Page 198 of 199 FirstFirst ... 98148173188189190191192193194195196197198199 LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 3966

Thread: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Rome Mod Questions & Recommendations

Most of the mods are having any kind of CTD or bug, but still they are pretty playable.

You can begin experimenting with these two great mods:

- Rome Surrectum II
    - Europa Barbarorum

=)

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Are they easy to install, i found that EB installation is complicated

EB it has a normal installation, like most of the mods, as well as RSII, but personally I find RSII more complicate to understand because inteface changes.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I would second the suggestion of Extended Cultures but get definitely get v4. There's no point trying the public v5 yet as that's a very early version. Extended Cultures is best if you want improved campaign mechanics, its biggest selling point is the new buildings, traits and ancillaries it adds. If you're more looking for graphics and would prefer the campaign to stay as simple as vanilla, I would probably recommend 280 b.c. That mod has overall the best looking collection of units out of any lightweight mod and I think it has RS2 environments as well.
    (emphasis added)

I'm not familiar with a mod called "280 b. c." but I would like to look at it. Can someone link to it, please. Thank you.
    I'm OldTotalWarrior on YouTube.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Recently I have an urge to play Rome... Can someone offer me a few mods to try out?

important:
    - stability, not many CTDs
    - preferably vanilla-like in complexity AND graphics (easy on the laptop), I think lightweight
    - working download

nice to have:
    - no fantasy, but anything from history. (medieval 1 style "dirty" mod would be nice. Never like how cavalry works in Med2)
    - not too many units (vanilla-ish is fine)
    - most factions playable (eg. not level 3 barbarians cities like in vanilla)
    - slower battles
    - not too many provinces (probably barbarian invasions is ideal, or vanilla Rome. Less sieges, more siege battles)

not important:
    - perfect historical accurancy (vanilla is passable)
    - complex build tree
    - battle map graphics
    - building, traits, missions, crusades...
    - full world (I always liked focused campaigns, like Med2 kingdoms)
    - I don't really like playing phalanx factions (but don't mind if they exist on the map, as long as there are other factions to play)

Mods I liked:
    Broken crescent, Last kingdom, Retrofit.
    What I didn't like:
    Stainless steel&Third Age (too "heavy"), Warhammer (med2, too buggy)

Thanks a lot for considering!
    Last edited by shikaka; September 08, 2020 at 04:44 AM.

Default Re: Best mod for Rome period setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Which mod would you consider the best in Rome period setting? After a quick research I've seen Rome Surrectum, Rome Total Realism and SPQR.
    A while ago I have tried several of the biggest RTW mods. There are many good ones but I liked this one, Rome Total Realism, the most. Rome Surrectum and RTR both also were very good. There are some other good ones for sure, Darthmod is probably worth a try. I haven't tried any of the pre or post roman era scenarios, or the fantasy..

I have been playing vanilla for the last few week and I am going to start RTR soon. It's been a while since I've played it but I will try to post some insightful feedback

Hello to all.

Is there a mod that allows some kind of cultural integration? Like barbarians adopting tech and development of conquered civilized factions.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by trueman11 View Post
    Is there a mod that allows some kind of cultural integration? Like barbarians adopting tech and development of conquered civilized factions.
    EBII?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    Recently I have an urge to play Rome... Can someone offer me a few mods to try out?

important:
    - stability, not many CTDs
    - preferably vanilla-like in complexity AND graphics (easy on the laptop), I think lightweight
    - working download

nice to have:
    - no fantasy, but anything from history. (medieval 1 style "dirty" mod would be nice. Never like how cavalry works in Med2)
    - not too many units (vanilla-ish is fine)
    - most factions playable (eg. not level 3 barbarians cities like in vanilla)
    - slower battles
    - not too many provinces (probably barbarian invasions is ideal, or vanilla Rome. Less sieges, more siege battles)

not important:
    - perfect historical accurancy (vanilla is passable)
    - complex build tree
    - battle map graphics
    - building, traits, missions, crusades...
    - full world (I always liked focused campaigns, like Med2 kingdoms)
    - I don't really like playing phalanx factions (but don't mind if they exist on the map, as long as there are other factions to play)

Mods I liked:
    Broken crescent, Last kingdom, Retrofit.
    What I didn't like:
    Stainless steel&Third Age (too "heavy"), Warhammer (med2, too buggy)

Thanks a lot for considering!
    Good old XGM fits the bill
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    EBII?
    Was looking forward to trying it out, after reading the description... But it's too overboard with "accuracy" for me. Why not just use English unit/building names?? It's a game, not a history class... Whatever, I guess. It's obviously made for a particular "history buff" type of players. My brain can't handle all of those things. I play to relax, not to learn a new language. Well, moving on.

Hi to all.

What are the best available mods for Rome (or maybe for Medieval II or any other TW titles up to Rome II) which have the best variety for 'Greek gameplay'? I would be interested in anything Greek-ish: factions, troops and so on.

I tried Diadochi mod (which is very good IMO) and I'd want more of the same goodness.

Thanks in advance.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Extended Greek Mod

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    Extended Greek Mod
    EGM or Extended Cultures?

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxis View Post
    EGM or Extended Cultures?
    XGM is the original "I want more depth for greek factions" mod.
    Extended cultures expands on XGM (XC4) and gives more depth to most factions, including extra units for the greek as well. XC5 goes a step further but it's for players that wants Paradox style gameplay rather than RTW.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    XC5 goes a step further but it's for players that wants Paradox style gameplay rather than RTW.
    Couldn't you clarify this a little more, please? In what aspects of gameplay it makes RTW looks like Paradox game? I'm not a big fan of Paradox games personally, mainly due to their 'pausable-real-time' engine. There are some other personal complaints (e.g. too many scripts affecting the game flow or some overcomplicated game subsystems) but the engine is the principal thing for me.

It of course keeps the RTW gameplay structure, however it gives extreme importance to characters and has a plethora of building development mechanics.
    Suppanut would be the best person to ask though, I retired from modding too long ago to be able to give you a proper XC5 description.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxis View Post
    I would be interested in anything Greek-ish: factions, troops and so on.

I tried Diadochi mod (which is very good IMO) and I'd want more of the same goodness.

Thanks in advance.
    "Hegemonia City States" (1st of all, IMO), "The Greek Wars" (Nice one) and "Battle for Hellas: Rise of Macedonia" (Gorgeous units, IMO).
    Oh well, i recomend you to seach more regional Mods not global in this case. cheers ^-^

I have been searching everywhere to see if we could mod Rome Total war on Android......is there any way????????

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could help me out by directing where to look or change, so I've been trying to divide the Roman factions in export_descr_unit by creating the same Roman units with a slightly different name. I just want to play the original RTW Imperial Campaign as Scipii but want to do so by making minor stat changes to some of the units so it doesn't affect other Roman factions. To keep things short, almost everything works like in custom battle, units model, text, stats etc. However, the issue I'm running into is the inability to start the Imperial Campaign, it loads to a full bar then the game crashed to the desktop. I would be very very appreciative if anyone could help me out here, or know of any mod that separates the Rome faction in export desc units with a playable campaign. FYI, I've also looked at export_descr_buildings, and descr_strat files in Imperial campaign folder.

hei, I am making a mod and greating new factions. Having greated galatia, bosporus, massalia. But now when I add a faction illyria i can not play it on the battle map. it crashes when it loads. can anyone tell me how to fix it?