Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MMA Thread

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

Default Re: The Official MMA Thread

I guess it's that 3rd round that is the point of debate. In round 3 I saw a backpeddling rampage. Forrest was taking the center of the ring and was constantly landing leg kicks. After round 3 you could hear rampages corner saying "you can't lose another round". So at least rampage's corner are agreeing with me when I say Forrest won round 3.

Maybe its the old-school mentality in me, but shouldn't you have to TAKE the title from the champ?
    so in your view Rampage wasn't a real champion coming into this fight because he won a unanimous decision against Dan Henderson?

I really don't see how the judges scored it the way they did
    3 rounds to 2 = Forrest wins

Am I the only one that noticed that Rogan was in the bag for Forrest? His commentating was pro-forrest the whole fight; it was very strange
    so it's a UFC conspiracy against rampage? they want to get rid of the guy they've been promoting the hell out of ever since he beat chuck liddell... yes I see now, that makes perfect sense! :hmmm:

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

on a side note:

I just noticed that the UFC have announced Anderson Silva vs Irvin for july 19.

you know what other event takes place july 19? Affliction Banned with Fedor vs Sylvia headlining the card.

Obviously this is an attempt to undermine the new rival MMA company.

xxax's Avatar Senator

I dunno. I thought Forrest won the fight...close call thou. His ability to take huge hits and the leg kicks helped (i think this was decisive). I was suprised it went to a decision... I thought it would end with Rampage getting a TKO or Forrest getting a submission.

EDIT: watching the fight again and what suprises me is that Forrest is the agressive one. After the leg kicks, Rampage kinda went into counter mode. Sure he landed some powerful blows but Forrest seemed more in control... Also i think Round 2 is 10-8.

Good luck with UFC on July 19. I'm watching Fedor. DAMN. can't wait.
    Last edited by xxax; July 06, 2008 at 10:34 AM.

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Fedor sounds like an awesome fight, but I'm a bigger fan of Anderson Silva. Why can't they all just get along huh?
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

Titus001's Avatar Semisalis

edit
    Last edited by Titus001; July 06, 2008 at 07:04 PM.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Now Anderson Silva has moved up a weight class I would like to see him fight Rashad Evans and put a hurting on him to.

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

Rashad? forget that. I want to see Silva vs Silva (as in Anderson Silva vs Wanderlei Silva)!

man there's so many great fights at LHW for Anderson. I can't wait to see em all.

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho View Post
    Rashad? forget that. I want to see Silva vs Silva (as in Anderson Silva vs Wanderlei Silva)!

man there's so many great fights at LHW for Anderson. I can't wait to see em all.

I only want to see it because I want someone to hand Evans ass to him, every time I see him fight he wins by split decision never by knock-out or submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus001 View Post
    The Rampage/Griffin decision is up there with hamil/bisbing. You guys notice how biased rogan was during the fight? I felt he had a date with Forrest after the fight. He was also biased in the bisbing/hamil fight.
    yea. very close fight. Forrest almost got ko'd in first, but Rampage seemed to get tired by the end. Round 5 Rampage was mostly running away, except last 30seconds.
    Hopefully we see a rematch soon.

http://www.tatame.com.br/2008/07/08/...Quinton-venceu
    Lyoto Machida : "Quinton won the fight" Translated

Directly interested in the Light-heavyweight championship belt, Lyoto Machida disagreed on the judges decision that made Forrest Grifin the new champion. "Look, to me Quinton won (the fight against) Forrest, but they (the judges) gave (the decision victory) to Forrest.
    And now I think that they will settle the (title) fight with Chuck Liddell (next) ,for him to take the title. I feel that they want Liddel to stay with the title (in the end), he is an ex-champion, he has more marketing and sells more"said Lyoto, who also analyzed Anderson Silva moving up in weight "I think Anderson can do well in any category, he is fast and very technical, thats his difference from the others." commented Lyoto, who doesn't want to fight his friend. "That doesn't even go through my head. He is a great friend of mine and helps me a lot. He is older than me and always helps me on what to do, I don't want to fight him" ended Lyoto.

I like the fact that a UFC fighter isnt afraid to speak out about the fight. It's a ballsy move, but I respect it.
    Last edited by Titus001; July 08, 2008 at 03:14 PM.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The Anderson Sliva fight is on Spike which means FREE.(Smart move by Dana White)

July 19th, Hoorah.

forrest griffin beat rampage?

awesome, i was rooting for forest but i didnt realize they had already fought

so forrest is the champion?

xxax's Avatar Senator

yep

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Oooh, never noticed this thread. I'm a big MMA fan so it's nice to see we got a thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    forrest griffin beat rampage?
    Yup, say hello to the new light heavyweight champ. Don't know how long he'll hold it with Chuck on the hunt but he deserved it. I saw the fight and I still can't believe it. I've been following Jackson's career in pride and especially in the UFC and judging by his last two victories against Chuck and Dan Henderson, I thought he had this bout with Griffin in his pocket. Boy was I freaking wrong. He didn't look like his old self out there. He was aggressive at times but only in short bursts. He was mostly cautious in the fight. It just looked like Griffin outclassed him. Rampage didn't admit it but I really think those kicks to the side and back of his left knee really affected him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis
    The Anderson Sliva fight is on Spike
    I always look forward to UFC Fight Nights on Spike but don't expect anything special out of the Silva/Irvin fight. It should be a walk through for Silva but I hope I'm wrong.

forrest is so cool, I love that toothless ugly bastard. He's got an excellent work ethic, he never has boring fights, he;s a young scrapper and he deserves to be on top.

