Page 2 of 201 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age

Default Re: Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Good, I always hated the way elves are portrayed in fantasy.

As far as the graphics go, those shots are at least 2 years old. They came out when the game was announced.
    As opposed to what they are like in real life?

Sorry, I know what you mean, I just couldnt resist it

edders's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    2) Many good rpgs have been made that are still playable today with poor graphics. By today's standards BG2 is poor graphics yet people still play it. Gameplay >graphics.
    3) Hmm this or a bad game narrated by David the Gnome.... easy choice. With Bioware you usually are guaranteed Quality, if EA is not a factor the game will be better.

BG2's a different kettle of fish - like Diablo it only really uses 'modern' 3d effects and the like for spells and other special effects. The rest of the visuals are either bitmaps/sprites (I think?), pre-rendered backgrounds or your imagination Pre-rendered backgrounds have the benefit of taking up very little resources so they aren't burdened by low-res textures for walls, floors etc. The bitmaps are too far away to make anything other than the most important details out, so the rest is left to your imagination.

Even if the sprites/bitmaps/whatever were a lot more detailed, just compare the graphics of the final generation of Mega-drive/SNES/mid-90s PC games to the earliest 3d titles (e.g. first generation playstation) and I think you'll agree they former have aged much more gracefully.

Anyway, this game looks pretty bland to me. Plenty of the claims - no 'good or evil choices' for example - can easily be dismissed as marketing hype. I'd rather they made a Jade Empire 2, which would probably have a pretty similar system and a more interesting setting.

So,here's the first trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/9022.html

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

It looks good.

Me Likey.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Looks cliched but good.

That sounds like the "to arms my brothers" voice from NWN.

Citizen

Eh, no more cliched than BG games, which it is attempting to be the successor of.

It probably is the same voice, Bioware often uses the same voice actors. The guy who voiced Carth in KOTOR also voiced Kaiden in Mass Effect.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

I know, Rapheal Sbarge.

But I hated that voice "brash warrior" or w/e voice with the fake accent...

I hope they dont seriously put whorehouses everywhere for the mature rating.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Looks good, but it's only a trailer.

Mark of Chaos' trailer was cool too..

EDIT: Meaning that it was crap in the end
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; July 13, 2008 at 08:54 AM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Crap I forgot the trailer came out friday.

"high Fantasy"? I could have sworn they were going for a Low Fantasy "A song of Ice and Fire" type of landscape.

Citizen

No I think it was known to be high fantasy, they have just said that your elves and dwarves aren't going to be stereotypical elves and dwarves.
    ttt

Renegen's Avatar Senator

What's this obsession with trailers? I want interviews and info. Diablo III had the perfect announcement.

Gah! been waiting ages for this and the trailer wasn't too inspiring. They'll be more at E3, though.

july 17th at 10am is my guess.
    Last edited by Markas; July 12, 2008 at 12:10 PM.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Looks like it could be a really great game.

Second trailer is up:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36128.html
    Pretty much like the first one.

Don't really know what to make of these trailers,graphics are ok, I guess, but if it wasn't a Bioware game I probably wouldn't care.

I want gameplay.

Theyre ok trailers, but the fact that they barely even show the gameplay remotely is annoying.
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Wow, how terribly underwhelming.

I have faith in Bioware, and it sounds like its not a generic fantasy. But all the wait for such a dry trailer?

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

well it looks great and sounds exiting - however i am worried that its a hack and slash run through game that is so easy that u can leave ur dudes on autopilot.

a superficial story where u just run from checkpoint to checkpoint tuning your char a bit.

i pray that i ll be proven wrong on each point though

Citizen

OOooooOOooOoohh.

Screen shot.

ttt

That screenie makes me sooooo much more happier than these two trailers...it actually does remind me of BG...