Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: THINGS THAT NEED TO BE LOOKED AT....

Default Re: THINGS THAT NEED TO BE LOOKED AT....

Quote Originally Posted by acegogo View Post
    • An Islamic faction taking Nishapur near the Khwarzemids is awarded the ancillary of "Emir of Siouah" instead of "Emir of Nishapur" but the text description still shows correctly as "Entitled as Emir of Nishapur" on the mouseover. The Emir of Siouah for the settlement of Siouah down near Egypt, functions fine.

The problem is in the export_ancillaries.txt file not in the trait itself. It's in the text for iace_nishapur description.
    Is this fixed? If it isn“t, I can have a look at it.

I really like the upkeep idea for mercenaries, Ace.
    Most if not all mercenaries have a higher recruitment and upkeep cost compared to regular units already, but it would be nice to see the buying cost reduced, and the upkeep cost increased.

Perhaps the conversion costs could be based on (as an example) keeping them for four turns, and halving the recruitment cost.
    Example:
    Current cost: 2500 buy, 375 upkeep (x4 turns =1500) total: 4000
    New cost: 1250 buy, 2750/4 = 687.5 upkeep, total: 4000

Basing it on two turns would be:
    Old cost: 2500 buy, 375 upkeep (x2 = 750), total: 3250
    New cost: 1250 buy, 2000/2 = 1000 upkeep, total: 3250

Just some examples, but I really think we could some kind of similar formula to change the costs. (if we decide to do it, that is)
    One consequence of setting the upkeep costs too high is that it might break the AI, causing AI economy CTD's.

I“m not sure how to implement a different cost based on the amount of turns owned.

I was thinking on the lines of lets say:

unit recuitment = 1 turn upkeep+ a certain amount for convincing to the cause.

this way you don“t train them, you hire them.

So if a unit upkeep is 600 lets say, their recuitment could be 600+200

About the AI breaking up is something else I will test... I “ll let every body know on the progress.

I haven“t changed the stuff about wrong province title so if nobody else is working on it please do!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

Another thing:

I stumbled across some age modding:
    (the thread is here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99991)

I implemented this, and have used it in my recent campaigns.
    In vanilla MTW2, basically everyone dies between the ages 60-65.
    This makes it rather predictable, and you can anger the pope when he is old, while being sure that the new pope will forgive you within just a few turns.

After changing this though, agents, generals and the pope can die anytime between the age of 30-(I've seen people become over 80 years old).
    This adds a lot of unpredictability, sometimes the ones you value the most die way too quickly, and sometimes the ones you hate the most (evil popes?) live way too long.
    I've had a much better time using this tweak actually, perhaps this could be implemented?

I attached the file if anyone wants to try it out.

excellent. will try this afternoon. I used to increase the age limit for characters as well as adulthood age that way I used to get more of a logical lineage.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

The bug with the Nishapur thingy is in the export_ancillaries.txt file in the /text folder.

This is how it looks:
    {ace_siouah}Lord of Siouah
    {ace_siouah_desc}Entitled as Lord of Siouah
    {ace_siouah_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {iace_siouah}Emir of Siouah
    {iace_siouah_desc}Entitled as Emir of Siouah
    {iace_siouah_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {ace_nishapur}Lord of Nishapur
    {ace_nishapur_desc}Entitled as Lord of Nishapur
    {ace_nishapur_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {iace_nishapur}Emir of Siouah <------ I found the culprit!
    {iace_nishapur_desc}Entitled as Emir of Nishapur
    {iace_nishapur_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection

And this is how it should look:
    {ace_siouah}Lord of Siouah
    {ace_siouah_desc}Entitled as Lord of Siouah
    {ace_siouah_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {iace_siouah}Emir of Siouah
    {iace_siouah_desc}Entitled as Emir of Siouah
    {iace_siouah_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {ace_nishapur}Lord of Nishapur
    {ace_nishapur_desc}Entitled as Lord of Nishapur
    {ace_nishapur_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection
    {iace_nishapur}Emir of Nishapur <-----fixed
    {iace_nishapur_desc}Entitled as Emir of Nishapur
    {iace_nishapur_effects_desc}+ 5% Tax Collection

I fixed it in mine, as well. I figured everyone would. I didn't want to make a small fix like that and just upload the file, since we have lots of things to fix.

If we keep a running track of bugs and fixes, then someone - I nominate Acegogo! (ducks and runs for cover) - can compile all of the fixes at once and release single updates rather than each of us at different points with all kinds of fixed files floating about.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

acegogo is there any plane to give more building for all the region in TLR
    ex:
    the road for the old Roman Empire all are still by use in some parte of Europe in 1080.
    Last edited by kepper; November 16, 2007 at 10:28 AM.
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

The code and graphics for "highways" (3rd grade road) is in the game, and basically just needs to be enabled.

I am compilling all the changes we are making, if we can sort out most of the issues from the first post in this thread I“ll release a 2.0b version.

