Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Faction List?

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Default Re: Faction List?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Magas' Kyrene? Wasn't that absorbed by the Ptolemeans around 250 BC or so?
    Yeah, but it would be an interesting faction to play and it would prevent Africa from being such a desert and it did have the potential to become a fatal enemy of the Ptolemaics.

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

Magas did indeed lead Kyrene, but it was never a powerful nation and, after a failed attack on the Ptolomies, it was defeated and assimilated permanently
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

i am mabey wrong but some of the names you guys mention here in this site,

i wonder can Smuriens be in the game?

http://hargita.awardspace.com/hogyvolt/mezopoen.html

Companion Cavalry's Avatar Ducenarius

Hungarians are descended from the Huns, who were wandering about Asia until they invaded Europe much later (around 400 AD)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil's Sergeant View Post
    Europeans have for centuries been the world's most accomplished racists
    Quote Originally Posted by Яome kb8 View Post
    Says the American?

they are lots of theroys about the ancestors for the Hungarians noboy really know who they are, and what did the hungarians before the huns?

Hang around a bit, fishing and farming probably.

Anyways, from what I've read from that site, they suggest that the Alans, the Massagatae and the Sarmatians, the last being already in the game.

Acroneoss's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry for Offtopic, but know anyone the Link to a Medieval II - Mod here in this Forum, that is set up during the Late Antiquity? (Barbarian Invasion)?

I forgot the name of the mod

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Acroneos View Post
    Sorry for Offtopic, but know anyone the Link to a Medieval II - Mod here in this Forum, that is set up during the Late Antiquity? (Barbarian Invasion)?

I forgot the name of the mod

The Gathering Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Companion Cavalry View Post
    Hungarians are descended from the Huns, who were wandering about Asia until they invaded Europe much later (around 400 AD)
    Eh... from the Magyars actually (another group of Turkic horse-nomads). Of course the original Magyars got assimilated into the existing Moravian, Germanic, and Slavic populations of the area, hence why modern Hungarians look quite a bit like Germans despite tracing their ancestry to steppe nomads.

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish View Post
    My EB2 faction wish list:
    1.Rome
    2.Syracuse
    3.Averni
    4.Adeui
    5.Casse
    6.Celtiberians
    7.Lusitanians
    8.Belgae
    9.Boii
    10.Cathage
    11.Numidia
    12.Ptolemaic Empire
    13.Baktria
    14.Parthia
    15.Seleucid Empire
    16.Mauryan Empire
    17.Yuehzi (emergent)
    18.Armenia
    19.Saba
    20.Pergamon
    21.Pontus
    22.Koinon Hellenon
    23.Epieros
    24.Getae
    25.Samartians
    26.Scythians
    27.Saka
    28.Sweboz
    29.Free People (civilized) to represent all the factions that cannot be represented as actual factions similar to what RS has.
    30.Macedonia
    I like the list you have here, plus if EB II gets ported to Kingdoms, you can get a 31st faction (that is if you are including the Free Peoples as "rebels"; if not then your count would be correct ) Then again I'm hoping for EB III on the E:TW engine with at least 50 factions
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Well I mean Free Peoples as an actual faction, not the rebels. The way RS has it, they can only recruit AOR units and cannot recruit beyond their starting provinces. They are very spread out so they all act defensively and act as individual factions. In RS2, there will be the Free Greeks representing all the Greek factions that can't be represented like the Bosphorans, all the city-states, etc. They will also have the Free Barbarians to represent all the powerful European/steppe tribes, and any others will be represented by the default rebel factions. It slows down expansion a lot and makes expansion much more challenging. It truly is a novel concept.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well that probably isn't going to happen since they said that they would use all available faction slots for real factions, though I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Tiberius View Post
    Eh... from the Magyars actually (another group of Turkic horse-nomads). Of course the original Magyars got assimilated into the existing Moravian, Germanic, and Slavic populations of the area, hence why modern Hungarians look quite a bit like Germans despite tracing their ancestry to steppe nomads.
    yeas thats true i look very German, well it is for that my father is that to but my mother is a littel diffrent only are eyes are a littel Asian, but they are many theroys many say that Magyar are not Turkic pepole. this is just a theroy.

Anthropology can point to the Hungarian homeland through physiological research. The old country of Hungarians must be sought where people lived, or still live who are physically like Hungarians. The Uyghur cemetery at Astana near the Jungar Gate provides the answer to this, revealed by Aurel Stein between 1913 and 1915, with 1200 more graves discovered by the Uyghurs and Chinese in 1986. The people buried there were physically the same as the Hungarians who settled in the Carpathian Basin. Also demonstrative is the fact that typically Turanian, Pamirian and Taurid genetic elements, that entered the Carpathian Basin with the Hungarians, are common only among the Turkic peoples of Central Asia, but occur nowhere else in Europe.

when they Magyars arived in Europe they have copanie of 3 turkish tribes.

Icon3 Re: Faction List?

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    I like the list you have here, plus if EB II gets ported to Kingdoms, you can get a 31st faction (that is if you are including the Free Peoples as "rebels"; if not then your count would be correct ) Then again I'm hoping for EB III on the E:TW engine with at least 50 factions
    EBII is made for Kingdoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    Well that probably isn't going to happen since they said that they would use all available faction slots for real factions, though I'm not so sure anymore.
    The EB team stated all factions will be playable. I therefor doubt we will be seeing "Free Greeks" or similar factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnis View Post
    yeas thats true i look very German, well it is for that my father is that to but my mother is a littel diffrent only are eyes are a littel Asian, but they are many theroys many say that Magyar are not Turkic pepole. this is just a theroy.

Anthropology can point to the Hungarian homeland through physiological research. The old country of Hungarians must be sought where people lived, or still live who are physically like Hungarians. The Uyghur cemetery at Astana near the Jungar Gate provides the answer to this, revealed by Aurel Stein between 1913 and 1915, with 1200 more graves discovered by the Uyghurs and Chinese in 1986. The people buried there were physically the same as the Hungarians who settled in the Carpathian Basin. Also demonstrative is the fact that typically Turanian, Pamirian and Taurid genetic elements, that entered the Carpathian Basin with the Hungarians, are common only among the Turkic peoples of Central Asia, but occur nowhere else in Europe.

when they Magyars arived in Europe they have copanie of 3 turkish tribes.
    Hunnis, if you copy text from a book or website, you should state clearly where you found it.

http://hargita.awardspace.com/genetika/genetien.html

i have already added the website one time before.

Icon3 Re: Faction List?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnis View Post
    http://hargita.awardspace.com/genetika/genetien.html

i have already added the website one time before.
    Oh sorry, I have scanned the text you linked to but I didn't look at the links. Anyway, if you cite a text from someone else, you should at least add quotation marks (or else use the forum quote tags) to indicate they are not your words. Just a tip.

ókay i will do that next time

i wonder can it be fixet so they AI insteed of killing of his enemys hi rather do them to vassals? it would be mutch smarter and better for the AI if he did that. And it would be more then a challange when playing agianst them.

I think we can make the AI more likely to offer ceasefires and the like and also make the AI more likely to take them. We can mod the diplomacy in that way.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Dont know if this has been suggested, but:

Aztecs have a war chant ability (and the loud droning noise that follows), could this be worked into the Hellenistic factions for a "Chant the Paen" ability, then just plug in a new audio clip?
    The Canadian Corps: Mount Sorrel, 2nd Ypres, Vimy, Arleux, Hill 70, Passchendaele, Amiens, Hindenburg Line, Canal du Nord, Mons.