Page 7 of 199 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

XGM has a custom roster for pretty much every faction except Pontus and Armenia. I would really recommend it, it is one of my favourite mods that I don't really play.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Merc mod,how to replenish mercenaries in RTW?

Siege artillery,exit & enter settlements anyway to allow?

Primicerius

Default Re: Changing factions mod for BI?

Quote Originally Posted by 12345abcd3 View Post
    hi, i remember reading somewhere that someone had made a mod for BI which allows you to switch factions halfway through a campaign (a bit like control_faction in Med2). I've searched the forums quite a bit but i couldn't find it so i decided to just ask here if anyone could give me a link to it or tell me that it doesn't actually exist and i must be crazy.

Thanks, 12345abcd3
    I beleive theres a console command (cheat) for that, just google it. The only side effect is you the faction you switch from's AI will be all screwed up.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Whats the difference between Chivalry: TW and Crusader: TW?
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

So ive been playing rtw for a while now. First mod i played was rtr and then i moved on to EB which is great.

Recently ive tried roma serrectum and really like the map and how they deal with the independants but it has the problem that it turns into a grindfest a bit to quikly for my taste.

So basically im searching for a mod that combines the the best of EB, good armies, decisive battles, etc with a map like roma serrectum and with how they deal with the independants.

i havent tried any rtr version since ages.

Sticky,

I downloaded 58 BC last evening. When I attempted to extract the three files using "7 Zip" I received an error message stating that the installer file was broken and could proceed no futher. Any ideas how I can remedy this situation?

Thanks,
    Grant

Default Looking for a mod that includes the Senate

Within the past 7 seven days I read something about a mod which 'reintroduced the Senate'. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm 99.99% positive that I was awake when I read it.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Looking for a mod that includes the Senate

Well, I don't really know about one of those apart from RTW Vanilla, because most mods just put all the Roman factions in one. But SPQR mod is based on the Senate, and has massive senatorial armies with a challenging AI. You might like it.

^Gr8^Xander's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by morteduzionism View Post
    Within the past 7 seven days I read something about a mod which 'reintroduced the Senate'. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm 99.99% positive that I was awake when I read it.
    Maybe the ''Custom mod'' for RTR PE?

Quote Originally Posted by ^Gr8^Xander View Post
    Maybe the ''Custom mod'' for RTR PE?
    BINGO!!!!

Have you played it? Are there Senate Missions? I'd love to do the Senate Missions with the Realism changes

Default A couple of newbie questions

Now, I've noticed that a lot of mods for RTW and MTW2 require the expansions, and I'm curious.

1. If I were to download a mod specific to the original games, then go out and buy the expansions, would I still be able to use those mods -and- any mods I mioght want for the expansions?

2. Slightly off-topic. I can run RTW comfortably at medium settings, although my PC is less than amazing. What are the chances of me running MTW2 without it being a choppy nightmare?

Quick EDIT:

Before I forget, I'm a tad overwhelemed with the number of mods up on the main site.. could someone direct me to proven working mods that a. add more factions and b. expand the map/remove the turn limit in regular RTW and MTW2? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Verranicus; February 10, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: A couple of newbie questions

Quote Originally Posted by Verranicus View Post
    Now, I've noticed that a lot of mods for RTW and MTW2 require the expansions, and I'm curious.

1. If I were to download a mod specific to the original games, then go out and buy the expansions, would I still be able to use those mods -and- any mods I mioght want for the expansions?

2. Slightly off-topic. I can run RTW comfortably at medium settings, although my PC is less than amazing. What are the chances of me running MTW2 without it being a choppy nightmare?

Quick EDIT:

Before I forget, I'm a tad overwhelemed with the number of mods up on the main site.. could someone direct me to proven working mods that a. add more factions and b. expand the map/remove the turn limit in regular RTW and MTW2? Thanks in advance!
    To 1.:Some mods dont change anything in your rtw folder, some do. Roma Surrectum for eg does and i am not sure whether you can install bi after u have installed RS. Many people are doing it that way:
    1. Install a clean version of rtw ( and bi)
    2. copy the whole folder and rename it for the mod they want to install
    -in my case there are an eb folder and ibfd folder besides the unmodded rtw folder. this way you have a clean rtw which u can copy as often as you want, but you need a lot of hdd space.

To 2.: U can run m2tw, but you should turn the unit size to medium or large. On huge you will see single pics when it comes to big battles.
    Ull also need to turn down bloom. All in all the units will look very ugly on low details, so try at least medium.

to ps:To add more factions is not possible because the number of faction slots is limited, but in the mods i named before the factions are completely reworked and dont use the ugly models of vanilla rome. Some mods like RS or SPQR have a really cool looking, very strong roman faction( the name tells it). Eb is historically accuarte and has a more complicated recruitment system. And there also some mods which dont change much pff the models, but a lot of the battlesystem.
    If you have or thinking of buying bi, there also some great mods.
    The best of them is ibfd and rios ibfd, but there is also a medieval mod for bi called chivalry:total war.
    Try the mods. All have some postitve and some negative aspects, but all in all most of them are worth to be played
    Here is the link where you can find the rtw mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214

and BI mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Militiades's Avatar Civis

Default Help me find this mod

Trying to look for a mod i used to have.
    I can remember that it had Corinthian Athenian and Of course Spartan Hoplites,and also a unit Called Athenian Marines they were archers i think.

(No it wasnt Hoplites 2.0)
    (if u cant think of it then im looking mods containing these kinds of units"
    http://www.4-leaftoys.com/13a.jpg )

Thx in advance!

Default Re: Help me find this mod

Was it Phyrric Victory? I had that mod, not sure if its on the forums any more. It should be, I'll have a look around. I remember it being quite good.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=568

Think thats it, mate

Militiades's Avatar Civis

Thx for the fast reply

1.Could be it after looking torugh the unit cards only .. see point 2
    2.Now i got CTD (shows the first screen the goes back to the desktop)maybey wrong patch? i got 1.5/1.6
    Last edited by Militiades; February 17, 2008 at 07:07 AM.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Militiades View Post
    I can remember that it had Corinthian Athenian and Of course Spartan Hoplites,and also a unit Called Athenian Marines they were archers i think.

Thx in advance!
    Im quite sure its roma surrectum u r talking about. There you have the described units as far as i know. But could also be SPQR total war since there are also spartans and other hoptlites.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

I think it's Roma Surrectum. I know there's definitely all sorts of hoplites in RS, but I've never seen one in any mod that looks exactly like that hoplite in your image.

For Phyrric Victory you'll need 1.2 I think mate, so fresh install, 1.2 patch, then the mod on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Militiades View Post

Thx in advance!
    XGM, extended Greek Mod, I use it and know those units a mile off.
    best mod for RTW by a mile and Ive tried them all
    "I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do. Whereas priests....... more drink?"

Primicerius

XGM does have both Spartan Hoplites and Athenian Marine Archers. It had Corinthian Hoplites until recently when they were re-named the Sacred Band. An older version had Athenian hoplites as well, I think. Could be something else though...