Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151176191192193194195196197198199200201
Results 4,001 to 4,015 of 4015

Thread: Dragon Age

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Dragon Age

Don't have a source but Dragon Age Keep will apparently be more accurate than importing your save game would be, since Origins apparently doesn't save a lot of choices you make, or they are lost when converted to DA2. Either way it will supposedly be objectively better to use the Keep and just select all the options that you chose instead of importing the save.

I just played through Origins for the third time this past week, and I'm playing through DA2 right now. It's not as bad as I remember it. The combat is actually kind of fun with the exception of the continuously spawning enemies. Some of the weapons and armor just look ridiculous though. I preferred the more practical looking weapons from DAO. The romance I feel is pretty lacking, at least the female options are. I can see why some people wouldn't like Isabela (she's skanky) but I can't imagine why anyone would ever romance Merrill. She's basically a kid, or at least comes off as one. I think it might have to do with the elf redesign that makes them all skinny and have Celtic accents. I much preferred the Origins Merrill.
    Last edited by Geleco; July 05, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Just finished origins for the second time, the first time has been years ago. This time with a human noble.

Its rediculous that as a human noble, you only see your brother again by the time you finish the game. And I really lost every shred of respect for Allistar after he whines at the end and just leaves because he doesnt get his way. He forsakes his oath as grey warden and just leaves.. Heck I even urged for his life to be spared. He's just terrible.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

You need to harden him by teaching him to put so much in emotional attachements and he won't leave.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Yeah he settles into it nicely. I was so proud of him when I arranged his marriage for him and he was like. "You know I think way back I would've been mad at you for this but it's for the best so we're cool."

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Just finished origins for the second time, the first time has been years ago. This time with a human noble.

Its rediculous that as a human noble, you only see your brother again by the time you finish the game. And I really lost every shred of respect for Allistar after he whines at the end and just leaves because he doesnt get his way. He forsakes his oath as grey warden and just leaves.. Heck I even urged for his life to be spared. He's just terrible.
    Heh, such a newb.

Well I did harden him to an extent I think, I called him out when he was a wimp and didnt apologise for it. I never took him with me though, as soon as I could I switched him out for Sten.

Man I forgot how many tedious unnecessary quests this game has. I just can't be bothered looking around for some stupid widows and mage signs, and I hear Inquisition is also full of that kind of ...

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post

You can crown yourself, in the BMF-manner of "eff you, I'm taking this"

Although you "have" to marry Anora for this, you can keep Leliana as your true love and as a mistress.

Damn there are so many interwoven aspects in this game.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Lelianna didnt want to be my mistress though, and was only able to become prince regent and not king. though my guy wasnt really evil though. More a good guy who can be a bit bold.
    She took it very easy though, I gues it never meant that much to her that I married the queen.

I started an Elven Female Entropy Mage and went straight for the Mage Tower. Picked up Wynne and started going at it. Unfortunately I lost to the first Blood Mages last time I played.

Thought about taking magic from another school but I considered the skills in the Entropy tree to be right what I want. I suspect next time I play that fight I'll pause a few more times and win it. Alistair just isn't an effective tank right off the bat, and while Leliana is fragile, I wanted someone who could pick locks.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

just get spirit healer and afk heal win the game.

or be like me and not even take a mage, lol. idgaf about robe users, I just want four badasses in heavy armour.

Was all about being a mage and getting blood mage as soon as possible. There's a beautiful irony in saving a nation of people who would normally burn you at the stake but instead call you their champion. Also there is a bug that if you romance in the right way and have the splitting up chats correctly can be having a relationship with leliana and Morrigan at the same time. Will try one Inquistion one day just hope it's a lot of like Origins than two.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowmere View Post
    Was all about being a mage and getting blood mage as soon as possible. There's a beautiful irony in saving a nation of people who would normally burn you at the stake but instead call you their champion. Also there is a bug that if you romance in the right way and have the splitting up chats correctly can be having a relationship with leliana and Morrigan at the same time. Will try one Inquistion one day just hope it's a lot of like Origins than two.
    Not even close...

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

inquisition is a solid game, but i wouldn't say it was like origins.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I can't even count how many times I've played Origins. Or how many times I have interrogated Morrigan.
    Daelish Elf story sucks though. The ones I liked most were Dwarven Noble, Circle Mage and Human Noble. Followed closely by City Elf and then Dwarven Casteless and Daelish Elf at the bottom of the barrel.

I can see how Inquisition and Origins are easy to compare. Inquisition throws you right into the main plot but Origins feels like a bunch of long side missions. But Origins keeps that originally gritty tone where as Inquisition is kind of campy. Orgins also has key characters like Alistair and Morrigan and maybe also Leliana. Inquisition on the other hand has a lot of pointless characters really the only important companions are Cassandra, Dorian, Varrick and Solas. Leliana is important but is not a romance option and you can't actually use her. Then we have Sera, Vivienne, Black Wall, Josephine (no nudes :C), Commander Cullen, Mother Giselle, Hawke, Grey Warden (Alistair, Stroud, Loghain), Cole and the Iron Bull who do mostly nothing. Vivienne and the Iron Bull could have had more important roles. Actually same with Cole. Not sure how you could make Black Wall or Sera more important to the story. Lot of the game feels like filler when you really look back.
    They should have cut down on the cast. Get rid of Stroud for Black Wall, combine Mother Giselle with Enchantress Vivienne or combined one of them with Josephine Montilyet, probably gotten rid of Enchantress Fiona altogether. Cut out Sera entirely. Make Iron Bull more important etc etc. In Origins I was fine with just Alistair, Leliana, Morrigan and Sten to be honest. Everyone else just felt unnecessary. Would have preferred to have Flemeth as a companion for a while. Wynn, Shale and Zevran were kinda meh, I never used them at all. Didn't mind Oghren but he was too stereo-typically Dwarven. Sten isn't as interesting as he could be though I hope he comes back as an enemy in a future game and make him really awesome.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō