Thread: Disc 2!!

Default Disc 2!!

I just bought this game today and my computer wont recognise disc two at all. It loads for ages and makes loads of noise.

I was wondering if this is a known problem with Win Vista?

I bought it 2nd hand, so the discs probably knackered!!!

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Disc 2!!

Try this: After inserting the 2nd disc, you will hear the computer read the disc (it'll make a sound), wait for the sound to end before clicking ok.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Now I've bought the game 1st hand and CD2 still doesnt work. Why's that? It makes a load of funny noises for ages!!

I've looked on other forums about this problem and they seem to say that it could be to do with the speed of your DVD RW. My computer meets all the requirements. Anyone else had this problem?

My computer doesnt recognise the disc at all, It doesnt even appear in "my computer"

what speed is your disk drive? (look on the front!)

What do you mean by look on the front?

Usually there is a sticker on the front of the drive which tells you at what speed it is running.
    Artifex
    Under the patronage of King Kong
    Proud patron of y2day and yelowdogg23

i got this problem when i first installed M2, my computer didn't reccognise disc 2 had been inserted . However, when i put the disc into my dad's laptop and the laptop realised it was there immediatley:hmmm: .

So here's what i did. I took a usb pen with a decent amout of space and used my dad's laptop to copy all the files from disc 2 onto the usb. I then took the files on the usb and coppied them into a file in my documents on my pc. Then i started the install with the first CD and as soon as it needed CD2 i just clicked browse (or something like that, there was definately a way to change the directory you were using from D to something else) and selected the folder where i'd copied all the files from disc2. After that the installation ran fine and soon i was choping french heads off (choosing to play the campaign with England first, of course ).

I know it is a bit of a weird way of approaching the problem but as long as you have another computer that recognises the disc2 i don't see why this can't work for you. I think i've written it quite clearly but if you don't understand it please PM me.

Hope this helps
    12345abcd3
    She was no ordinary girl, Oh Inverted World

Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tommorow in australia

rep me, I rep you.

Quote Originally Posted by 12345abcd3 View Post
    i got this problem when i first installed M2, my computer didn't reccognise disc 2 had been inserted . However, when i put the disc into my dad's laptop and the laptop realised it was there immediatley:hmmm: .

So here's what i did. I took a usb pen with a decent amout of space and used my dad's laptop to copy all the files from disc 2 onto the usb. I then took the files on the usb and coppied them into a file in my documents on my pc. Then i started the install with the first CD and as soon as it needed CD2 i just clicked browse (or something like that, there was definately a way to change the directory you were using from D to something else) and selected the folder where i'd copied all the files from disc2. After that the installation ran fine and soon i was choping french heads off (choosing to play the campaign with England first, of course ).

I know it is a bit of a weird way of approaching the problem but as long as you have another computer that recognises the disc2 i don't see why this can't work for you. I think i've written it quite clearly but if you don't understand it please PM me.

Hope this helps
    12345abcd3
    Haha thats a great way of getting around the problem.

Cheers dudes. I actually worked that out the other day. I copied the files of disc 2 onto my iPod and justed installed it from there. Its a great wat around that problem. Now Im waiting for Kingdoms to install