Chuck Liddel's legendary knockout power vs forrest griffins legendary chin and heart will be an excellent match up, as much as i love chuck i think the smart money would be on the up n' comer forrest...

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Man I was just reading an article on yahoo about Dana Whites "opinions" about the other companys in MMA.So freaking funny.Nobody talks like him,well at least not in public.He says stuff people are thinking but don't say because we don't want to hurt other peoples "feelings".

1 thing I love about UFC is the leadership,how they run things,how they handle the press,rumors,hyping the fights.
    People say they talk about fights like its Fraizer-Ali and its corny.
    You know what?
    I didn't that freaking fight,so I'm ok if you amp me and other people up about upcoming fights,Give me some knock outs,some techincal judo stuff,some slugging and I'm good.
    UCF always comes through.

Affliction?
    Freak um.

PS:http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer

as much as I enjoy watching Anderson Silva fight I would rather see Fedor vs Sylvia on July 19th... no matter how you look at it, that's a very good fight to headline a card.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaho View Post
    as much as I enjoy watching Anderson Silva fight I would rather see Fedor vs Sylvia on July 19th... no matter how you look at it, that's a very good fight to headline a card.
    It baffles my mind why Fedor doesn't want to come to the UFC. If he came to the UFC, I really think he would wreck havoc there. He would definitely clean up the heavyweight division. I haven't seen him fight in awhile so I have no idea if he's still dominant. We'll see how he does against Sylvia.

xxax's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Man I was just reading an article on yahoo about Dana Whites "opinions" about the other companys in MMA.So freaking funny.Nobody talks like him,well at least not in public.He says stuff people are thinking but don't say because we don't want to hurt other peoples "feelings".

1 thing I love about UFC is the leadership,how they run things,how they handle the press,rumors,hyping the fights.
    People say they talk about fights like its Fraizer-Ali and its corny.
    You know what?
    I didn't that freaking fight,so I'm ok if you amp me and other people up about upcoming fights,Give me some knock outs,some techincal judo stuff,some slugging and I'm good.
    UCF always comes through.

Affliction?
    Freak um.

PS:http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
    I dunno. I'm all for some competition. If UFC has totaly control over MMA things could get cocky. And as much as i appreciate what Dana White has done for the sport i still think he's a bit of an . Praising fighters he's singned, trashing fighters who don't sign or are part of a different organization. And they are very good at this, since most people think that if a fighter isn't in the UFC, he's not good.

Also it's starting to piss me off that the sport is gowing away from it's martial art roots. They are pushing fighters that attract normal people (stand-up, with KO power) which i think is stupid. That means a fighter like Machida (who i think is a great technical fighter) are looked over in favour of guys who have K.O. power. Not to mention that ground fighters are at a big disadvatage since they have to stand up if no progress is being made...

I must say i wonder how the sport will evolve, cuz i'm getting a bit tired of the Muay thai/BBj combo. Maybe that's why i like to watch Machida fight...

EDIT: don't even get me started on Kimbo Slice...
    Last edited by xxax; July 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    It baffles my mind why Fedor doesn't want to come to the UFC. If he came to the UFC, I really think he would wreck havoc there. He would definitely clean up the heavyweight division. I haven't seen him fight in awhile so I have no idea if he's still dominant. We'll see how he does against Sylvia.
    One of the reasons why Fedor did not come to the ufc was because Lord Dana White said no to combat sambo. Fedor under the contract of zuffa would not be allowed to defend his title in combat sambo tournaments. This is how fedor became interested in mma was because of combat sambo. Combat sambo of any martial arts is the most related to the mma fight game since in combat sambo you can strike and submissions.

Fedor in combat sambo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

Winner 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships
    Winner 2007 World Combat Sambo Championship
    Winner 2007 Russian Combat Sambo Championships
    Winner 2006 Russian Combat Sambo Championships
    Winner 2005 World Combat Sambo Championships Heavyweight
    Winner 2002 World Combat Sambo ChampionshipsOpen
    Winner 2002 World Combat Sambo Championships Heavyweight
    Winner 2002 Russian Combat Sambo Championships
    3rd 2000 Russian Combat Sambo Championships
    Winner 1998 Russian Armed Forces Combat Sambo Championships
    2nd 1998 Russian Armed Forces Combat Sambo Championships

3rd 1998 Russian Combat Sambo Championships ? Winner 1997 European Combat Sambo Championships ?

Winner 1997 Russian Combat Sambo Championships
    Last edited by Titus001; July 14, 2008 at 01:44 PM.