• Same

66 15.28%
Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 204560616263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1439

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I've figured things out for myself. After some testing I've found that the behavior of the client ruler trait and the
    ability of the AI to assault with elephants are not exclusive to this mod. The client ruler trait is scripted to work that
    way in "vanilla" EB and the elephant assault on stone walls is a hardcoded quirk (but the AI will only do it if it has
    multiple elephant units, with one unit it will just start a siege). I copied the Marian reform script from vanilla EB
    so hopefully that will work.

I have to say I'm liking the more complicated town management. All the penalties and bonuses that come with every building,
    along with the huge build times, do make you think a bit before deciding what to build. The additions to the soundtrack
    are also very welcome.
    Thank you!

Yes all of it is intentional and if you look at the previous post you can see that u can pretty much conquer most of the world before 200 BC if ur good enough coz we have 4 turns per year - thus having units early on sounds realistic - anyhow, Rome was not able to capture all those lands like we are that fast - so this is quite a natural path =)
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

I would like to know why the AI recruits so many siege engines, i noticed it in my roman campaign when i was at war with Carthage.

AI uses money nd spends it on something that gives them more advantage in autocomplete battles - how many are there sieges btw?

There are like 3 or 4 siege engines in like every town i encounter in Carthaginian territory and is very annoying tbh and i would like to ask if you modified the cataphract reform to get them more easily for the Seleukids?. Because it is really hard to get them in vanilla EB.

Default Re: The best AI for EB is on ALEX.exe!!!

I have a question. What does this mod do exactly? How different is it from EB1.21a Alex version?

Civis

Long time ago there was a "lite" version with only the necessary files to play Europa Barbarorum using Alex exe. Where could I find these files?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanov View Post
    Long time ago there was a "lite" version with only the necessary files to play Europa Barbarorum using Alex exe. Where could I find these files?
    EB1.21a Alex is basically the lite version now.

@
    NapoleonMaster
    yes i did edit reforms to get them now which is
    historically
    more accurate
    There is no lite version anymore i removed it way back because it was suppose to be engine and night battles only and it go tout of hand, what this edition is about is the whole of the
    overhaul

I noticed that the textures of the Hysteroi Pezhetairoi (Makedonian Reformed Heavy Phalanx) are bugged and I would like to ask how to get the Cataphract reform for Arche Seleukeia now that you mentioned that you edited the reforms.

For them I believe reforms stay unless barracks are upgraded, as for the unit, i just checked the script its same for everyone,

can you screen shot plx?

; Hellenistic infantry - Ingohellenic phalangists

type ALXEB_indohellenic_infantry_argyraspidai
    skeleton fs_thp_f_spearman_p, fs_semi_fast_swordsman ; combat spear
    indiv_range 40
    texture numidia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture greek_cities, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture thrace, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture macedon, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture romans_brutii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture romans_julii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture carthage, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture merc, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    texture slave, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi.tga
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, eb/data/sprites/greek/ebsprite_greek_infantry_chaeonian_agema_all.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

; Hellenistic infantry - Hysteroi Pezoi

type ALXEB_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi
    indiv_range 40
    texture numidia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture greek_cities, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture thrace, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture macedon, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture romans_brutii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture romans_julii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture carthage, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture merc, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture slave, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_high.cas, 15
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_med.cas, 30
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi_merc.spr

Hi, when I play as the Saka and attack Sulek(China), it crashes. It crashes only when I attack the general with Chinese units.

Here are the Screenshots :

Also, i've noticed other bug : The Early parthian bodyguard has a Saka skin and they don't have a melee animation for some reason.

fixed that one with infantry:

go to \EB\Data\descr_model_battle

replace:

indiv_range 40
    texture numidia, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture greek_cities, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture thrace, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture macedon, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture romans_brutii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture romans_julii, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture carthage, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture merc, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    texture slave, eb/data/models_unit/textures/hellenistic/ebhellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_sor_macedon.tga
    model_sprite 60.0, eb/data/sprites/hellenistic/ebsprite_hellenistic_infantry_hysteroi_pezhetairoi_merc.spr

with:

indiv_range 40
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/hypaspist.cas, 15
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/hypaspist.cas, 30
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/hypaspist_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/hypaspist_low.cas, max
    ;model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_high.cas, 15
    ;model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_med.cas, 30
    ;model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_low.cas, 40
    ;model_flexi eb/data/models_unit/ebhellenic_infantry_chaeonian_argyraspidai_chalkaspidai_spw_lowest.cas, max

I replaced it by what you wrote and i got a CTD and i can't access my game for some reason, i think you have to patch this along with the Parthian bodyguard that have a Saka skin and they don't have a melee animation for some reason,

Last edited by maksimus; August 13, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

I did overwrite the files in the data folder, but unfortunately, every time i launch the game, it crashes.

unless you are using any other mods it should be fine - what message are u getting when it crashed whats the pop up?

I think the problem is that the changes are not savegame-compatible and so the old save can't be loaded. NapoleonMaster, you may have to choose between continuing your old campaign with bugs, or starting a new one without.

thank you for this - i will be uloading latest updates soon to refersh the download

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I think the problem is that the changes are not savegame-compatible and so the old save can't be loaded. NapoleonMaster, you may have to choose between continuing your old campaign with bugs, or starting a new one without.
    My game now doesn't crash, but when i go out of my game via Alt+Tab, the game doesn't dissapear from my screen and it still keeps running for some reason.

Also, the screenshots were shot at custom battles, not campaign and also, the fix that only works is the Parthian bodyguard fix,now they have fighting melee animations, but the Hysterioi Pezhetairoi are still bugged like the screenshots above for some reason.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; August 16, 2017 at 03:09 PM.