Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Ethnic Traits project.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Ethnic Traits project.

Suppanut: The attached file contains all of the descr_strat.txt files for version 5.7.21. Would you be able to modify these so that the starting family members have appropriate ethnic traits?

I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so there is no huge rush. I'll start working on version 5.8 when I get back.

Suppanut, I noticed that in Ethnic Traits final 1.0 the democrat and oligarch traits are not anti-traits to each other and that with that system and the triggers it is possible for a general to get both traits.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Thanks for spot them Caesar. I will fix it in next version for 5.7.21 and 5.8.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Here is version final1.1 for XGM 5.7.21 and fix problem of Democrat/Oligarch that Caesar spotted.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

DimeBagHo: Here is module which came due to your request for all descr_strat.txt for 5.8 and also attach module which fixed on Traits of Oligarch and Democrat which gone haywire in last version.

I hope this would satisfy you.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

XGM 5.7.22 also use final1.1 module to play.

There is a fatal error in the barbarian_invasion and imperial_campaign descr_strats: the Gallic family tree is messed up, it uses the Parthian one. The Alexander campaign has it right though.

Here is version Final1.2 which fix problem that caesar spot in strat_descr.txt
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

Suppanut, I've gotten an errorless CTD involving barbarians twice now, I know it's a trait or ancillary because it only happens when I try to look at the character's info scroll. Last time this happened it was a mismatch between the export_ and export_descr_ files. Anyway, thought you should know.

Thank you, Caesar. I will check whole export_VnV.txt file to located and fix problem as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Suppanut; August 20, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Here is version final1.3 which fixed mismatched of traits descriptions which Caesar report(by labour intensived/time consuming method of check each description's tags one by one) I also tweak some traits' threshold and fix some triggering condition too.

As far as I remember, I run DBH's ancillary test script to test their mismatch long ago before I start traits and I doesn't add any to them for so long, so I don't think CTD would cause by ancillaries.

Caesar: Please test to check that CTD have been fixed or not and then report to me.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:18 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

Unfortunately, while it seems you've fixed several possible CTD, that didn't fix my CTD. It involves a Celt by the name of Lucco of the Volcae. I also got a CTD involving IIRC an ancillary as the Germans, so that's what makes me think it's an ancillary causing the problem. Thanks though for your quick response and great work and devotion to this project.

Thanks for reporting, Caesar. Look like I must through test on more labour-intensive method, put all traits and ancillaries to running test in descr_strat.txt. This would take about 1-2 days to complete it. I hope result should worth while.:hmmm:

Caesar: Could you upload save file for me to test?

I'll see about that, you'll need to PM me your e-mail though.

You've found the problem, the barbarian craftsmen trait was the one causing this problem. I can send you my save, but there isn't a problem any more.

Here is version final 1.4 from the effort of running check of each traits and ancillaries. At least now there would not have traits that have description problem anymore.

I really hope for this to be the last version of Ethnic Traits module V1.0.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

DimBagHo: Sorry for late fixing but I just throughly running check all traits and ancillaries to clean all possible CTD form them. Here is your file for 5.8.X to pick up.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

DimeBagHo: Sorry, I just forget changing in descr_strat.txt for main campaign so I'm now edit and upload for you.
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 06, 2008 at 11:52 AM. Reason: *File have been removed due to released of new version.*

Not sure if this is intended but when I was playing as Bactria with Ethnic Traits 1.4, my generals only had the Hellenic line of traits, not the trait that says where they're from.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion44 View Post
    Not sure if this is intended but when I was playing as Bactria with Ethnic Traits 1.4, my generals only had the Hellenic line of traits, not the trait that says where they're from.
    Yes, I intend. All hellenistic greek's kingdom will only received "BeingHellenic" traits(except descendents of diadochi which have royal line traits and chance to gain greek's epithet) but will have chance to adopt and married non-greek in exchange(indian, bactrian, and Scythian in case of Baktria. With scythian ethnic would boost Baktria enough).

Oh no!. I forget to made Scythian growth for Baktria. I think next version would be release again!
    Last edited by Suppanut; August 25, 2008 at 08:36 AM.