Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit 1.0) Version 6.0

Default Re: Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit) by Candelarius

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Stadler View Post
    This is great, but I have a question:

Is it possible to make this compatible with one of the "BigMap" mods out there? (such as RegionMod for BigMap)

It is awesome to now have specifically Outremer units, but better if it were on a map with more than 4 provinces in the area!

I'm sure it's possible. You'll need to add the BigMap files to the Retrofit mod folder, and do not over-write any text files, but manually integrate them yourself. You'll need basic modding skills to accomplish this. As I said in the FAQ above, I am not making multiple versions of this mod to make it compatible with other mods. I just don't have that much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    hmmm,I do not see anyone else mentioning this so i am wondering if perhaps i am on my own with my dilemma...well..here goes..it seems that for some reason or another I get an instant ctd on the retrofit mod after installing this add-on(which although I have yet to try it,I am sure it is spectacular)I have all files unpacked per the typical solution and there are no other mods installed...please,if anyone has a solution for this I would be grateful indeed..I look forward to introducing the european mainland to new world steel courtesy of the Cuirassiers.

You're the first person to mention this, actually. Where is the insta-CTD happening? At battle load-up or game load-up? Did you install over a vanilla, fresh copy of the RetroMod? Have you modified ANYTHING?

As for unpacking, it is not necessary with this mod. But, if you did unpack, did you follow the instructions in the unpacker readme? Did you delete these two files from EACH unpacked data folder for each Kingdoms campaign as well as the Grand Campaign? Each time you unpack a campaign, two files are generated that need to be deleted:

- NOTE: Due to a timestamp check, the following unpacked files will
    cause the game to crash and must be deleted before the game is
    launched:

data\descr_geography_new.txt
    data\descr_geography_new.db
    Let me know if that helps, I can only imagine you've done something wrong, I've installed the mod myself over a fresh, clean installation of Kingdoms+Retromod and everything is working fine, not a single crash.
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 17, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

I've downloaded and enjoyed playing Grand Unit Addon Mod so far without 1 CTD. I only noticed 1 small bug which Candelarius has now fixed.

Dave

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

hi , great work. Ive tried to port over the flame thrower inot my mod, but keep getting ctds when the game gets to the battlefield. I know about updating edu EBU, but what other files suchas desc projectile etc do I need to mod ??

many thanks
    Jason
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; December 17, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    I'm sure it's possible. You'll need to add the BigMap files to the Retrofit mod folder, and do not over-write any text files, but manually integrate them yourself. You'll need basic modding skills to accomplish this. As I said in the FAQ above, I am not making multiple versions of this mod to make it compatible with other mods. I just don't have that much time.

Sweet, I got it to work. I hope I can still recruit the region specific units like Jerusalem troops on the new map....guess I will see!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Indeed i did look into the files you mentioned to be sure they wrre gone,and indeed they are.The place the ctd occurs is right after the initial medieval 2 retrofit mod screen.It begins to load and then crashes.I tried running the based campaings(britania and what not)and they ran fine,but when I clicked to run retroift..poof..nothing again..I am sure there must be some sort of oversight on my part...just can figure out what it is.also,I noticed several others are actually having this problem but they have been posting about it in the retrofit thread rather than here..hmm..I will take a look at my files again and see what the problem is,but if anyone has any more suggestions i would love to hear them

Indeed i did look into the files you mentioned to be sure they wrre gone,and indeed they are.The place the ctd occurs is right after the initial medieval 2 retrofit mod screen.It begins to load and then crashes.I tried running the based campaings(britania and what not)and they ran fine,but when I clicked to run retroift..poof..nothing again..I am sure there must be some sort of oversight on my part...just can figure out what it is.also,I noticed several others are actually having this problem but they have been posting about it in the retrofit thread rather than here..hmm..I will take a look at my files again and see what the problem is,but if anyone has any more suggestions i would love to hear them
    You have Medieval II + Kingdoms + RetroMod + Grand Unit Addon Mod? No other changes? Installed in that order? Is there an error message in your log file? For the life of me, I haven't a clue. Maybe try re-downloading, maybe your copy is corrupt? Which download mirror did you download from? Also, did you ONLY download the patch, or did you download the entire mod? :hmmm:

EDIT: I haven't seen any others posting any bug reports about my mod in the retrofit mod either. One other person posted a similar problem to yours, but, he didn't say he downloaded my mod, just the retromod. AFAIK, this is the only bug report I've had, and, so far over a hundred people have downloaded this....so, I don't think the problem is the mod, something you've not done correctly. Maybe try deleting your retromod folder (or better yet, run the uninstaller for the retromod, you'll find the uninstall file in the retromod folder), then reinstall the retromod, and then reinstall my FULL mod, the current version (not the patch), and then let me know if that helps.

