Page 6 of 199 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: Need Mod Recommendations? Ask Away Here

Check this out http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods
    The mods with the green folders have the entire mod contained in the aforementioned folder, and it doesn't overwrite any of the original files. It's from TWC WIKI a great resource for Total War Fans.

BTW I personally like RTR Platinum, it plays as smooth as Vanilla yet the game is enhanced tremendously as only RTR can do, and if your looking for a shorter yet equally fantastic mod click my sig and get RTRs latest offering.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Then what are the red files like and what do they do?

Red means they don't use a modfolder, so they overwrite vanilla. To keep vanilla you need to copy the directory to a new place and install those mods there. A different copy for each mod.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Default Wheres the all factions playable mod??

i was just wondering about where the rtw all factions playable mod is? i tried the one in downloads but I couldnt download it. can anyone send me the link for it????
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Default Re: Wheres the all factions playable mod??

There's no all factions playable mod for RTW. All you need to do is change some of the game files. Look at the first page of posts in the FAQ thread.

Default Re: Wheres the all factions playable mod??

O thx
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Default Question about RTW mods

I've been thinking for some time now about getting back to RTW, and I was interested in getting a good mod to crank up the fun.

But I don't want to change the game experience too much.

Are there any mods out there that preserve the Roman Civil War? That's the aspect of playing (at least as a Roman) that makes the game the most fun.

Default Re: Question about RTW mods

I'm not sure which ones still have the civil war included, but if you want an emphasis more on Rome, choose either Rome: Total Realism, Roma Surrectum or SPQR mod. They are all quite good. If you also want a harder AI challenge, choose SPQR. If you want everything to look real and more like what it would have been like at the time, take RTR. If you want to unleash the power of Rome, try RS. Depends on your tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Naja View Post
    I've been thinking for some time now about getting back to RTW, and I was interested in getting a good mod to crank up the fun.

But I don't want to change the game experience too much.

Are there any mods out there that preserve the Roman Civil War? That's the aspect of playing (at least as a Roman) that makes the game the most fun.
    If you like the civil war era, you got to try TFT, it requires RTW patched to 1.5, you can play as either Caesar, Pompey or Crassus. If your interested you can also play as the Parthians and Gauls.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49252

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    If you like the civil war era, you got to try TFT, it requires RTW patched to 1.5, you can play as either Caesar, Pompey or Crassus. If your interested you can also play as the Parthians and Gauls.
    Oh yes, TFT is also very good for the civil war period. It's basically like a RTR thing centred around the civil war period, so it doesn't cover all the other factions and parts of the ancient world the way vanilla does. Plus, it uses a mod folder so doesn't overwrite vanilla, so you can play both at the same time. I downloaded it and it's a very good mod. The AI is smarter too. It was quite hard playing as Crassus, I can tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    Oh yes, TFT is also very good for the civil war period. It's basically like a RTR thing centred around the civil war period, so it doesn't cover all the other factions and parts of the ancient world the way vanilla does. Plus, it uses a mod folder so doesn't overwrite vanilla, so you can play both at the same time. I downloaded it and it's a very good mod. The AI is smarter too. It was quite hard playing as Crassus, I can tell you!
    Thanks for the pointer Xavier i may take a look at that as the civil war period interests me the mot at the roman era, btw is this using the the full campaign map?

Well, on the minimap, it shows the whole campaign map, but I have quite a few friends who've played all five parts of TFT, and none of them has ever conquered the whole campaign map, nor made use of all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    The first time I played TFT I was blown away, It was the first mod AFAIK, that enabled a player to take on the role of the legendary general Gaius Julius Caesar.
    Also the FRRE team have continued the great work with their mods 77BC, and 58BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The first time I played TFT I was blown away,
    So was I. It's a brilliant mod, and I still get excited everytime I play it, as though I've only just got it.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Default Mod's, Mod's, Mod's

Hello folks, I decided that I am getting tired of Medieval 2 and need to bring back good ol Rome, I don't know any of the mods and I wanted to hear some of your opinions for the best ones. I'm looking for a good challenge but still want it to be fun and not some endless defensive campaign of me trying to survive. Rome has been my favorite of all the total war games, it was my first one to try and I was addicted at total war's brilliance in making this sweet tactical war based game just from one historical battle, then I looked at the campaign map and woke up from a coma 6 months later, spent the rest of the year playing it. I need good mods!! Help me TWC!

Common mods recommended here are Extended Greek Mod, Roma Surrectum, SPQR, Europa Barbarorum, and Rome: Total Realism. All have forums in the RTW hosted mods forum.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman_Man#3 View Post
    Common mods recommended here are Extended Greek Mod, Roma Surrectum, SPQR, Europa Barbarorum, and Rome: Total Realism. All have forums in the RTW hosted mods forum.
    Extended Greek mod (obviously) focuses most on the Greeks and isn't that fun for the other factions. Roma Surrectum is quite good, but a little bit like the Extended Greek mod for Romans, where you can master the true power of the Roman military engine. SPQR is a mod of huge armies, massive battles, and a AI that's quite a bit more challenging than all the other mods. Europa Barbarorum makes the game for non-fictional, but especially changes the appearances of the barbarians from "stereotypical unwashed savages" to what they were more like. A good mod. Rome: Total Realism is also good, highlighting most of the historical inaccuracies of Vanilla RTW, and changing them to make the whole era encompassed in the game to seem more real

Roma Surrectum also has done a great deal to the "unwashed barbarians" so that they are quite fun to play as well! Might try SPQR, though.

Default Changing factions mod for BI?

hi, i remember reading somewhere that someone had made a mod for BI which allows you to switch factions halfway through a campaign (a bit like control_faction in Med2). I've searched the forums quite a bit but i couldn't find it so i decided to just ask here if anyone could give me a link to it or tell me that it doesn't actually exist and i must be crazy.

Thanks, 12345abcd3
    She was no ordinary girl, Oh Inverted World

Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tommorow in australia

rep me, I rep you.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

They all sounds pretty good, I'l probably go with Europa Barbarianism or Rome Total Realism because I don't really want to focus on any faction or factions yet.