Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

NVM

Are there going to be anymore updates to the CAI and BAI or is Lusted done now?

Icon7 Lusteds pls update for vanilla

yea any update progress for BAI and CAI .... inform us lusted pls
    (I think you did for SS6.1 Do you have any plan for vanilla... i am using retrofit )
    Last edited by TheBlindKing; July 25, 2008 at 04:33 AM.

can it be used in BC?

How do I install this mod?

I downloaded this mod a couple days ago, and I THINK it is working. Is there anyway to be sure that it is? I'm pretty sure I did everything as posted. :hmmm: Another thing, although I'm not sure if this has been answered; does this mod work with the Retrofit Mod 1.0 and the Grand Unit add on mods?
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!
    -Dominion of the Sword: Promotional, Traits, Admin Assistant, and Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Yes they will if you set it up to use the files with the file first command or mod folder.
    What do u mean "file first" command?
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X
    Like my comments, like me, like what I do?! If so, rep me and leave your name so I can rep you back!

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

If I want to use battle AI with any of the kingdoms campaigns do I have to add io.filefirst to the shortcut to the campaign or just paste it to particular mod data folder? I have already installed Crimson Tide v.4 and it works without any adjustments to the shortcut, but to my knowledge Crimson Tide doesn't overwrite any files of the packed campaign content while Lusted's Battle AI does overwrite original, packed files. So, when I paste the files to /data folder of let's say Britania Campaign, will the shortcut ignore packed AI files and use Lusted's ones instead? Or do I have to add --io.filefirst to the Britannia Campaign shortcut aswell?
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Thats right, just add the files to the respective data folder and add --io.filefirst to the target command. But I still wanna know how to do it on retrofit; is it the same?
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by OdinX View Post
    Thats right, just add the files to the respective data folder and add --io.filefirst to the target command. But I still wanna know how to do it on retrofit; is it the same?
    Retrofit works just like any other campaign, so yes. (difference is that it has already created batch file so you don't have to edit it in any way - just paste the files to retrofit/data).
    Last edited by Achilla; August 05, 2008 at 03:09 AM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

ok, thanks achilla.
    DKnIgHT, ODiN_X

Can anybody say me why Ai pay much money for cease fire even in the beginning of war???
    Last edited by nochy; August 17, 2008 at 03:28 PM.

Laetus

Sir, can we install BBB with this? As I heard from the testimonies, your AI is one of the best out there, and BBB is a nice factor in improving the roleplay element of the game. So is the AIs compatible with BBB? Thanks.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Some info if you mod yet.

Your battle AI doesn't work well for horse archers. The pursuers catch the fleeing HA units about at 75% chance because the HAs start to flee too late. In vanilla they work properly the chance is about 10%. If you or anybody knows how to edit this part please let me know.
    The other parts of your Battle AI are OK for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Depends if you are using just with Medieval II Total War or with a mod.

If you are using it with just Medieval II Total War, place the files in the Medieval II - Total War\data folder, and then right click your Medieval II Total War shortcut on your desktop, go to properties and change the target line so it looks like this(the drive may vary on your shortcut):

"C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Medieval2.exe" --io.file_first

Then simply run the game using the desktop shortcut any you'll be playing Medieval II with my AI mod. Also make sure you make the changes to descr_strat.txt(located in Medieval II - Total War\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign)
    What if you have Kingdoms, which is like a mod?
    Do you still do the above?

I'm a noob in modding.
    To install this in retrofit mod, do I only have to copy the files to the data folder?

Thanks

Please ignore my previous post...I hadn't notice that there were 5 pages of replies...

Hi again,
    What is the easiest way to verify that it is actually working? So that I don't play a full campaign before finding out that I didn't install it correctly...

Example: If you run a battle like this, you will see that and that happening which didn't happen with the original AI.

Thanks
    Last edited by erebrus; November 05, 2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Missing information

Maharaja's Avatar Laetus

Hi,

I can't find some of the files that this Mod replaces to run. What should I do?

Lusted, recently I tried to add your AI to a personal mod of mine (Using a mod switch) to Medieval II 1.3, Kingdoms not installed. However, this caused my mod to crash whenever I accept my faction choice in the Grand Campaign and click 'Start Game'. Should I have Kingdoms installed? Any ideas on what's wrong?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast