Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Somnium Apostatae Iuliani Discussion

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Imperium Julianorum Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    For some reason I can't find the launcher for IJ on my desktop or anywhere. Can somebody tell me the name of the launcher?
    OK, I have taken this from the Downoad page. Just follow the instructions:

TO CREATE SHORTCUT TO DESKTOP MANUALLY
    NOTE:

This is for people who may be experiencing problems with IJ loading or not loading the IJ shortcut.

1. If the shortcut fails to materialise on your desktop or the path is incorrect in the "target" window, please try reloading the game first.

2. If this fails to solve the problem please follow the following instructions.
    For those who have the IJ Icon on their desktop:

Right click on the IJ Icon
    Select Properties
    In the target box, copy and paste the following:

-mod:IJ -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:IJ -show_err.

2. If there is no Icon on your desktop then please follow these intructions:

Go the folder where II has been installed
    Right click on the BI.exe icon
    Select "Send to Desktop"
    The BI.exe Icon should now be on your desktop.
    Right click on the Icon
    Select Properties
    In the target box, copy and paste the following:

-mod:IJ -show_err after RomeTW-BI.exe. Make sure you leave a space between .exe and -mod:IJ -show_err.

Hallo, i play now the 361 Campaign, well and i want to ask, if there is a way to make the possible reach, that armys can march per turn, bigger. Especially the Ships, because i dont think that its realistic, if a ship needs from arleate to antiochia 2 years or more...also i think that a army i that time could march through gaul in 3 month easily.
    Well and if it is possible, how?! And can i go on playing my campaign, or i need to restard?!

Thank you very much

Thank you very much julianus. Now all I have to do is change the icon from the vanilla BI one to the IJ one.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello all ye IJ folk. I have returned from exploration of the deep dark forests of M2 mods. So from tomorrow onwards, PM me if you want a game on Hamachi
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Is there a way/cheat to increase my generals' loyalty? And why can I only recruit milites in most cities even when I have built comites barracks etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by miggo View Post
    Is there a way/cheat to increase my generals' loyalty? And why can I only recruit milites in most cities even when I have built comites barracks etc.?
    The following is taken from the IJ Main Page and explains the recruiting system.

Recruitment Structure:

Recruitment for the roman factions has been changed to reflect the situation as it was during the 4th century. Most recruitment occurs along the borders of the empire with very little recruitment within the empire. This mod attempts to replicate this with some exceptions for gameplay.

The military structure of the army was also altered to suit changing demands and needs of the empire. This included a separation of the army into a border protection force (limitanei) and regional field armies (comitatensis). For a detailed breakdown of the army please go to this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175023

There are essentially 4 levels of recruitment; Training Ground, Militia Barracks, Comites Barracks, Palatinae Barracks for infantry and Stables, Equites Castra, Comites Equites Castra, Palatine Equites Castra for cavalry

There are four recruitment types; limitanei, foederati, comitatensis, and palatinae troops.

The limitanei are border troops whose responsibilities are to police the frontiers and keep in check border raiding parties. Unit types include; miltes, limitanei, and numerii for the infantry.

In addition, limitanei units consist of old auxilia and legions cohortes. The legions cohorts have slightly better morale and training and also have armatus units to reflect their higher status. These troops are the ones you would want to include in a regional field army as psuedocomitatensis.

For the cavalry units there are: equites sagittarii indigenae, equites armaturae, equites scutarii, equites mauri, dromedarii, equites catafractarii sarmatian, and equites clibinarii. These units, apart from the catafractarii and clibinarii units are all unarmoured skirmisher types.

Limitanei units can be recruited in the first three levels; Training Ground, Militia Barracks, and Comites Barracks except for limitanei legio units which can be recruited in Militia Barracks, Comites Barracks, and Palatinae Barracks. Limitanei and Numerii units can only be recruited in cities that have the hidden resources limitanei and numerii.

The following locations allow for the building of numerii and hence their recruitment.

