Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

@Rodrigo,

Thanks again for your help, and great work on this. I will check your changes and then add this to the next update.

Btw about adding red brick castles to the stratmap, I am afraid I'm having no luck in getting these to work on the battlemap for hre, poland, denmark and russia. They appear fine on the strat map but its kinda silly adding them if they look like nothern castles in the battle map. Anyway I'd just like to say that you and Blackader have been a great help to me in the development this mod. Feel free to add anymore suggestions you want

best
    Dave

Two suggestions for the last patch:

1) Antioch is in all my campaigns very early a super-power, from Anatolia to Bagdad, even if they are no crusades against the Turks or the Egyptians. Could be possible to make the Turks a little bit stronger for more challenging middle east, with more troops at the beginning or more money at the start?

2)Thanks to your mod, AI make good armies and defend his positions. But a consequence is the Mongol invasion is not so terrific as it use to be in vanilla. Could be possible to make more armies to the invasion, or to make a second invasion, few years later the first near sarkel, against Bagdad?

2dave scarface

Mea culpa...
    They appear fine on the strat map but its kinda silly adding them if they look like nothern castles in the battle map.
    I was speaking onlu about changing how they look on a STRAT map!
    Not battle map!

But speaking about adding them to battle map, there would be a lot of problems especially in editing 3d model of the place, where it will be placed... I've seen somewhere tutorial, but it was rather difficult for understanding and making...

Here is link to this tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91758

P.S. something wrong - I can't edit previous post or add any tag/smile by clicking...

I was speaking onlu about changing how they look on a STRAT map!
    Not battle map!
    I know, but I was just saying anyway.. if I cannot make them red brick castles also on the battlemap, then this is pointless because they are not really red brick castles.. Do you see what I mean? And since you can make them red brick castles yourself on the strat map so easily, why would this upset you?

Dave

Update

Added the mamluk uprising event to occur at about 60 turns. I also made Cairo a large city with ballista towers and many garrisons have been added or tweaked. Also the years between each mongol invasion wave is halved and another full stack added into the mix as well.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 28, 2008 at 03:09 PM.

I have just downloaded this mod and it looks and plays very well.The only thing i like that is missing is the fire from archers and seige equipment.Is there some way to put that back in?I also noticed that you plan to add the americas campiagn to this mod.Hope you make the natives worth fighting.They are kinda weak in the vanilla campaign. What AI are you using in this mod?It stacks well.I have this loaded now, Kingdoms_Grand_Campaign_MI.exe,Do i need anything else?I have DLV,CAE and Stainless Steel mods loaded also.Will they interfear with this mod?I do not see any problems yet,but i just started.I did not even know TW forums even existed.What a great site to make a game better.I typed in Total war downloads and ended up on this site and saw many new mods to try.Even rome totalwar mods.This forum is great.
    Last edited by razor1955; January 29, 2008 at 01:29 AM.

I have just downloaded this mod and it looks and plays very well.The only thing i like that is missing is the fire from archers and seige equipment.Is there some way to put that back in?
    There sure is, I just added the answer to this question in the FAQ thread because quite a few people have asked me this now.

I also noticed that you plan to add the americas campiagn to this mod.Hope you make the natives worth fighting.They are kinda weak in the vanilla campaign.
    The americas update is only a small update which adds a few more regions to the americas, gives them the new building tree from Kingdoms, and makes the Aztecs a playable faction. I wont be adding in any new factions or anythink like that.

What AI are you using in this mod?It stacks well.
    Yes it does attack very well, Lusteds campaign and battle AI has just won the award for being the best in the community.

I have this loaded now, Kingdoms_Grand_Campaign_MI.exe,Do i need anything else? I have DLV,CAE and Stainless Steel mods loaded also.Will they interfear with this mod?I do not see any problems yet,but i just started.
    Did you download the patch as well? And no, as long as your other mods are installed properly and don't cause any issues this will not effect my Kingdoms Grand campaign Mod.

I hope that answers all of your questions and good luck with my mod. I will be releasing 1 more update in a few days. So make sure you check back here for the final update!

best
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 29, 2008 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    There sure is, I just added the answer to this question in the FAQ thread because quite a few people have asked me this now.