Sweet, I got it to work. I hope I can still recruit the region specific units like Jerusalem troops on the new map....guess I will see!
    You did? Good job. And yes, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    hi , great work. Ive tried to port over the flame thrower inot my mod, but keep getting ctds when the game gets to the battlefield. I know about updating edu EBU, but what other files suchas desc projectile etc do I need to mod ??

many thanks
    Jason
    You need the EDU, the modelsdb entry (both of them), the fire settings (I think) from the \battlefield folder, the flamethrower sound files from \sounds, and I think that's it. Good luck!
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 17, 2007 at 04:36 PM.

Just wanted to say thanks for a good and finished mod. I am a big fan of mods that do what they say they are going to do and stop right there - other than any bugs of course.

Plus I like the original map - hate big maps3 years of playing RTW and NEVER finished a large map campaign..

jw

Quote Originally Posted by JWoods View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks for a good and finished mod. I am a big fan of mods that do what they say they are going to do and stop right there - other than any bugs of course.

Plus I like the original map - hate big maps3 years of playing RTW and NEVER finished a large map campaign..

jw
    I was using the Reg Verd map before my unfortunate accident. The big map is so distorted, but all Reg Verd does is slice up the existing map into smaller bits with only a very little size in crease. So if you want a big map that doesn't look too blocky, go with this one. It also doesn't add as many regions (there's nothing in the middle east for instance) but it's a nice change from the standard map.

I did have to integrate it manually though.

I've conquered Antioch and Acre as HRE but I am not getting access to the region units (its about 1150 AD). However, the Teutonic Chapter houses give me the proper units. Is there a requirement that is causing the Holy Land units not to show or did I over-write a critical file when I enabled the BigMap? (Which files are the ones that stipulate those requirements)? :hmmm:

I've conquered Antioch and Acre as HRE but I am not getting access to the region units (its about 1150 AD). However, the Teutonic Chapter houses give me the proper units. Is there a requirement that is causing the Holy Land units not to show or did I over-write a critical file when I enabled the BigMap? (Which files are the ones that stipulate those requirements)? :hmmm:
    This may be caused by one of two things, both of which are related to your bigmap:

1. The game needs to recreate the map.rwm file. Locate a file called map.rwm in your retromod\data\world\maps\base folder, and delete it. This is because the game needs to recreate that file in order for the new hidden_resources to show (upon which the Holy Land units depend). By deleting that file, you force the game to recreate the file.

2. Does the bigmap you installed have a new descr_regions file? If so, it may have removed my hidden resources. You'll need to go to retromod\data\world\maps\base\ and file the descr_regions.txt file. Find the following provinces and add the follow resources (see bold text):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Jerusalem, Antioch, Acre, Gaza, Aleppo, Damascus, and Edessa should look like this (these are not in order)

Jerusalem_Province
    Jerusalem
    egypt
    Arab_Rebels
    244 13 29
    crusade, jihad, horde_target, jerusalem, holyland
    religions { catholic 2 orthodox 48 islam 35 pagan 0 heretic 15 }

Gaza_Province
    Gaza
    egypt
    Arab_Rebels
    35 244 13
    holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 5 islam 80 pagan 10 heretic 5 }

Acre_Province
    Acre
    egypt
    Arab_Rebels
    33 131 128
    tripoli, holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 5 islam 90 pagan 0 heretic 5 }

Damascus_Province
    Damascus
    turks
    Arab_Rebels
    244 203 14
    sugar, swordsmiths_guild, holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 10 islam 80 pagan 10 heretic 0 }

Aleppo_Province
    Aleppo
    turks
    Seljuk_Rebels
    175 171 244
    holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 2 islam 90 pagan 0 heretic 8 }

Antioch_Province
    Antioch
    turks
    Seljuk_Rebels
    13 244 165
    sugar, cotton, crusade, horde_target, antioch, holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 2 islam 90 pagan 0 heretic 8 }

Edessa_Province
    Edessa
    turks
    Seljuk_Rebels
    244 122 13
    edessa, holyland
    religions { catholic 0 orthodox 30 islam 70 pagan 0 heretic 0 }

Edit those entries by adding the bold text, delete map.rwm, and restart your game (you don't need to restart your campaign I DON'T THINK, but I'm not sure). Check your building browser in one of those cities and the units should be there.

This is the problem with addings mods to other mods.....

@About the bigmap:
    I don't have any plans on changing the map in my mod.
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 18, 2007 at 09:44 PM.

