Page 58 of 199 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Sunday213's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: whats the best mod that has quicker, epic, fun gameplay

Lol make a mod where everyone has 0 Defence and 99 Attack for quick battles

Why? That sounds a bit daft to me, though it might be your piece of apple pie, I doubt it makes for fun battles.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

If you made the mod have 99 missile attack it would basicly be a modern:total war. Except bows and arrows are only used instead of guns

And it would be very ridiculous, but what the hell, do what you like. Shoot down epic walls with slingers, something like that.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Maximus_96's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

i read in one of the mods information threads that they cane recruit an entire legion in one turn, but i cant remember what mod that feture is for. does anybody know what mod it is?

I recently bought Empire and am already sick of the constant CTD's so I have decided to revisit Rome TW until Empire is properly patched. I have owned every TW game (just recently registered here), but didn't really start using the mods until M2TW.

I am very interested in a mod to change up the Rome vanilla game I played years ago, but don't want a fantasy mod. I downloaded the gold version, along with Alexander, from Steam and am looking at the RS and XGM mods. Can someone point out the key differences between the two and make some suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_96 View Post
    i read in one of the mods information threads that they cane recruit an entire legion in one turn, but i cant remember what mod that feture is for. does anybody know what mod it is?
    Sounds like 0-turn recruitment. With 0-turn recruitment, you can recruit units in the same way that you can retrain them, thus recruiting an entire army in one turn.
    The mod that I know uses it is Roma Surrectum, and with big cities you can definitely recruit a legion in one turn, though it might not be complete with just one city. Two cities can however, since you'll be able to recruit 18 units with them.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_96 View Post
    0 turn recruitment gets you 9 units per turn in every city. But, I think the mod you're thinking of is Res Gestae.

I don't know the specifics, but you can recruit a general unit in a city, and a full legion appears in/beside the city. Pretty cool feature.

Snizel's Avatar Semisalis

Default Recommended mod(s)

Hey, i haven't played rtw in years but recently re-installed it and want to try out some mods ive missed out on over the years. I used to play rome total realism 6.0 which i really enjoyed so any similar mods i guess I'd like.

So my question is which mod(s) offers the most enjoyment in your opinion. I had a quick look and notice one called roma seccrutum or something which looks really popular. If someone could fill me in about the latest mods that would be great thanks.
    I saw, I bought, I played

Primicerius

Roma Surrectum is a 0 turn recruitment mod focussed on Rome. Beautiful large map, lacking a little in faction rosters that aren't Roman, especially Greek ones, but the Roman campaign is wonderful.

If you like RTR 6, they've ported it to 1.5, in Rome:Total Realism Platinum Edition (RTRPE). I would recommend RTR - Extended Realism (find it in the RTR sub forums). Its a great add-on to the RTR campaign. Solves the Black Death too.

Europa Barbororum is an in depth historical mod, huge unit rosters, complex government system, and a monster download. Make sure you've got a decent graphics card and at least 2 GB of RAM (although I managed to make it work on 512 MB). I personally like it because its a slow campaign, good for turtle players.

Extended Greek Mod tries to stay close(ish) to vanilla while fleshing out unit rosters and providing a challenge. It converts the religion concept from BI to a culture mechanism, so slower expansion, and seperates barrack's trees to achieve the same effect (most mods do this now). Dont let the name fool you: its evolved from a greek focussed mod to an all-round mod: all faction roster's are redone or changed, apart from Rome (which does have new skins). Great mod.

Thanks Scutarii, XGM it is

Snizel's Avatar Semisalis

Yes thankyou Scutarii. very helpful. i'm tempted to go with rtr because i know its quality but might try something new. thx again
    I saw, I bought, I played

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Another vote for XGM. Roma Surrectum is epic and legendary, but I have a real issue with the fact that it doesn't come with it's own mod folder, so it overwrites the original game and isn't compatible with other mods.

If you want huge and epic battles, spending most your time fighting, then try SPQR, provides a real challenge to players. Wars literally decimate tens of thousands of troops on both sides. (not in a single battle of course, but taking 3-4 enemy AI settlements probably requires anywhere from 5-10 stacks, possibly more).

Honestly, Roma Surrectum provides the best balance in my opinion between detail to Empire building and focus on battles (EB and SPQR being the extremes on either end.)

But XGM is the little mod that can. Provides a huge amount of new units and adds incredible depth to the Hellenic factions, adds new settlements, and changes a lot of other things, all in a small download compared with other mods.
    Last edited by mrcrusty; April 12, 2009 at 08:26 PM.

What mods are modfoldered? Can someone make a list? I'm looking for a quick moving mod that gets you to Marian reforms pretty fast ( because I'm never going to make it in Europa Barborum)
    Sons of Queen Dido, Warriors of Libye (EB AAR)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237765

A Carthagian AAR about the life of a Libyan Phoenician soldier in the army of Carthage, giving his own account and personal opinions of the battles and conquests Carthage undertakes.

I just know the epicness will blow your minds!!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Check out the RTW Mod Quickfinder tables. It lists which of the mods are mod-foldered and which aren't.

Can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
    What mods are modfoldered? Can someone make a list? I'm looking for a quick moving mod that gets you to Marian reforms pretty fast ( because I'm never going to make it in Europa Barborum)
    Pretty much any mod other than EB has the vanilla requirements for the Marian reforms. That said, the mod with the highest growth rates (and therefore soonest reforms) is Roma Surrectum with the 0 turn option. You can get the Marian reforms insanely early with RS. XGM can get it fairly early as well if you don't recruit much in Capua and focus on growth buildings. RTR's growth rates are quite slow.

Hi guys, I'm looking for something which has:
    -New unit rosters
    -New unit graphics
    -Doesn't remove any faction (I've seen mods remove the Brits)
    -AI battle formations
    -Diff. tactics for diff. factions (skirmish, hammer and anvil etc.)

Optional
    -united rome
    -baktria and epirus

I've only so far tried modfoldered mods except for RTR 1.9

Primicerius

The only mod I know of that fits all of those parameters (ie: has britons + rest and has a unified Rome) is RTR - Extended Realism. It fits all of those requirements. Based off of RTRPE 1.9 (but it doesn't need RTRPE to d/l) it uses BI, has higher upkeep to prevent stack spam, has the Britons, Galatians and Epirus as independant factions, + a load of stuff done to the Roman faction and the Italic AOR. Pretty cool.

It seems that Galatians and Britons are using roman banners, flags, and the faction sign when selecting campaign. Anyway I can change those?

Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I prefer Chivalry:TW but Rome Medieval is Still Good aswell. Those are the only two ones out i think???