Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

Default Re: Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod Feedback

flaming missiles

Excellent mod! Just one question, Dave. I really like the flaming missiles of the archers and Catapult, Could you tell me how to get them back?

Many thanks! I really appreciate that.

Hi gordon_y66

If you have the Kingdoms crusades campaign unpacked copy the descr_projectile.txt from that data folder into my mods data folder. That will overwrite changes I made in my patch and you will then be back playing it as it was in Kingdoms.

Dave

Default Re: downloads

I would love to try your mod. Downloaded the final patch with no probs - but the filefront download of the actual mod refuses to go faster than 6 or 7 (despite my end wanting to kick it at 48). This means the mod will take 24 HOURS.
    There has to be a faster way. I have tried several times at filefront and the bps drops away drastically.
    What happened to the download on this forum?

The map is excellent and the game generally good balanced. But in 1180 England had in reality Rennes, Angers and Bordeaux near the Normandy and England itself. And in my campaigns England is always crushed by the Scotts. What about give one province or two more to England at the beginning, in order to make her stronger?

@blow56,

My apologies, about adding my file to TWC I was told that I could do this. Like I said in the FAQ a moderator told me the size of my mod wouldn't be a problem. However after spending hours and hours trying to upload it (most of the day infact) each time it finished uploading the file would not show up after. So I was told bad information.. Sadly I can find no where else to upload this large file yet.

@Blackader,

I know all the map regions are not historically accurate for each faction in my mod. But I have to balance the starting positions, if I was to give Rennes, Angers and Bordeaux to England they would start off far far too strong and their campaign would be no challenge at all. ATM the England campaign is a great challenge, I've played it myself. Yes England doesn't seem to do well against Scotland under AI control, I know. But I'm more concerned with what the campaigns like for the human playing England not the AI. However what I could do is make both Gloucester and Exeter built up more as large towns instead of towns. That would make a difference to units available at the start.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 10, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

You're right, but isn't the campaign too easy for France in this case, with a powerfull Scotland and a large territory (10 regions, against 6 for England)?

Well England start off at war with France and Scotland so I guess that does make it tough on them.

Your twisting my arm here so I'm gonna give England Rennes to even up the score a little eh?

thanks again for your feedback!

Dave

Or Bordeaux and Angers... It's historical righter, but moreover, it's cut France in 2, but forces England to choose carefully her priorities: defending the all or forgive Bordeaux to take Rennes to control the Channel?

Hmm.. the thing is you are forgetting France has a lot of neighbours. I don't want to give up much more land for the French as I like them as the major power in central europe. Also England has lots of rebel regions to capture in Wales and Ireland, somethink France doesn't have. France is a great faction and I hate to see them get overpowered and defeated before the mid campaign, sorry.

You are welcome to change this mod for yourself of course if you want.
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 10, 2008 at 05:49 PM.

No, you're right, I'm not expert in balance of forces, I didn't think at the rebels near England.

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Okay, here is what I decided to change to the map. I considered giving England Angers as well and adding another region in for the french. But in the end I thought nah, if England start off with 2 castles in northern France it might make things start off to easy. Playing England you will have to take Angers by force, you are not having it so easy Also Gloucester is now a large town and a better settlement. I gave Narbonne to France so they still start with 10 regions as well. And I also made the rebels in Ireland a bit better garrisoned, so expect to meet tougher resistance over there. Here is a screenie of what it looks like now below.

I hope you like it and I welcome anymore suggestions.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; January 11, 2008 at 06:27 AM.

Good idea... i'm agree... I have not tested the french, I don't know if it is easy to play, but for England it seems to be now perfect.
    I wait now with impatience the final version!

What about adding new uniq models of merchant, priest, kings, generals etc. to strategy map from Kingdoms Campaign?
    Also all cities and castles in the final version are similar. I think it's not good. Every faction should have appropriate strategy map' model of city/castle...

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

d
    Last edited by OSDEA7; January 27, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

What about adding new uniq models of merchant, priest, kings, generals etc. to strategy map from Kingdoms Campaign?
    I am not quite sure what you mean about adding new models for merchants, priests, kings, generals? They look the same to me in Kingdoms apart from the new spanish models from the americas ofc. But why would I want to add indian looking spies for the spanish into the grand campaign? These models were built for the americas and don't fit into a much earlier campaign, sorry. Also new kings models and heirs on the strat map have been in my mod for months now.

Also all cities and castles in the final version are similar. I think it's not good. Every faction should have appropriate strategy map' model of city/castle...
    Im not sure you can mod cities/castles so that they look different to one another on the strat map. You can only have different models for NE, and ME factions on the map, thats it. In the patch I added the new castle model to the strat map for NE factions. Ive already added a lot of eye candy from Kingdoms to my mod. And you are asking for more things that I simply cannot deliver.

Dave

I think for my part that the campaign map and the character look exactly the same as kingdoms, and it is good.

I am not quite sure what you mean about adding new models for merchants, priests, kings, generals? They look the same to me in Kingdoms apart from the new spanish models from the americas ofc
    Well there is a small illustration in attach.
    I tried to show how could Spanish generals, F_heirs, kings, priests (only in this level), diplomats look like...
    Also there's shown that every culture have different strat model of city/castle...

Do you understand me?

Attachment removed
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 17, 2008 at 06:15 AM.

Ged's Avatar Miles

You're forgetting that the Americas campaign has Spanish conquistadors in it, so they're clothes would be different, but I doubt that the new models would make any sense for factions in the Grand Campaign.