Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Default Re: Dragon Age

One of the few RPG's I actually have hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

yeah looks like quality looking forward to it.

The best part about this is that it isn't a DND or Star Wars license game as their previous ones have so the touch of Atari and Lucasarts wont be tainting the game.

That above all is probably the reason to be REALLY excited about this. There games before those two garbage companies that should go bankrupt if it were up to me were all classics. They are all among the best games of all time and there were no faults to them like there were in NWN and KOTOR. Those faults only existed because those two garbage companies forced them to rush the game (Lucas) or forced them to rush AND remove parts of the game as well (Atari).
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

yay another good rpg by bioware i never had even heard about this game its seem like it will be nice if it anithing like mass efect i already want it

Yeah screw the trailers that screenshot was worth 10 trailers...now Im happy cause trailer was kinda of bleh.

Renegen's Avatar Senator

Wow, that screenshot is awesome. This is basically Baldur's Gate 3.

Btw, can anyone confirm if it's D&D rules or something of their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegen View Post
    Wow, that screenshot is awesome. This is basically Baldur's Gate 3.

Nah has no relation to D&D at all content or game rules, its 100% Bioware created.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

A couple more screens:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Nice pics.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    A couple more screens:
    I hope you can disable those horrible rainbow-colored rings... :hmmm:
    My pony jumps ever so high

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Looking good. Looks like BG, which can only be a good thing. Now i need a massive main quest with dozens of hours of *great* subquests and i am happy. And i mean *great* subquests in varied enviroments. I hope that the devs are watching the comments brought against a gem like Mass Effect when it comes to subquests.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos View Post
    Looking good. Looks like BG, which can only be a good thing. Now i need a massive main quest with dozens of hours of *great* subquests and i am happy. And i mean *great* subquests in varied enviroments. I hope that the devs are watching the comments brought against a gem like Mass Effect when it comes to subquests.
    Same, as great as ME was for the main story line most of the subquests were horrible, mindnumbing and more importantly the game itself was just too short.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/20151

It was a bit dismaying to hear it would have a possible delayed arrival to consoles, however the fact that it's focused on the PC and not a multi port release gives me hope. Also the President gives an interesting comment, haphazardly quoted as follows:
    "That's the other thing with PC gaming. I think pc gaming has typically a higher level of detail and a higher level of involvement, its a little more of a relationship [examples he cites are Sims & Spore]. I think that's actually the difference, [hey we make console games], a console game is more about the immediate entertainment while PC is much longer term"
    So it doesn't seem like the game, if multi platform, will be dumbed down.

ALSO A TOOLSET!!
    Last edited by Ahiga; July 17, 2008 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    http://gamevideos.com/video/id/20151

It was a bit dismaying to hear it would have a possible delayed arrival to consoles, however the fact that it's focused on the PC and not a multi port release gives me hope. Also the President gives an interesting comment, haphazardly quoted as follows:

So it doesn't seem like the game, if multi platform, will be dumbed down.
    Yeah it is and glad they said that. How many of us end up buying expansion packs, mini addons, develop mods etc for games. A good PC game has a long lifetime to develop on compared to console games where its pretty much play and forget. Hell they could do what they did with NWN and offer mini addons for the game all the while developing DA2, low priced 10-15 hour subquests etc. The fact is pc gamers "love" their good games more the console people

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

I think this is going to be a really sweet game to play, but its probably never going to have an impact like NWN, simply because theres no multiplayer.

It's one of the few games I don't really need a multiplayer for, though. RPGs like this, all old-fashioned and story-focussed, are more about the singleplayer experience anyway.
    "He is suffering from Politician's Logic: 'Something must be done, this is something, therefore we must do it.'"
    - Yes, Prime Minister

Atari, unfortunately, owns the right to publish DND games. Bioware wants their taint off of their products, and their hands off the code/story, so this game will be in house source material.

I'm hoping that the subquests are great, like in BG2, and that the game is epic rather than short like Mass Effect. I also hope the toolset is good like the NWN1 set.

Pretty much if this game is up to biowares usual standards I will like it, though I hope its up to their standards BEFORE Kotor when Interplay was the publisher..... the publisher means a LOT in terms of how good the game will be. I hope EA gives an hands off role to themselves.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Renegen's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    I think this is going to be a really sweet game to play, but its probably never going to have an impact like NWN, simply because theres no multiplayer.
    Baldur's Gate multiplayer was descent. It wasn't the success of NWN but within friends or fans you could have a pretty game going. Something similar in today's community based internet should work fairly well.

edders's Avatar Senator

Still looking good, but did anyone think the recent cgi trailers were a terrible move? They all screamed "bland LOTR knock-off" .