Page 56 of 199 FirstFirst ... 63146474849505152535455565758596061626364656681106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

My bad, I totally thought you meant BC. IB is great for that. It's one of the best mods that depicts the era, though it isn't completely what you want, like Scutarii said.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Thank you both for your help ! perhaps i'll have to teach myself modding and create one ,if i knew where to even start ,got the history bit ,then theres mapping ,units ,might be fun

What's a good mod that requires actual tactics to win battles, and better AI? In vanilla it's just too easy to use brute force to gain a win, so much so it has almost gotten boring.

Plenty of times a city of mine has been laid to siege, only for the attacker to turn away two turns later, even though they would have won if they attacked.

Darth Mod.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

hi. i need a mod for rome total war. i have played rome total realism a while back and i loved it, espiecially the new skins, nut was abit gutted that they took some of the unrealistic units out (some of the siege engines, elephants etc).

Basically I want a mod that adds the most new units, and hopefully enlarges the map.

any ideas?

Amazon Total War perhaps? Extended Greek Mod is also possible.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by zemzero View Post
    What's a good mod that requires actual tactics to win battles, and better AI? In vanilla it's just too easy to use brute force to gain a win, so much so it has almost gotten boring.

Plenty of times a city of mine has been laid to siege, only for the attacker to turn away two turns later, even though they would have won if they attacked.
    SPQR is the ideal mod for you (of course i'm biased)

Primicerius

XGM sounds good for you... (I'm biased too. )

Hey, I am looking for a good mod for rome, something similar to stainless steel for medieval. Please don't use abbreviations because I have no idea what they mean.
    Sophisticated dragon

Primicerius

Well, XGM (Extended Greek Mod) has a vanilla based roster, with lots of new additions, a bigger map (much bigger), and loads of other stuff. Sound like SS? You can get the readme and download here.

I would like a historically accurate mod that is meant for Custom Battles/Multiplayer rather than campaign. And I want the units to be balanced. EB is more for campaign, Surrectum is not balanced, Realism takes too long for battles to end.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

SPQR is a great mod that offer's an intelligent AI, it lacks a little on historical acuaracy (though not by much) and it also has probably the best battle system of all the mods - if you like intense battles that can easierly last over an hour then this is the mod for you (i dare anyone to get a heroic victory in there first battle)

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Yeah, SPQR is great for the size and scope of its custom battles. However, it can't be used for multiplayer though, from what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    @htismaqe and primarch: Darthmod has a bigger map, I'm pretty sure. For MM, you need to get the version for 1.5, which can be found here. Have fun.
    Scutarii,
    Thanks, i love MM. Is there a version for BI??

Primicerius

Well, looking in the downloads section, it seems here is one that is somewhat incomplete, by Caki. Seems Rome is ridiculously OP though, but try it out if you want...

Spurius seems to have made one for BI (but his links are dead ), and I thought Vlad did as well...

EDIT: Well, Vlad made an M2 conversion for his mod... http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89116

Sorry, that's all I can find...

that is actually what i found to, i thought you might know another link for spurius...oh well. Anyone else??

Tell me between ROP and EB which is easier to install? (I have very little experience in Rome modding.
    Sophisticated dragon

Primicerius

EB is easy to install (just point the installer to the Rome-Total War folder), but a large download. Never installed ROP before... But as a major mod, it should have an installer (just point to rtw root folder).

Hi,

I really wanna play Medieval period but the M2TW is poo.

Which medieval mod for Rome is the best?

Primicerius

While, I would look at two personally: Rome Medieval, and Chivalry I Total War. Both are good, RM is being developed still, I think, while Chivalry is completed for the most part and Da Vinci has moved on to M2. Technically Crusader TW is you're era, but its dead and doesn't really have a complete release, although some of its units are used in chivalry TW. Pick either RM or Chivalry and try it out.