Thread: Retraining and autocalculation issues

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Retraining and autocalculation issues

Is there a way to fix retraining so that the unit would get fresh recrouts (depending on present buildings) and not all-veterans?

The next issue is purely hipothetical and I would never bring it up if you guys didn't set out to ruin your lives (and make our far nicer) with huge ammount of work on this project already.

Is there a way to rework autocalculation to make it play out the battle between the AIs but with no graphics? If that is at all doable with the state of the AI (although some mods have already made good progress on it). That would give accurate results instead of an equation that doesn't take a whole load of factors into account.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Retraining and autocalculation issues

Both of those are a, "No, due to hardcoding."

Though, in RTW at least, you don't get veterans when you retrain. Does M2TW retrains your new men to the same point the rest of the unit currently is?

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Though, in RTW at least, you don't get veterans when you retrain. is?
    errr... what ?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

In RTW when you retrain a unit, it will usually loose most of its experience. Sometimes it keeps the same level of experience, but most of the time it will drop at least one experience chevron.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    In RTW when you retrain a unit, it will usually loose most of its experience. Sometimes it keeps the same level of experience, but most of the time it will drop at least one experience chevron.
    I have sometimes witnessed the experience loss, but it rather was the exception than the norm

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Yea, in RTW new soldiers were green (or with the povince/building exp bonus), and since the overall exp of a unit is the average of all the soldiers' exp (wich is calculated individually ; there was a thread at the org where a dev explained exp etc...), the reformed unit would usually drop some overall exp (the exp is not shared, so rambo-vets stay rambo-vets, even if the unit's exp is 0).
    In M2TW, I believe reformed units don't drop exp, experinced soldiers get cloned from what Ive seen.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka View Post
    In M2TW, I believe reformed units don't drop exp, experinced soldiers get cloned from what Ive seen.
    True. I checked it several times. You can get a three gold chevron unit from one survivor or merge leftover.

On the autocalc: thought so. Thank you for the reply though. It is naturally possible to group all units, put them on AI and go make yourself a sandwich...

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

I am still working on autocalc, but not all of it is hard coded. PM me, I'll see if I can explain what I have found so far.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix