Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Icon4 Need...this...mod!!!!!!!!!!!

Is their a mod to unlock all factions for BI? If so I need it badly. And I need someone to help me unlock all the factions of RTW as well cause I forgot how to...
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

I would definitely check out the Extended Greek Mod(XGM) if I was you. Check it out in the RTW Hosted Mods Forum right here.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Default Re: Need...this...mod!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tom View Post
    Is their a mod to unlock all factions for BI? If so I need it badly.
    Try this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tom View Post
    And I need someone to help me unlock all the factions of RTW as well cause I forgot how to...
    This should help.

BTW... you're welcome.

hey im new here, i was wondering whats the most popular mod? also, which one is trying to be historically accurate? except europa barbarorum, i cant play that one on my pc

also i like playing as rome, greek and carthage so those three factions are extremely important
    Last edited by Mediteran; January 09, 2008 at 03:08 PM.

Default Which LOTR mod???

I have Rome and BI.

Right now which is better, The fourth age or LOTR-TW?

Or some other one that I haven't heard of?

Thanks

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Rome:Total Realism for, well realism, RS for Romans and XGM for Greeks and Carthage. Links in my sig.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Default Re: Which LOTR mod???

LOTR-TW is only for A:TW so FATW is what your looking for.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

SPQR For the real rome challenge.
    EB for reaslism
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Yep,FA:TW would be the best choice for an RTW:LOTR mod .

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

FATW covers only men; LOTR-TW looks better but it crashes very often
    ________
    Property For Sale Pattaya Thailand
    Last edited by AqD; September 20, 2011 at 05:32 AM.

The Fourth Age is definatly what you are looking for.
    End of an era

If you want to try out FATW you'll need FATW - The New Shadow v2.0b (here), the v2.5 patch (here), plus the music pack which can be found in the same thread with 2.0b (it is optional, but we highly recommend it). The mod is also entirely modfoldered, so it won't interfere with your copy of vanilla, or other modfoldered mods.

Also check out our sub-forum here at TWC.

thanx both of u

It depends on what you want. Do you wish to play in the films, which is accurately depicted by LOTR-TW with a lot of different races and heroes.
    Or do you wish to play in the universe of the books with those races of men.
    FATW has a lot of human units with options for more diverse men, it draws more on the books and is more in tone with the Tolkien universe.
    It really depends on what you want.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

zedestroyer's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
    I have Rome and BI.

Right now which is better, The fourth age or LOTR-TW?

Or some other one that I haven't heard of?

Thanks
    You can buy Alexander:TW and play with both, LOTR is based in the end of the third age, FATW is based in the fourth age, so you can start with LOTR and continue with FATW.
    FATW is in a more advanced stage of development so it's more stable and complete.

In LOTR you have the majority of the characters present in the movies (Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel, Frodo, Sauron Saruman,...) and you can play with orcs, goblins, men, elves and dwarves.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Help me chossing a mod

i decided to play rome total war again..after 1 year and a half of non-playing it...

since the rome total war mods were updated majorly..i can't decide wich one to play...

here's what i want in a mod:
    -new factions
    -new units (lots and lots)
    -be realistic, not fantasy
    -more regions
    -new map
    -new features

any suggestion that fits in this ??

thanks
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Default Re: Help me chossing a mod

try europa barbarorum

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

ok i'll try...

but can any one make me a very short summary of rome total realism ??

it looks cool
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Primicerius

RTR is focused on realism to a lesser extent than EB, but without EB's excessive scripting, which really slows down the game. RTR also heavily slows down battles and the campaign for more realistic kill rates and conquering speed. The idea is to more accurately simulate how empires grew in real life. Personally, my computer can't handle EB and I hated RTR. The battles were just way to slow for me after playing a couple years of vanilla. So if you like vanilla, you might be better off trying a slightly less radical approach. I play Extended Greek Mod, which is a great all-round mod, but I would definitely try out EB and RTR too see if it suits you.

Other mods to try are: Roma Surrectum, XGM, SPQR, and maybe Fourth Age total war if you are a LOTR fan.

All of these seem to fit you're needs (in your first post), although if you want to try SPQR, it is 0 turn, so don't play it if you don't like 0 turn recruitment.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

I love SPQR total war, it brings warfare to an epic level by recruiting up to 9 units from each settlement per turn (dont worry you stil have to pay and upkeep them) It focuses on battles and realisim, it starts in 215 BC with Hannibal having just marched through Italy and devistating Rome, there are basically the same factions from Vanilla, but they all have a dramatic facelift, for example thrace is no longer the apitamy of a horrible faction, you see it often conquering most of the black sea territories, and you often see hordes of Dacians heading south and fighting Macedon. Speaking of Macedon its phallenxes are all now incredibley well balanced. Plus the graphics= arty:

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell