Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

super mod, i suggest u try it, its too much to explain
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

maksimus's Avatar Ducenarius

who else playing can i get tumbs up?

Hey folks Ive tried several times to install EB for Alex unsuccessfully. The first time I was able to load the campaign map. there didnt seem to be FOW and there were alot of graphic glitches before it would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now when I try and select the single play campaign, it wont load but it will instead tell me to select something from a list. where am I going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVolume View Post
    Hey folks Ive tried several times to install EB for Alex unsuccessfully. The first time I was able to load the campaign map. there didnt seem to be FOW and there were alot of graphic glitches before it would crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and now when I try and select the single play campaign, it wont load but it will instead tell me to select something from a list. where am I going wrong?
    The way this mod is set up, you shouldn't be doing any installing. Just download, unpack and launch straight from the folder. (i.e. it's not going to be mod-foldered, it'll take up a lot more space on your computer unfortunately) IIRC fog of war is turned off in the preferences when you download. You can turn it on by editing preferences.txt or simply by using the toggle_fow console command in game.

Huh yeah thats what I did. I unzipped directly to my alexander folder. is it graphically more demanding on my hardware? I use a pretty outdated laptop. Ive been successfully running and enjoying Europa Barbarorum for the original RTW, just looking for that extra AI challenge

Civis

Is this better than EB1.31c or should I wait until 1.32?

Civis

Hello Maksimus. I've been going over the units, they're amazing, especially the Chinese units! What caught my critical eye though, was the Baktrian Indo-Greek Noble Hoplites; the unit is holding their spear the wrong way (butt of spear forward).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baktrian hoplites.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	355718

There also seems to be some clipping issues for a few of the hoplite units; the Baktrian unit is one, the Hoplitai Hoploi is another, and I'm sure there are more; the dory spears of these hoplite units are for whatever reason (I know the EB team is to blame), egregiously long; please change this.

On a side note: I've noticed that there are two general units for each faction--they have exactly the same stats except one is more expensive than the other--what is the purpose of this? Also, there are two types of "Macedonian-style phalanx" groups, the regular EB ones and the "diadokhoi" units (e.g. pezhetairoi, argyraspides vs diadokhoi pezhetairoi, diadokhoi argyraspides). Why is this?

I'm assuming for the former question, the second general is necessary for scripting and CAI behavior purposes. If this is the case, please add it to the unit description since most ppl might find this confusing. And for the latter question, I assume the "diadokhoi" represent the veteran variants of said units while the EB units are the fresh, reformed or epilektoi of said units. If this is the case, please change the names of these units; I know it states in the description that they are veterans of the Wars of the Successors but it's still not entirely clear what differentiates them from the other "non-diadokhoi" units with same name.
    Last edited by OJ33DA; November 04, 2018 at 09:20 PM.

Hi OJ33DA - and hello everyone yes im bit late but pls forgive me - basically i will add veterans as name in descriptions but i cant cut the size of the spears sadly - its a model thats using it - i will aslo add my email in the descritpion so that you can msg me there

Dominatrixx's Avatar Tiro

Game keeps crashing few seconds after any battle starts, without an error log. I'm using latest EB with 1.32 ALEX patch and your mod package for Steam verson. Any ideas what can cause this?

P.S. Nevermind, I figured out
    Last edited by Dominatrixx; August 13, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

good job!

mod looks sweet, cant play though

always get ctd after turn 4 on ptolomei turn, with steam and nonsteam version, no matter which faction i play using the latest version

edit: not sure what the problem was. tried again a month later, works fine now, except i turned off autosave
    Last edited by ReichMaster420; December 07, 2019 at 02:11 PM.

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

What version of EB is this? Does it have 1.2 fixes installed? How about Roma Surrectum environments? If not, can I install them over this mod? Thx .
    "Huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by SlartyBartfast View Post
    What version of EB is this? Does it have 1.2 fixes installed? How about Roma Surrectum environments? If not, can I install them over this mod? Thx .
    IIRC this mod does have Roma Surrectum environments. And 1.2 fixes are probably irrelevant for it since it has too many differences from regular EB.

who still plays

We are preparing a brand new version

Just want to Say thank you for this awesome mod! i love it. It is challenging. And i really like the new units. I know a lot of people moved to EB 2, and while that is fun. This mod, and RTW engine are the only way to truly play as a successor state / pike faction because in Medieval 2 engine, the pike infantry is so weak its almost pointless to use them. So thank you for this mod ANd i look forward to new version, i will continue playing the most recent one however. Because i really enjoy it.

Its been a while, I wonder how do you play it now? Through Steam and then copy-paste my mod?

best

Vladan

I just downloaded it now

tell me if it still works and how do you run it i would like to play again