The americas update is only a small update which adds a few more regions to the americas, gives them the new building tree from Kingdoms, and makes the Aztecs a playable faction. I wont be adding in any new factions or anythink like that.

Yes it does attack very well, Lusteds campaign and battle AI has just won the award for being the best in the community.

Did you download the patch as well? And no, as long as your other mods are installed properly and don't cause any issues this will not effect my Kingdoms Grand campaign Mod.

I hope that answers all of your questions and good luck with my mod. I will be releasing 1 more update in a few days. So make sure you check back here for the final update!

best
    Dave
    Pretty well sums it up.Thanks for the quick response.No for the patch you mentioned at the time of this post but i believe i have found it so i will add it now:Kingdoms_Grand_Campaign_Mh: Would this be the patch?
    Last edited by razor1955; January 29, 2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Adding

Wow it's almost unbelievable how fast the enemy stacks up when you enter their land.I had to retreat back across my border fast.Definately have to build a strong army before i go in to attack.The scotts are at war with me and sent in a half army but did not attack me.Then they left.So i sent in a 2/3 stack to see what the near by scottish fortress was like and all of a sudden i had almost 3 stacks of scottish troops on me.Had no choice but to run.This is going to be a tough campaign.I'am not sure i'll be able to when this in the turns alotted.
    Last edited by razor1955; January 29, 2008 at 09:58 PM.

Pretty well sums it up.Thanks for the quick response.No for the patch you mentioned at the time of this post but i believe i have found it so i will add it now:Kingdoms_Grand_Campaign_Mh: Would this be the patch?
    Yeah thats the patch, all my download threads have a smiley face by them so you can see them easier.

Dave

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

i have problem why i around the wall the display tell me that they only have around about 120-240 men but when i att this castle i face about three more times about 800 enemy
    it is strange why i have it wrong in display in the flag in campain map???
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

After listening to some of you fans, I decided to take another look at all the regions on my map. Overall I am very satisfied with most regions on my map. However I have to agree that some more regions were needed around the Baltic. So here is what I have changed now.

from this

to this

There is one more region that I felt was missing from the Holy Land as well.
    before

and after

This is the last 2 regions added to my Kingdoms Grand campaign Mod. I don't think it is necassary to slow the game down by adding any more.

all the best
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 30, 2008 at 08:15 AM.

perfect work we are after you
    really want to see your next patch come out

i have problem why i around the wall the display tell me that they only have around about 120-240 men but when i att this castle i face about three more times about 800 enemy
    it is strange why i have it wrong in display in the flag in campain map???
    That is the garrison script firing, only faction capitals get this atm. But I am extending its use to a few more important settlements in the coming update.

Dave

perfect work we are after you
    really want to see your next patch come out
    Thanks, I could release this today but I'm not going to. I will play it and make you all wait a bit longer Nah, I need to make sure everythink that is changed is working 100%. I would also like further feedback from some of you about the proposed changes I will make before I release this. Yes there is still time for people to have their say.

Dave

oh now i know
    before hear you i just think that my spy not work good
    i see that 1 time when my scot army att London this suprise me so much
    when i att Cairo(play KOJ) i didn't care about how many enemy because i force them open the gate and fight back me
    but could you make the garrision not this much this is impossible if i bring with me only about 500men to face this much army sudden appear

Cairo is also now a large city from the start with ballista towers to defend its walls. The garrison at Cairo only gives 10 units, I decided to not make it any more than that. So you will need to try and recruit mercenaries in and around the area if you do not have enough men to take it. Or you could simply turn back and run home in an attempt to escape from the mamluks

Dave

Dave thank to your mod but i just check may faction so i can't complete any campain
    but what happen with the mamluks if i defeat Egypt before them arrive?

Dave thank to your mod but i just check may faction so i can't complete any campain
    but what happen with the mamluks if i defeat Egypt before them arrive?
    If you find my mod is a little to difficult now I suggest playing on a lower campaign difficulty setting. Since Lusted's campaign AI is less agressive on lower settings. About the mamluk uprising event, there is a check in the script to see if Egypt have been destroyed or not. If they have then Baybars and his slave army will never spawn.

Dave