Britian: Isca Silurum;
    Gaul: Colonia Agrippina, Argentorum, Arleate;
    Raetia: Augusta Vindelicum;
    Noricum: Carnuntum;
    Syria: Callinicum;
    Mesopotamia: Nisibis, Edessa, Carrhae, Nineveh, Bezabde, Beroea;
    Palestine: Damascus, Palmyra;
    Arabia: Petra;
    Hispania: Toletum.

The following locations allow for the building of limitanei and hence their recruitment.

Britian: Isca Silurum, Eburacum,
    Gaul: Colonia Agrippina, Augusta Treverorum, Argentoratum
    Aquileia: Aquileia
    Raetia: Augusta Vindelicum;
    Pannonia: Aquincum,
    Valeria Ripensis: Sirmium,
    Thracia: Marcianopolis, Hadrianopolis, Constantinople, Thesalonicae
    Moesia: Singidum;
    Cappadocia: Ancyra, Caesarea, Attalia;
    Pontus et Bithynia: Sinope
    Hispania: Nova Carthago, Corduba, Toletum
    Armenia: Amida, Trapezus, Van
    Mesopotamia: Edessa, Nisibis, Bezabde, Beroea, Nineveh, Ctesiphon
    Syria: Antioch, Callinicum
    Phoenicia: Tyrus, Caesarea, Damascus, Palmyra
    Palaestina: Aelia Capitolina;
    Arabia: Bostra, Petra
    Aegypt: Alexandria, Memphis, Thebae
    Cyrenaica: Ptolemais, Apollonia
    Africa: Tingis, Cartenna, Hippo_Regius, Carthage

The next type is the foederati. At this stage these are still foreign troops under their own command. They have not yet evolved into the more “organised” foederati of the early 5th Century.

As such they are recruitable thru foederati camps and settlements at limited places andn with the hidden resource foederati. The foederati consist of three groups: Germans, Goths and Ghassanids.

The following locations allow for the building of foederati settlements and hence their recruitment.

Germanic foederati locations:

Britian: Eburacum,
    Gaul: Colonia Agrippina, Argentoratum

Gothic foederati locations:

Macedonia: Serdica
    Thracia: Marcianopolis, Hadrianopolis,

Ghassanid foederati locations:

Phoenicia: Damascus, Palmyra
    Arabia: Bostra, Petra

The next group of units are the comitatensis (regional field armies). They started out as units that existed within Regional Field Armies but over time with transfers etc. found themselves also in Praesental Field Armies.

The infantry units consist of legio units, most of which were vexillations from parent legions stationed along the border. There three types of legio comitatensis: lanciarii (light skirmishers), heavy infantry, and sagitarii. Both the lanciarii and sagitarii act as support units for the main heavy infantry units.

The cavalry units consist of: equites sagitarii, heavily armed equites scutarii, heavily armed equites dalmatae, equites armaturae, vexillationes mauri, equites dromedarii, equites catafractarii, equites clibinarii parthi and equites clibinarii palmirenorum.

The equites clibinarii units recruitment is limited to eastern provinces.

These units can be recruited in Comites Equites Castra buildings only and need the hidden resource comitatensis. The following locations are where Comites Equites Castra either are built or can be built:

Britian: Londinium,
    Gaul: Augusta Treverorum, Argentoratum, Arleate,
    Italia: Mediolanium,
    Thracia: Constantinople,
    Moesia: Singidum;
    Cappadocia: Caesarea,
    Hispania: Nova Carthago,
    Armenia: Amida,
    Syria: Antioch, Damascus, Palmyra
    Africa: Carthage,
    Aegypt: Alexandria,
    Mesopotamia: Bezabde, Ctesiphon,

The last group are the palatinae armies (praesenti field armies). Much the same as comitatensis units they started out as units that existed within Praesental Field Armies but over time with transfers etc. found themselves also in Regional Field Armies.

The infantry units consisted of Auxilia Palatinae as well as some Legio Palatinae (most of these seem to have belonged to the previous field armies under Diocletian and Constantine).

Again, as with the comitatensis units there three: lanciarii (light skirmishers), heavy infantry, and sagitarii. Both the lanciarii and sagitarii act as support units for the main heavy infantry units.

