simple change...Go to the EDU and find this line for the unit(s) you want to change;

soldier Teutonic_Knights, 32, 0, 1

The second value (Teutonic_Knights, 32, 0, 1) is the number of men in the unit. This is affected by your size settings. The smallest possible is 4, while the largest is 100. IIRC the huge setting ,in the game settings, multiplies this number by 2.5...

Quote Originally Posted by BuRnFaInt View Post
    This is a really good mod. anyway is there any mod out there that uses the same skin as vanilla? SS is kinda too much.
    This mod uses nothing but vanilla stuff for everything except the AI...basically this mod is just most all the factions, units and characters from all the kindoms games added to the grand campaign...

Okay so i redownloaded and reinstalled KGCM but for some reason their's no launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by BuRnFaInt View Post
    Okay so i redownloaded and reinstalled KGCM but for some reason their's no launcher?
    Do you mean that there is no desktop shortcut?
    If yes then create one from the C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\medieval2_kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod.bat file.

Old Geezer's Avatar Senator

What is Surgeon in post 1748 talking about? The file says hospitaller sergeants have the same 8 bonus as pikemen. I just finished a game as Antioch and they seemed as effective as any spearmen ever are, but I never got flanked and I don't think ever even had a good charge on them by heavy cavalry. Against Highland Pikemen heavy cavalry just dies faster if it charges frontally - it does better when just walks up - they inflict more casualties on the pike men and they last lots longer.

I'd like to know too, lol. Is this some sort of balance/AI tweak in KGCM 4.3 or a fluke? None of the anti-cavalry units in my EDU had any damage bonus vs. cavalry at all, including pikemen and units with light_spear. Spearmen were nearly worthless and AI cavalry armies were nigh unstoppable.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
    What is Surgeon in post 1748 talking about? The file says hospitaller sergeants have the same 8 bonus as pikemen. I just finished a game as Antioch and they seemed as effective as any spearmen ever are, but I never got flanked and I don't think ever even had a good charge on them by heavy cavalry. Against Highland Pikemen heavy cavalry just dies faster if it charges frontally - it does better when just walks up - they inflict more casualties on the pike men and they last lots longer.
    I'd like to know too, lol. Is this some sort of balance/AI tweak in KGCM 4.3 or a fluke? None of the anti-cavalry units in my EDU had any damage bonus vs. cavalry at all, including pikemen and units with light_spear. Spearmen were nearly worthless and AI cavalry armies were nigh unstoppable.
    I believe he is referring to the 'mount_effect' bonus vs. different non-human units.
    Code:

; mount_effect Factors to add when in combat against enemy units that have the specified mounts
    ; Up to three factors may be specified, which may be classes of mount, or specific types
    Here is an example of a unit that gets a bonus when fighting horses:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    type             Tuareg Camel Spearmens
    dictionary       Tuareg_Camel_Spearmens      ; Tuareg Camel Spearmen
    category         cavalry
    class            heavy
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_cavalry
    banner holy      crusade_cavalry
    soldier          Tuareg_Camel_Spearmens, 32, 0, 1
    mount            camel
    mount_effect     elephant -4, horse +2

I can only speculate that this was intentionally left off the spear units by Dave for play balance purposes.
    Last edited by Stylix; February 29, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

Hmm, well I didn't know spear units normally have a 'mount_effect' bonus, but in this case what was missing in my EDU was the 'spear_bonus_8' attribute in the 'stat_pri_attr' line. They still had the 'spear' attribute which lets them resist cavalry charges and gives them a penalty vs. infantry, so I was confused about whether it was intentionally removed as part of the AI or whether it's some weird glitch on my end.

Hmm, well I didn't know spear units normally have a 'mount_effect' bonus, but in this case what was missing in my EDU was the 'spear_bonus_8' attribute in the 'stat_pri_attr' line. They still had the 'spear' attribute which lets them resist cavalry charges and gives them a penalty vs. infantry, so I was confused about whether it was intentionally removed as part of the AI or whether it's some weird glitch on my end.
    This is not present in my EDU, 'spear_bonus_8', nor is it present in another popular mod that I have installed. Would have to research this further to even begin to understand if it is a 'relic' from days long gone.

May have to search the modding forum for an answer.
    Edit: Found this in the modding workshop:
    Spear, spear_bonus_X
    Some discussion about spear combat, I am sure that there is much more, just search the modding workshop and I am thinking that this has been researched and tested and this is why the 'spear_bonus_x' has been removed:
    'spear', 'light_spear' and damage types - what you should know.
    Even more information:
    Spear_bonus and bonus against horses/camels etc.
    One last quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles
    Also to make cavalry somewhat effective in a melee you will want to reduce the spearmen attribute "spear_bonus_8" to "spear_bonus_4"
    or just delete the bonus altogether.
    Last edited by Stylix; February 29, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

so I just noticed that the Aztecs has no boat or ship compared to 4.2. can anybody help me putting ships for the Aztecs?