Thread: Unspecified Error Crash: When Starting Any Battle.

Default Unspecified Error Crash: When Starting Any Battle.

I've had this game for a while now and haven't bothered to update. but now that I have I am regretting it. I upgraded all the way to 1.3 trying to fix this problem.

When ever I start any kind of battle: Siege, or a field battle the game loads it and then crashes with that unspecified bs error. I can glimpse the battle for a moment, and it looks like my army is fine but the land is nothing but blackness or a very dark grey. I tried to get a screenie of it but it happens to fast for me to get a shot of it. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled back to vanilla version and now it does the same thing, even though it didn't before I patched it. I have a dxdiag if you need it.

And I haven't unpacked anything so that fix in the sticky wont work.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Default Re: Unspecified Error Crash: When Starting Any Battle.

I get a lot of those too. MIITW is really making me angry. It works sometimes if I turn the graphics, but sometimes it just does errors just whenever. Why the hell cant it just work I paid around 70 dollars for MIITW and kingdoms. This is really ********.
    Blut und Boden

Yeah it really annoys me too, I know my computer can handle it, I was playing on the vanilla version with everything on high at 1680x1050 and getting 30-40 fps.

You installed a mod? Or do you mean you were playing unpatched fine?

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

If you press the` button and type toggle_fow, so that you can see the entire map, doe sit also have an error? For me it does but only if I start looking around everywhere kind of fast.

When did you buy yours?
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    If you press the` button and type toggle_fow, so that you can see the entire map, doe sit also have an error? For me it does but only if I start looking around everywhere kind of fast.

When did you buy yours?
    PC Specs?

No mods, I used to play the original version just fine and then I patched and I got this problem. So I reinstalled to original/vanilla version and I still had the problem.

Pc Specs are Vista, 3gbs of ram, 8600GTS, dual core 6320 @ 1.86GHZ.

Edit* managed to grab a screen-

Last edited by Servius Vivo; December 01, 2007 at 07:47 PM.

Fing hell! After a while I decided to unpack and delete those two files...Guess what now works. I was under the impression that If I hadn't unpacked there was no need. I just really hate my self.

OK guys, I think I just solved the Black Screen Error and crash on battles error.
    I was going crazy with it and very frustrated with the game. Since I installed Kingdoms (and thus 1.3 Medieval) my medieval2.exe would crash to a black screen with an error beep and then, after any key was pressed, it would die to the desktop. Same happened on some battles on Kingdoms.

HERE'S WHAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM:
    Unpack all medieval data as instructed in the unpacker readme.
    Delete both files as instructed in the readme.
    Create .bat file to start medieval2.exe - also as instructed on readme
    Great!!! now your medieval2.exe is working again.

TO FIX KINGDOMS CAMPAIGNS:

Run the specific unpacker for each of the campaigns
    Go to each of the campaigns folder
    Find and delete both files refered in the unpacker readme

This solved all my crashing issues, but I noticed that the game became choppy on 6.0 speed - nothing that would get in the way.
    Hope it solves your problems too.

How do you get to those 2 files you have to delete i just looked and cant find anything with that