The cavalry units consist of: vexillationes sagittarii, equites parthii, heavily armed equites promoti, equites promoti clibinarii, equites persae clibinarii.

These units can be recruited in Palatine Equites Castra buildings only and need the hidden resource comitatensis. The following locations are where Palatine Equites Castra either are built or can be built:

Auxilia Palatinae

Gaul: Augusta Treverorum,

Legio Palatinae

Gaul: Arleate,
    Syria: Antioch,
    Mesopotamia: Ctesiphon,

Equites Palatinae

Gaul: Augusta Treverorum,
    Gaul: Arleate,
    Syria: Antioch,
    Mesopotamia: Ctesiphon,

Again, the recruitment of equites clibinarii and vexillationes sagittarii are restricted to eastern provinces.
    PLEASE NOTE: Not all troop types are available at in any one city. There are regional variations. Also you cannot recruit comitatensis and palatinae units in the same city.

As you rise through the recruitment tech tree some units that were available previously will no longer be available. This is to ensure that the player doesn’t build Palatinae Barracks everywhere and produce rolls Royce armies.

The player starts with palatinae and comitatensis armies, but the game is fought really with limitanei units. Look after your field army troops as they cost a lot and take time to recruit. Use your border troops to delay and wear the enemy down.

Quote Originally Posted by georg321 View Post
    Hallo, i play now the 361 Campaign, well and i want to ask, if there is a way to make the possible reach, that armys can march per turn, bigger. Especially the Ships, because i dont think that its realistic, if a ship needs from arleate to antiochia 2 years or more...also i think that a army i that time could march through gaul in 3 month easily.
    Well and if it is possible, how?! And can i go on playing my campaign, or i need to restard?!

Thank you very much
    Pls can you reply on this?! I want to have faster moving ships and armys, because i rarely retrain units, only situations and if they have low experience.
    So i need faster moving armys, because the new trained units have to reach the Army faster...

Pls can you reply on this?! I want to have faster moving ships and armys, because i rarely retrain units, only situations and if they have low experience.
    So i need faster moving armys, because the new trained units have to reach the Army faster...
    Go to data/descr_character.txt and look for the line that says starting_action_points and increase the value, but be careful not to raise it to high. Also note that this will increase the movement points of all your units, generals, captains, ships, assassins, spies and diplomats.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Go to data/descr_character.txt and look for the line that says starting_action_points and increase the value, but be careful not to raise it to high. Also note that this will increase the movement points of all your units, generals, captains, ships, assassins, spies and diplomats.
    I have changed the moving points, but nothing happened

I have changed the moving points, but nothing happened
    Assuming that you did it right. Do you have Vista? And is your RTW-BI folder contained in the Program Files folder?

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Assuming that you did it right. Do you have Vista? And is your RTW-BI folder contained in the Program Files folder?
    Yes i have Vista, but my folder is not in programs, its D:/RTW-Games/IJ-Mod/Rome-Totalwar/BI

Are you certain you've changed the right file in the right folder? Not the vanilla folder but the actual mod folder?

Are you certain you've changed the right file in the right folder? Not the vanilla folder but the actual mod folder?
    LoL yes of course i have changed it in the right folder...

Then it should work. You might try to delete map.rwm, but I doubt that would do any good.

Then it should work. You might try to delete map.rwm, but I doubt that would do any good.
    -.- but it does not...

Have you started a new campaign after changing character.txt?

Have you started a new campaign after changing character.txt?
    yesss...i have tried all possible things, restart my pc, change again etc.
    i have precesily sticked to your instructions...
    Last edited by georg321; April 12, 2010 at 04:09 PM.

yesss...i have tried all possible things, restart my pc, change again etc.
    i have precesily sticked to your instructions...
    What value did you change it to?

What value did you change it to?
    I changed it first from 200 on 300 but nothing happened so i changed after on 1000, and nothing happened.

Yes i have Vista, but my folder is not in programs, its D:/RTW-Games/IJ-Mod/Rome-Totalwar/BI
    Your destination path looks suspicious. It seems to indicate that the last folder is BI, where the last folder should be the IJ folder.

You need to edit the desc_character.txt file in the IJ folder.

Cheers