I will give it a shot when I get home. Regardless of whether it works or not, thank you for taking the time to help me out. If it doesn't, I will be uninstalling the BigMap, I much rather have the effects of your mod than a larger map if I must choose. As for combining mods, that is 100% right....I have done this with lots of different games (some with success, most without), but nothing ventured nothing gained, hehe.

Edit: It worked, though it turns out I do need to start a new campaign. Anyway, thanks again for your help, now back to business!
    Last edited by Baron von Stadler; December 18, 2007 at 06:41 PM.

I will give it a shot when I get home. Regardless of whether it works or not, thank you for taking the time to help me out. If it doesn't, I will be uninstalling the BigMap, I much rather have the effects of your mod than a larger map if I must choose. As for combining mods, that is 100% right....I have done this with lots of different games (some with success, most without), but nothing ventured nothing gained, hehe.

Edit: It worked, though it turns out I do need to start a new campaign. Anyway, thanks again for your help, now back to business!
    Wonderful! I'm so glad it worked for you!

Edit:Okay then,apparently a simple reinstall did the trick...no idea what went wrong the first time,but it seems the problem is solvedthanx for the help and for this wonderful add on.
    Perfect! I'm glad it's fixed for you! Sometimes a simple reinstall is the answer!
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 18, 2007 at 09:11 PM.

Hi there
    would you give permission for this mod to be intergrated into other mods for release such as my own teutonic grand campaign mod ?

many thanks
    Jason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    Hi there
    would you give permission for this mod to be intergrated into other mods for release such as my own teutonic grand campaign mod ?

many thanks
    Jason

I give permission for this mod to be integrated into other mods on the following conditions:

1. The contents of this mod are only for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. Making the contents of this mod available for a non-Kingdoms mod would be in violation of the Creative Assembly EULA/copyright agreement. I am not responsible for any breaches of said agreement.

2. I am not responsible for the risks connected with any loss (financial or otherwise), damage to property, lost data, console, computer or handheld device failure, errors and lost business or other information as a result of possession, use or malfunction of this Mod when integrated with any other mods.

3. I am properly credited as the creator of the Grand Unit Addon Mod, my name being Candelarius aka Yakaspat, to be included in the readme of any mods that my Mod is integrated with.

Thanks!

you are a gentleman + rep

Maybe this is a silly question, but here it goes: I have installed your mod for Kingdoms, but I can't seem to find launch the game, because the launcher is .itt. I'm want to fix this, but can I get it to work?
    Last edited by Janissary; December 20, 2007 at 08:01 AM.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.

I've come across a slight problem

So far this has only happened to the HRE since I was going up against French Hospitaller/Templar knights and the horses appeared in game.
    Manifest plainness,
    Embrace simplicity,
    Reduce selfishness,
    Have few desires.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Genocide View Post
    I've come across a slight problem

So far this has only happened to the HRE since I was going up against French Hospitaller/Templar knights and the horses appeared in game.
    Yup, that's a problem. Thanks.

I'm fixing it right now and will have a patch uploaded in a couple hours...updated: patch is available now.

Quote Originally Posted by Janissary View Post
    Maybe this is a silly question, but here it goes: I have installed your mod for Kingdoms, but I can't seem to find launch the game, because the launcher is .itt. I'm want to fix this, but can I get it to work?
    Use the Retrofit mod launcher. The .itt file is my installer's file, just ignore it.

---------------UPDATE-------------------

I uploaded a patch for those that have already downloaded and installed the Grand Unit Addon Mod for Medieval II Total War Kingdoms. This patch corrects a minor bug reported in which the HRE, Spain, and Portugal are missing horse textures for Templar and Hospitaller knights. The patch also includes the Kingdoms unit cards for the Templars and Hospitallers (previously I was still using the original M2TW unit cards for those units). I've also repacked the full mod installer and re-uploaded it, so anyone who downloads the full mod will be downloading the most current, updated version of this mod.
    Last edited by Candelarius; December 20, 2007 at 11:20 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs View Post
    I was using the Reg Verd map before my unfortunate accident. The big map is so distorted, but all Reg Verd does is slice up the existing map into smaller bits with only a very little size in crease. So if you want a big map that doesn't look too blocky, go with this one. It also doesn't add as many regions (there's nothing in the middle east for instance) but it's a nice change from the standard map.

I did have to integrate it manually though.
    Yup. I personally use Reg Verd too for my campaign and with Candels add-on.

I have to do it manually though especially since I have use the realisticbuildingtree (I think the name).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

The new units adds some badly needed balance for the muslim factions versus vanilla. The muslim armies were deficient in decent ground troops. The new units really help flesh out the game. Overall a much more enjoyable experience.

Well done!
    Work of God