Thread: Harvest crashing - definative solution

Default Harvest crashing - definative solution

Hi, I'm posting this because I've seen more people with the problem of the game crashing at the harvest screen. I found the complete solution to this a while ago and thought I'd post it here.

If your game crashes on the harvest screen (together with the sound not being played properly), the problem is with the sound files' codec. The game uses Media Player Classic to open sound files, it is this program that is crashing and not STW.

Find the harvest sound files, then use an audio conversion program (like Cdex) to convert them to WAVs, then back to mp3s (I think they're mp3s anyway) and drop the new files back into the STW folder they were originally in, retaining their names of course. Cdex will read the original 'broken' files and when it re-encodes them back to mp3 it will use a codec that media player classic can read.

Enjoy!

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

Icon8 Re: Harvest crashing - definative solution

Sorry Didn't work for me still crashes :hmmm:

AGHHH IM GOING CRAZY!!!
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Default Re: Harvest crashing - definative solution

OK, well maybe use a different tool to convert the audio... you can test if it'll work before starting the game by opening the sound files with Media Player Classic - if it can open them and the files have been put back in the right place the game will work.

Default Re: Harvest crashing - definative solution

Just wondering if the Assassination, Intro sequence and ending will be added into S.W 8 Beta; Plus the Music as well?
    Although I like the Med 1 Music, it doesn't give it the Japanese Feel. lol

Enjoying it all round, rekindles my old love for the tw series.
    Last edited by thebigbossnahhh; March 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: I made a SBELLING MISTAKEY!!!!!