Thread: Dragon Age

Default Re: Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Is it only me who thinks morrigan is the most attractive personality ever made in a game? Ofcourse we take her looks into account. Some personalities fit better depending on how you look.

To much hate against that beautiful character imo.

she is ugly as hell in the trailer though
    Morrigan was voiced by Claudia Black off course would be an attractive character, sexy voice

Morrigan was my favorite love interest as well. I like leliana as well but for some reason i found her to be much sweet and inocent and Pious like for my taste even her being a deciever from Orlais wasnt apealing enough for me still. God bioware realy know how to make interesting characters if nothing else.
    Off course there is characters with no salt in its games like James vega, or fenris, but for the most part they are great, loved Alistar, Zevran and even Wynne.
    DA2 combat didnt anoy me much, i figure it was ok, my grip with DA2 was other major things like story and enviroment, and what they did to the lore. ( horned qunari and such) and what they did to isabella i mean are those implants? i prefered DAO version of isabella more and what they did to Morrigans mother comon!? they did it to please the cougar lovers or what?!
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 01, 2012 at 04:24 PM.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

I actually liked the refinement of the tactics menu they made for DA2. I also liked the faster animations of the two-hander and the spin moves of the mages.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Anyone know if the movie "dawn of the seeker" is any relevant to the story in DA:o or is it more like da2? All plotholeble and retarded?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261471/
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker tells the story of a Chantry Seeker Knight named Cassandra. She, through the last acts of her mentor, learns of a plot by blood mages to bring down the entire Chantry. The blood mages have discovered a girl that has the ability to control dragons and will use her to usher in a new era of magic domination. It is up to Cassandra, one of the last dragon hunters, to stop the blood mages and save the Chantry.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_..._of_the_Seeker
    Doesn't sound like it has a lot to do with DA:O or even most of the universe, so my guess would be that it's "all plotholeble and retarded", as you said.

Hotspur's Avatar I've got reach.
    Patrician

Cassandra was the Seeker that questions Varric, which forms the basis for the entirety of DA2. That being said, she has absolutely no backstory in DA2 other than "I must finds teh Hawke."

Does sexy count as a backstory?

Sometimes. Like when i go to the club, the girls feel like they already know me because they wouldnt lay with anyone that they didnt "know".
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Does sexy count as a backstory?
    Shame it doesn't apply to her

I'm sorry I didn't hear you over my nerd boner.

awh, like the one time that i succeeded to be witty and none lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    Anyone know if the movie "dawn of the seeker" is any relevant to the story in DA:o or is it more like da2? All plotholeble and retarded?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261471/
    I Watched the film, its meh, but have its moments. You are able to see casandra in sexy outfits and in some bad ass Jack bauer situations BUt to be honest i found it too kiddy for my taste overall speaking.

On the story plot regard, it is somewhat familiar but i wouldnt say relevant to any DA game. The usual tension between templars and mages, the usual corrupted Templars and the usual Mage/deamon/abomination, and the usual struggle for power. But it seems to happen before the events on kirkwall, and off course there is dragons, and cassandra seems a holy crazy fanatic at times.

In resume its nice to watch overall speaking, its well made the voice acting is good as well, but the plot is not something new its cliché even, specialy if you are aquainted to Dragon age story of the games.

To be honest i liked Dragon Age much more when was focused, on the Blight, Darkspawn, and the Grey Wardens, then this Templar Mage thing.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 14, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Something I never quite understood :

In the conversation with Morrigan about love ( that one where you risk losing her ) she keeps saying how you shouldn't love her, that it'll make it much easier when the time comes for her to depart... yet when you say you don't love her she disapproves it. Dafuq?

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

mmm...women?

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

Alright, there are going to be spoilers mixed in here about Morrigan but hey what the hell this game is old now anyway.

Morrigan, like most women in real life, doesn't like sensitive clingy men. The way I played her in the beginning was very nonchalant, I went with the flow, took what she gave to me. She says those things because she is starting to care for the grey warden and in a way she's trying to talk herself out of emotional feelings for him. Remember she is with you because Flemeth set it up and it was to purely to breed with the grey warden, the emotional attachment was an unintended consequence. So I got the sense that's why she put up the strong front.

But as the story (and affection) progresses her feelings become more clear. For example when she asks (tells ) you to stop seeing Liliana/Zevron in a romantic way, when Wynne reveals that she notices the way Morrigan looks at you when nobody's looking, things like this. I know there are more but I have played too many other games since to remember every instance. Basically don't tell her you don't love her but don't tell her you do love her either. Act as if you are happy with whatever she's willing to give you and the time that you do get to spend together.

The ending lines I do remember distinctively. I took her with me for the final fight (one last hurrah together). When she approaches you just before entering the city she reminds you that she is leaving right after the fight no matter what happens. If you say you will follow her you will lose affection. If you tell her you were hoping she would have a change of heart you gain affection (or neutral if maxed out already) and you can see the sad facial expressions and body language that she is genuinely heartbroken to have to leave you like that.

That's what I got out of it anyway.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Something I never quite understood :

In the conversation with Morrigan about love ( that one where you risk losing her ) she keeps saying how you shouldn't love her, that it'll make it much easier when the time comes for her to depart... yet when you say you don't love her she disapproves it. Dafuq?
    LOL now I remember this conversation. You actually want to tell her you love her here, that will gain the most affection. Her reaction was funny too with her yosemite sam "OOOOOOOOOO" followed by something like "I could kill you right now" and "you've damned us both" kinda thing. Again, that's only because she knows she's falling for you and she didn't want that to happen because of what was to come.

So basically what Beregond said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    mmm...women?
    Last edited by Darth Red; August 16, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian

I'm gonna start a third playthrough, have one question.

If you spare Loghain, I know Alistair leaves the party. But does he say farewell to you in Denerim's gates? And in the coronation, do you still talk to him?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

If you spare Loghain, I know Alistair leaves the party. But does he say farewell to you in Denerim's gates? And in the coronation, do you still talk to him?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    No, he's gone. You don't see him again in Dragon Age: Origins.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

The Mouth's Avatar Ducenarius

Just to clarify a bit more:

Alistair becomes a drunk, you can actually meet him in the tavern in DA2.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
    Just to clarify a bit more:

Alistair becomes a drunk, you can actually meet him in the tavern in DA2.
    Not really an important plot point, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise.

If you don't want the surprise ruined, don't click the above spoiler. If you don't mind, open away.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Allistar is a whiny douchebag either way. I am surprised anyone ever considered him suitable to be a templar or grey warden.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Alistair is awesome