View Poll Results: Mudpit getting worse?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's getting worse

31 79.49%
  • No it's getting better

0 0%
  • It's about the same as it's always been

8 20.51%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the Political Mudpit forum been ruined by extremists?

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Default Has the Political Mudpit forum been ruined by extremists?

I know this is a site related topic but I wanted intelligent replies and balanced opinions to the question, I fear a similar topic in suggestions forum would get hijacked and derailed so I would like to keep it hear for now.

If I was to review my posting habits over the last 4 months and was to plot them on a graph, I would imagine my posting in the Mudpit would be in a steady decline, and posting in the Total War and activities forums would be on the up. The reason for this is simply because the quality of posting has gone down and the nature of new topics are more extremist then they use to be. Below I have selected a few of the topics I had in mind,

Outcome of Reparations for American Slavery
    Has Israel stopped acting like Satan's hired muscle?
    Bush Nazi Connections Thread
    U.S. Constitution, a joke?

There are a few others that I could point out, but frankly I don’t want to advertise any more retarded threads.What grips me is that this is being caused by only a few posters, who are all relatively new to the site.

Default Re: Has the Political Mudpit forum been ruined by extremists?

It's getting worse, and I have already expressed my feelings on this matter. Conspiracy theorists, religious fundamentalists and blithering nationalists are the problems the forum is currently facing. Personally I feel it should be made clear that it is not a forum for conspiracy theories or youtube videos. I am fed up with people posting a video or when a beef-witted arse-hole posts some dribbling piece of nonsense he got off a blog.

Okay... today's pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Bin Laden will be dead when he's useless to his master(s). For now, he's doing what he does best, playing terror mastermind figure. While Bush is in power he's bound to live! Hey people, I must tell you the truth: Bush is not dumb as he seems! Remember he acted like he is chasing bin Laden early 2002 and bombed Tora Bora mountain and many many civilian houses? He had to do it to look like doin something. If Bush had killed bin Laden in 2001 he would lose his opportunity to invade Iraq so Bush misled the Marines to Afghan mountains to give bin Laden escape time! Weird friendship, isn't it? Bin Laden benefits Bush's BASE so Halliburton, KBR ETC are allowed to steal taxpayers' $ oh I mean war fund. WHY WOULD BUSH KILL HIS ADOPTED SON (bin Laden)? Without bin Laden, Bush couldn't pass his "Patriot Act" or whatever insane stuff we never heard of!
    Without bin Laden, Bush woudn't be able to pin down public attention to aimless chase that was orchestrated by the CIA (hunt for bin Laden), while Bush's aides and friends steal everything for themselves.
    Without bin Laden, Bush would't be elected 2nd term.
    Without bin Laden, Bush ...................
    Without bin Laden, Bush ...................

and so I can go on, you see the picture right?

Without bin Laden, Bush CAN NOT LIE!!

That's why bin Laden always escapes dangers and survives bunk busters and all kinds of extremely deadly weapons because he knew where the kill zone would be!! Guess who was that kind man told Laden the coordinates. It's BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!
    And Bush turns to American public and says "He's on the run, we'll get him" but he means "God damn, another day full of lies, I am a mother of all thieves!! F()K u, USA!"
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; December 31, 2007 at 04:47 AM.

It always gets worse, dies away and gets worse again. Just ride it out and have some fun on the way, maybe educate someone.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

It is getting worse.
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Worse. As I said in the Questions and Suggestions sub-forum, the Moderators need to respond more harshly to spam, flames, and trolls in the Mudpit. They need to be more hands on all together. It seems like the Moderators only intervene when a direct breach of ToS occurs, but they should be taking steps to defuse the situation beforehand. When someone does breach the ToS, at that, on a repeated basis, leniency should not even be considered.

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

The topics are a bit repetive in the pit.
    Last edited by Blau&Gruen; December 31, 2007 at 03:12 PM.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

its getting worse, also the favorite place for extremist people and also xenophobic people, in special against americans and jews ... a place wich should be for a polite debate,this is always full of personal attacks !!

maybe can be solved with iron fist moderators !!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

I only post there occasionally mainly because I dont wont to get into an argument with a bunch of extremists - the level of posting has dropped considerably in the last fews months.

I concentrate on other parts of the site so those who post there every day might have a different opinion.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

@Elrond, thats the best thing to do, because this people dont seek the truth, so arguments are useless for this people !!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Extremists are ruining the debate in the mudpit...

It has come to a level that arguments are like this it seems:

Bush is like Jesus vs. Bush is like Satan
    Everything is a conspiracy
    Everything in Iraq is perfect vs. Everything in Iraq is awful
    The US has done nothing wrong in Iraq vs. The US has done nothing right in Iraq
    The US is Heaven on Earth vs. The US is worse than Nazi Germany
    Russia is Heaven on Earth vs. Russia is worse than Nazi Germany
    All Muslims are good vs. All Muslims are evil
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

The moderators need to crack down in the 'Pit (and TD, for that matter), and crack down hard. The rank and file are doing a good job but the example needs to come from the top (which we haven't had for the last two months - giving us hope now that Seneca is replacing Tac). The senior mods and our new CoM need to lead by example, making it clear that habitual troublemakers won't last long in the 'Pit. Tac was a gentle soul and that was when he was even around, fostering a lax atmosphere in the site's messier forums. While that approach has its benefits, it also has led to quite a few complaints about Staff's low profile in those forums. I strongly encourage Seneca to tackle this issue now that he has the means to do so.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

I think it's been pretty much the same as when I first registered. Then again, that was a year ago.

Also, why the distrust of newcomers to this site? You once were a "newcomer," I once was, we all were.
    Last edited by The Good; December 31, 2007 at 07:23 PM.

aja5191's Avatar TWC Bearcat

I can't claim to know how it was in "the good old days", but I can say confidently that the quality of arguments has overall dropped in my 9 months here.

It must sound extremely cliché to say it, but its true.

What we need is a new Crandar to purge the mudpit of spam and flames!

What is worrying is that the suggestion sounds better each time you read it.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Quote Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
    What we need is a new Crandar to purge the mudpit of spam and flames!

What is worrying is that the suggestion sounds better each time you read it.
    Ready and willing! () although I suspect certain members would riot should I ever appear in green, red, or purple again.
    Son of Simetrical son of Crandar son of Siblesz
    Citizen, Patrician, 3rd Speaker of the House, former CoM

I IP banned 1/6 of Romania and all I got was this lousy sig.
    "A society that puts equality ahead of freedom will end up with neither."
    Manstein's Muscle Thread

No damn crack downs. Please, let's not go setting a forest on fire to kill some weeds.

Civitate

It's getting worse; but thankfully we have the Academy for serious political discussion. I only hope the moderators there will be more strict than in the Pit' - which now seems to be a spam forum of political theme.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Blau&Gruen View Post
    The topics are a bit repetive in the pit.
    You can say that again.

Another problem, as highlighted by Ataegina, is the over-activity of people with agendas. I actually don't have a major problem with that but over the past few months, the same people have been making the same sorts of posts/threads over and over again. Moreover, most of the posts and threads in question are based on vile generalizations and posters fail to provide any solid evidence for what they say, save for (surprise, surprise) links to some angry blogger's website.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast