Page 12 of 199 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: RTW mods info request.

SPQR or Roma Surrectum.

Default Re: RTW mods info request.

Both of the above allow for huge battles. Also you can change a little file from True to False, removing the limit for men on the battlefield. I don't know exactly which file that is.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Default Re: Rome BI - main mods?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz View Post
    Arthurian TW is very good too. I've had some spectacular battles and its challenging!

I've not tried IJ as I haven't been able to get it to work. I want to though...

Has anyone tried the Justinian campaign for Rio's IBFD? I want to see if that's good.
    I could not actually get IJ to work. So installed INVASIO BARBARORUM VII and I'm not quite happy with it. Well, that happens after playing EB, whcih is perfectly polished. No barbarians walking around with Roman units...

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

It's in preferences, and I think it's called Battle limit or something.

Just another question: I've heard of the thing called a "Mod-Switcher" which allows you to switch between different mods by just using one installment of RTW by collecting all the data files and being able to replace/change them easily or something like that.
    I was just wondering if this "Mod-Switcher" only works for mod-folder mods, or any type of mod?

Default Which mod have the higher quality units of all?

just wondering which mod have the best looking units in the game ,
    for romans ,barbarian factions and everything else.

Default Re: Which mod have the higher quality units of all?

Roma Surrectum

RTW VANILLA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ojf View Post
    Roma Surrectum
    WOW!!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148842

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137604

Truly awesome.. thanks a lot!!

Have a few questions..

1)what is the purpose of the mod ,what are their goals ? it is realistic?

2) In what way is diferent the gameplay from RTR or EB for example?

IT looks very nice.. any other mod to look forward? aside from that one ,RTR and EB ?
    Last edited by Vann7; March 02, 2008 at 11:09 AM.

SPQR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vann7 View Post
    WOW!!

THis is what i was looking.. thanks a lot..

Have a few questions..

1)Does all other factions units in the game are brand new ?
    No there are some old factions in there but just with different skins amd statistics

2)Does all other non-roman or non-greeks units .. ie.. barbarians looks as good ?
    Yes they've remodelled the whole thing, so all units look better. When Roma Surrectum 2.0 comes out, you'll be able to see the work they've done on it: you can even see individual fingers on the warrior's hands!

3)what is the purpose of the mod ,what are their goals ? it is realistic? In what way is diferent the gameplay from RTR or EB for example?
    I don't know if they actually have a goal, but I think it's just to make RTW Vanilla more real without taking away the fun factor. It doesn't have EB's long load times, yet (I believe) it is more fun than RTR.

[quote[IT looks very nice.. any other mod to look forward? aside from RTR , EB and RS ? [/quote]
    Yes it does look pretty nice. If you are looking for huge battles and a good focus on the Romans (though other stuff is changed as well), then go for SPQR

Quote Originally Posted by Vann7 View Post
    WOW!!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148842

Truly awesome.. thanks a lot!!

Have a few questions..

1)what is the purpose of the mod ,what are their goals ? it is realistic?

2) In what way is diferent the gameplay from RTR or EB for example?

IT looks very nice.. any other mod to look forward? aside from that one ,RTR and EB ?

1: The purpose is to make the game more historicly accurate, if you play as the romans you with have a large variety of marius legions for example.

2: The game play is quite different, there is 0 turn recruitment, so you can make more than one unit a turn, but if you like the one unit per turn recruitment system then there is an option in the isntallation to switch them, the map is much larger adding 5(?) cities on sicily alone! Also every faction is not addicted to attacking you so you will have a more sensfull campaign, unlike some other mods. This mod also gives credit to other factions too, so it is fun to play as any faction, unlike in other mods where they concentrate on the Romans so other factions are boring, if you want to know about any other aspect of the game feel free to pm me, and im sure everyone in the Roma Surrectum forum would be as willing to help you as i am

Me, and most of the other people on this forum im sure are looking foreward to RS2.0, i dont know when it is released, but if you want, SPQR is another fun challenging mod

ps:feel free to click on that green circle thing thats a lil below my post count
    Last edited by Ojf; March 02, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

*I'm placing this in the Mod Recommendation thread.*
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default Re: Rome BI - main mods?

* Moving this to the Mod Recommendation thread *
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

That guy seemed kinda new to the forums, does he know it has been merged?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Just another question: I've heard of the thing called a "Mod-Switcher" which allows you to switch between different mods by just using one installment of RTW by collecting all the data files and being able to replace/change them easily or something like that.
    I was just wondering if this "Mod-Switcher" only works for mod-folder mods, or any type of mod?
    I asked this question a little while ago, but it seems to have gotten "lost" after the thread merge.

Civis

Default Best Looking Mod

Simply said: what do you think is the best looking mod out there for RTW or BI?

Columcille's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Best Looking Mod

XGM. Amazing Prometheus cities, and amazing unit skins.
    Columcille
    Graphics Worker |Modder | Irish
    Proud player of Roma Surrectum

Spqr.

RS 2.0 even though it is not out i still say this based on the previews i have seen for it

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

I don't know how many times this question has come up. So repetitive. I agree with Templar Knight. RS 2.0 will be mean.