Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Rome: Total War - FAQ

Default Re: FAQ: Ask All Questions about Rome: Total War Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    Influence is easily gotten by the 'Victor' traits, so most successful generals will have good influence. Academies work, but to a lesser extent as they are more for management, I find. But either or will work. Combine them both and you'll get a competent administrator as well as a general with decent influence (eg: have new generals spend some time (a few years) in a city with an Academy.)
    yes, i think what you have to do is cut and paste the whole folder for the game from your c: drive or whatever to your desktop
    and then make the changes, save it.
    and then cut and paste it back to where it was

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Does that mean the whole Rome folder (called 'Data') or just the folder containing descr_strat (Imperial Campaign folder)?

My Entertainment Costs are being subtracted twice every turn. Does anyone know how to fix this? My "End Turn Report" says I should have more denari then I get. (Example: My "End Turn Report" says I should have 32,566 denari but I only have 20,966. It is off by 11,600; the exact amount of entertainment cost that I have.)

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    I was just reading the thread on how to unlock all the factions in R:TW written by Commander_Vimes. Then I tried it out, but every time I tried to save it, it said something about 'file and path lines not correct' and then it doesn't save. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
    Hmmm...maybe It's because you need to save it under a different name like Descr_strat1 or something, delete the old one, and save over with the new one and you can change it's name back to Descr_strat, If you want.
    I think i had the same problem, but then I didn't need to make another file and stuff.
    Hope it works.
    Report back if it doesn't, though.

It worked! Thanks a lot man.

Your welcome, now it would be ever so kind if you could click that green button next to the report button thanks.

I'd really like to give you rep, but for some reason, that button doesn't show up. I've read in the TWC Wiki FAQ that you need more than 50 posts, but I've already got that and still can't do it.

Ahh Crap, I think they've changed it or something, Probably means you can't vote in polls either...
    What a shame...
    Oh wells.

Yeah I can't vote in polls either, but there's a reason for that in the FAQ. For polls, if says you need to have more than 50 posts and been a member of TWC for a week. I've only been for 5 days. Maybe it applies here too? Oh well. If I can do it in 2 days time, I'll give you rep. If not, then "thank you very much" is all i can give.

Ahh That's ok, The one-week rule seems to have held alot of people back.
    But Tis optional so don't think you have to give me rep.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

1. Siege Artillery: Is there a way to enter and exit settlements,as in MTW2?

2. Mercenaries: I know the game wont allow,but how to mod Mercs so they can have losses rerecruited as in MTW2?

I don't know about siege artillery, but I think you can retrain mercenaries in your own cities, as long as you have the right building requirements. e.g. For mercenary hoplites, it's only at a certain level of their barracks that the Greeks can build hoplites. So if you have that same level of barracks as the Greeks when they can build them, then so can you. Same applies to all other mercenary units, I think.

Primicerius

^^ When you retrain mercs in vanilla, they don't replenish numbers, they get whatever armour/sword/experience multipliers that city gives units. So even the greeks can never retrain greek hoplite mercs, except to give them better weapons/experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes View Post
    Your welcome, now it would be ever so kind if you could click that green button next to the report button thanks.
    I can give you rep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    ^^ When you retrain mercs in vanilla, they don't replenish numbers, they get whatever armour/sword/experience multipliers that city gives units. So even the greeks can never retrain greek hoplite mercs, except to give them better weapons/experience.

I appreciate this,sadly I already know the game mechanics wont allow. I am enquiring as to how to mod the files so you can replenish mercs. Like you can in MTW2 for example?

I can give you rep now.
    Yay!! My first crown!! Glad to help.

Force_diplomacy cheat...how do you make it work? I have RTW GOLD..v1.5 I have tried it to no avail.

Muffin's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Force_diplomacy cheat...how do you make it work? I have RTW GOLD..v1.5 I have tried it to no avail.
    Force Diplomacy XGM3 - Total War Center Forums

read the whole thread, or at least till the comment "help is missing in 'help_ui_[...]' ".
    Workes just fine with the core game and probably every mod, it aint XGM-exclusivly

Edit:
    One question myself (wrong location, but whatever ):
    Is it possible to make the core_building-line destroyable? I mean destroy 'em when you own the settlement. I do know how to make roads/farms/mines destroyable (removing the "hinterland_" in various files), but it doesn't work with the "core_" part. Thus hardcoded issue = not possible?
    Or is it in fact possibly (while avoiding scripts or the like), than i'd appretiate someone point me to a guide or the like (if there does exist one, i couldn't find one, neither here nor in the guild), if you know that it is possible but their aint no guide and it's a lil bit more than a 4-line-guide. lemme know and i'll move to the correct subforums with my question
    Last edited by Muffin; February 04, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to destroy buildings in a settlement, click on a settlement, then look at the toolbar underneath that shows you all the buildings. Right click on the building you want to destroy, then there will be a scroll that comes up talking about the building. At the bottom left of the scroll, there are two buttons, one for destroying the building, the other for locating the village. click destroy building and you should be able to destroy it and get some denarii.

Muffin's Avatar Laetus

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want to destroy buildings in a settlement, click on a settlement, then look at the toolbar underneath that shows you all the buildings. Right click on the building you want to destroy, then there will be a scroll that comes up talking about the building. At the bottom left of the scroll, there are two buttons, one for destroying the building, the other for locating the village. click destroy building and you should be able to destroy it and get some denarii.
    lol... yeah i know...
    i was asking if there is a way to mod the game so that i can destroy governor's palace, imperial palace and so on this way
    but thanks anyway =)