Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Lusteds Battle AI and Campaign AI

dave, this is not the updated files that I posted in the SS forum, I'll be updating these files once I've finished my work on updating my AI.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Hi Lusted, are you woking on upgraded version of your CAI? Will we be able to apply it in LTC gold and any M2TW mod?

Are you making the factions less passive and more backstab prone ?
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

yup, yup, yup and yup.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    yup, yup, yup and yup.
    ta, ta, ta, ta
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Default Lightning fast attacks!

Lusted I just wanted to say thank you again for making an UNBELIEVABLE CAI! I am still using the previous version of your CAI in my mod. Because I am going to wait until you finish work on the new version before I use that one. But the old one is working great ATM. I was stunned playing my mod tonight when Denmark suddenly launched a lightning attack against me and declared war.

While at war with Lithuania I was suddenly attacked by Denmark. One on land and another stack by boat. The defenders of Kalmar had no chance.

1 turn later the full stack got back in the boat and landed at Visby!!! I haven't even had a chance to get my reinforcements ready I am amazed!

best wishes
    Dave

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    Hi Lusted, are you woking on upgraded version of your CAI? Will we be able to apply it in LTC gold and any M2TW mod?

Are you making the factions less passive and more backstab prone ?

By backstab prone, you mean they will respect alliances less? I hope not!
    Can we see some action from the rebels by the way? At the time, they're just hunging out waiting. Ver, very rarely, they attack a city. And by rarely I mean I have seen it twice in the three months or so that I play LTC.

Ok, I haven't been playing M2Tw for a while now so I kinda need some help. Where do I exactly copy these files to make them work with both M2Tw and Kingdoms(the campaigns)? And is there any other command I need to write anywhere to make them work?

I really need some help guys. Should I just copy the files into "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\british_isles\data\" or do I need to do anything else?

Does the improved AI, when beseiging a settelment and when it has artillery attack on the first turn? If not is there any way of making it do so?
    I don't see the point of a beseiging army building ladders and rams when it has bombards etc. Why would an enemy allow its opponent to sally out and cause casualties when it can attack and conquer straight away?

Quote Originally Posted by feasibly pleaseable View Post
    Lastly, I right-clicked on the Total War 2 shortcut on the desktop, and changed the path displayed in the "target" field from blah\blah\blah\Launcher.exe (or whatever it is originally) to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Medieval2.exe" --io.file_first.
    So all I have to do in there is to add the --io.file_first at the end of my F:\plaaplaa\Total_War_M2\medieval2.exe? So then it's like F:\plaaplaa\Total_War_M2\medieval2.exe--io.file_first? But when I do that it's whining about the path not being correct and it's not valid. So what am I doing wrong?

Also, does the AI come to your old, already excisting campaigns?

And yeah, I did unzip the stuff into my data folder and I'm playing the original TW M2
    Last edited by Noob-Dogg; June 18, 2008 at 07:38 AM.

So all I have to do in there is to add the --io.file_first at the end of my F:\plaaplaa\Total_War_M2\medieval2.exe? So then it's like F:\plaaplaa\Total_War_M2\medieval2.exe--io.file_first? But when I do that it's whining about the path not being correct and it's not valid. So what am I doing wrong?
    You need to have a space between .exe and --io.file_first

Also, does the AI come to your old, already excisting campaigns?
    Yes
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    You need to have a space between .exe and --io.file_first

Yes
    Aah, thank you!

* Lusted
    Is there a way to make the AI attack straight away when they are beseiging a settlement and have atillery with their army?
    Instead of wasting a turn building ladders etc.

No there is not.
    Creator of:

Damn, was really wishing for this as a possibility. I'll take your word for it though. Cheers for reply!

That was a good question though.I have always wanted the AI to assault right away when they have cannon or seige equipment.But i end up using a trick to draw them in closer to the walls so my archers can thin them down instead.I place a few units,spearmen and archers just outside the gates and antagonize them into moving forward on attack mode.Then my archers on the walls pummel them.It works.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; June 21, 2008 at 10:34 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Just wanting to ask how the work on the CAI goes Lusted. The one from LTC:Gold is working fine BTW but I'm sure you can find something to improve.

For instance I would like to see alliances at the start of the game to become more difficult.

Is this the Battle AI used in SS 6.1 ?

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin Savoye View Post
    Is this the Battle AI used in SS 6.1 ?
    Yes, the battle and campaign AI is in SS 6.1

Ok thank you! Couldn't find it for sure...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast