Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guide: The complete traits/ancillaries guide

Default Re: Guide: The complete traits/ancillaries guide

Well, I think I'm quoting Squid when I say that Combat_V_faction_name does not work; instead, you can use Combat_V_culture_name.

Regarding TraningAnimalUnits, I have not checked it. The whole lists comes from crossing export_descr_character_traits.txt with export_VnVs.txt and export_descr_ancillaries.txt with export_ancillaries.txt.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

What piece of code makes some ancillaries to where they cannot be passed back and forth between characters? There are some ancillaries that can only be with one character for life is this not correct?

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Not in RTW, that's only for M2TW.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Does anybody know where I could get my hands on a full list of triggers on RTW coding? I'd like to know the possibilities of what can be used as a trigger. The only thing that wasn't in your tutorial
    Last edited by Boustrophedon; April 05, 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Actually yes it is, its a link at the very top of the tutorial listed as a recommended download.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

I'm such an idiot sorry I didn't see it. Thanks for pointing it out. I already repped you for this tutorial but have some more God knows how many times your tut and ATVTW bailed me out!

Is there anywhere an explanation of all the effects of traits and ancillaries? Have found bits and pieces, but a more complete list would be good to have. Also, it would be good to know which effects apply to which characters.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Can someone suggest me a simple trigger for legion number I'm using base on Marcus Camillus 4tpy mod for RTR PE ?

Below is original ancillary & trigger.

Ancillary Roman_I_Legion
    Image Roman_I_Legion_Ancillary.tga
    ExcludeCultures barbarian, greek, eastern, egyptian, carthaginian
    Description Roman_I_Legion_desc
    EffectsDescription Roman_I_Legion_effects_desc

Effect TroopMorale 1
    Effect Subterfuge 7
    Trigger Roman_I_Legion_Trigger_1
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    Condition IsGeneral
    and Trait Tribune < 1
    and Trait Legate < 1
    and Trait Military_Service_Years_9to17 > 1
    and PercentageUnitCategory infantry > 0
    and not EndedInSettlement
    and Attribute Subterfuge < 7
    and not FactionwideAncillaryExists Roman_I_Legion

AcquireAncillary Roman_I_Legion chance 100

Since I'm not using the 4tpy and is actually using BI method of giving legion's name I'm looking for suggestion for simple stuff that can trigger the ancillary after each legion (post marian) is created. The legions are vanilla marian reform units.

Can the trigger be link to only post marian refom ? If yes how the trigger line should be ?

I have also made legion only recruitable from highest level of barrack which is only available on some provinces via hidden_resource. Can this be use somehow ?

I'm thinking of giving the ancillary each time after triggered to Faction leader once the condition is met and the faction leader will then pass on to other generals who will lead the legion.

Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Can it be triggered each time the first cohort is created ?

**** one other thing. How to disable -ai command from save game ? I'm trying to figure out what causes some CTD by manually taking control of the game after running the -ai command for some time.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; August 28, 2012 at 04:25 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
    Is there anywhere an explanation of all the effects of traits and ancillaries? Have found bits and pieces, but a more complete list would be good to have. Also, it would be good to know which effects apply to which characters.
    If you refer to coding the effects of traits and ancillaries, you could look here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=496485
    Last edited by Mataputas; August 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Hello, Ive been playing warhammer A Call to Arms on Rome (1 Gold edition steam) and really enjoying myself. However ive encountered a problem where my generals acquire traits and retinues at an exponential rate without doing anything... I wrote to the mod creator and they replied that I would have " to edit the traits files - the reason for this is that several buildings that were previously trait requirements have been removed, so the trait now has no prior requirements, just a % chance of occurring." Im quite the noob so Ive not been able to get the most out of Squid's well structured and comprehensive guide. Does anyone have any pointers that could help me change thetrait accumulation or at least show me where i can link the buidlings to the traits? I am willing to learn and listen no matter how difficult the fix and appreciate any help or time offered!!

Quote Originally Posted by uzgob23 View Post
    Hello, Ive been playing warhammer A Call to Arms on Rome (1 Gold edition steam) and really enjoying myself. However ive encountered a problem where my generals acquire traits and retinues at an exponential rate without doing anything... I wrote to the mod creator and they replied that I would have " to edit the traits files - the reason for this is that several buildings that were previously trait requirements have been removed, so the trait now has no prior requirements, just a % chance of occurring." Im quite the noob so Ive not been able to get the most out of Squid's well structured and comprehensive guide. Does anyone have any pointers that could help me change thetrait accumulation or at least show me where i can link the buidlings to the traits? I am willing to learn and listen no matter how difficult the fix and appreciate any help or time offered!!

I'd also like to know that please post if you figure it out.

I'm trying to make a faction have a particular trait for all family members right off of the start, Playing as Rome I plan on making all romans start off with being "ROMAN " trait witch will give them a -5 command, but I will buff the Tribune and other military career stats so that a general and above will be able to do well as a commander.

Here is what I have so far (none of it works):

IN export_descr_character_traits.txt
    ;Trait RomanusA
    ; Characters family
    ; NoGoingBackLevel 1

; Level Romanus
    ; Description Romanus_desc
    ; EffectsDescription Romanus_effects_desc
    ; Threshold 1
    ;
    ; Effect Command -5

IN export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt
    ;Romanus
    ;Romanus_desc
    ;Romanus_effects_desc

IN export_VnVs.txt
    ¬--------------------
    ;{Romanus} Romanus (Roman)
    ;
    ;{Romanus_desc}
    ;This character is Roman. He needs to climb the ranks to command with any skill.
    ;
    ;{Romanus_effects_desc}
    ;-5 Command

Im under the impression these three text files are all I need. . . I think this part of it is correct where the issue lies i believe is in the trigger section No mater how much i fiddle with it I cant seem to make the triggers work (coppied the Winter Warier triggers just changed the info so it would work for romans)

Since this tutorial does not include a method of Adding traits and ancillaries, I am to assume that the reason my game CtD'd after adding one was due to only personal error?

I mean, at the top of export_descr_ancillary and export_descr_character_traits, it does recommend making changes directly in the VnV.txt spreadsheet. My only problem is that while I know how to modify export_descr_ancillary/ export_descr_character_traits, I know nothing about VnV.txt spreadsheet, and I have not been able to find any information in VnV.txt spreadsheet.

Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123