*calls Ave out of the bushes....*

Banjeeboy, could you look into that please? if you need any gfx let me know!!!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

I'm working on the resources now. It'll take a bit. I want to get it right. What I do is backup the desc_strat file then change the resource type in every province to gold. Gold is easiest to see on the map; so it's easier to find and move errors and relocate them.

I'm going to put two resources in every province. Most will be slightly lower value generic/rebel resources -fish, timber, and furs. Several of those, in important rebel provinces, will be two of the same to allow a monopoly.

Then I'll place the monopoly resources for each faction, two of the same in the capital province plus one grain in the capital province (for population growth - and some rebels will have grain as well in appropriate areas). The monopoly resources will have a slightly higher base value (say 3-4 instead of 2-3forfish and timber and furs).

Then I'll place the very rare and scattered single gold resources, which will have a base value of 5 as it is now. But it will be very rare and very far from anyone. I'm think maybe Timbuktu and/or something in the eastern Atlas mountains, plus somewhere in the Caucasus region (until Georgia goes in) and maybe the far Northeast to simulate a placer deposit near the west slopes of the Urals. The may need to be adjusted a bit if we get the Kingdom of Georgia, the Zirids and the Volga-Bolgars in the game.

What having so few gold deposits means, in AI terms, is the AI merchants will becoming after you and each other more frequently.

kepper's Avatar Artifex

I now you are good it GFX will by possible to make a picture for the victore condicion of all the faction a my sujection is to:
    All the faction get there one victore condicion not just 45 region but somenting more real tipe byzantiun came back to is the old glory

Kiev and Novgorod can have the same victore condicion unit East Europe

France and Holy Roman Empire make the Charlemagne Empire came back to live

Englande, Scotes unit Britain and Ireland

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

I located the error in the historic events for Averroės/ibn Rushd.

In desc_events.txt:

event historic RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1
    date 75

event historic RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR2
    date 75

In the historic_events.txt file:

{RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1_BODY}Averroes is among the foremost thinkers of this age. Few others match the quality of his study of Aristotle, or his belief in rationalism. His commentaries on Aristotle's works are prized by both Islamic and Christian scholars. Added to this are his outstanding skills as a physician.
    {RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1_TITLE}Respected Islamic Scholar
    {RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR2_BODY}Ibn Rushd is among the foremost thinkers of this age. Few others match the quality of his study of Aristotle, or his belief in radical rationalism. His commentaries are prized by both Islamic and Christian scholars, as are his outstanding skills as a physician.
    {RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR2_TITLE}Respected Islamic Scholar

These should be combined into a single event in historic_events.txt

{RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1_BODY}Ibn Rushd, known in the West as Averroes, is among the foremost thinkers of this age. A Moorish philosopher, physician and polymath, few others match the quality of his study of Aristotle, or his belief in rationalism. His commentaries on Aristotle's works are prized by both Islamic and Christian scholars. Added to this are his outstanding skills as a physician.
    {RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1_TITLE}Respected Islamic Scholar

And the second event in the desc_events.txt should be removed or remarked out:

event historic RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR1
    date 75

;event historic RESPECTED_ISLAMIC_SCHOLAR2
    ;date 75

Unfortunately, I have no clue how to make the necessary change which must also be made to the historic_events.txt.strings.bin file in addition to the historic_events.txt file. This must be done too or the game crashes.

You guys are going to drag me kicking and screaming into the modern world of modding and using things other than .txt files, aren't you!

Another thing that I have done in my own copy is to simplify victory conditions that way the don“t disapear. I“ll have look if we can have pics added and how.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

stuff to do updated on first post.

I have also tried Banjeeboy“s description campaign db, and works fine, A little bit harsh so might need retouching in my opinion.

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

kepper's Avatar Artifex

I have made some test is possibel to add picture in victore condicion, but working it photoshop is too complide form my.
    You can use the old vc_faction for vanilla and use in TLR but it need new picture.

will look into promise....

I am currently working on a big surprise!!!

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Good i like suprises

Found a few more.

The high end ship for Islamic factions, the Baghlah, has the generic knife-wielder pic in the description. I haven't gotten far enough to build one yet, to see if the unit card is also a generic knife-wielder.

Another duplicate in the data/text/historic_events.txt file (and thus also the historic_events.txt.strings.bin file):

{BRITANNIAE_BODY}Geoffrey of Monmouth has completed his account of England’s history. Though most of the events in the book are ahistorical, Historia Regum Britanniae is considered the first version of the story of King Lear. It also introuduced the legend of King Arthur to non-Welsh speakers. The book is mostly signifigant as a piece of medieval literature. \n\n(c. 1138 AD)
    {BRITANNIAE_TITLE}Historia Regum Britanniae

{HISTORIA_REGUM_BRITANNIAE_BODY}Geoffrey of Monmouth has completed his lively and sweeping epic Historia Regum Britanniae. His accounts of the life of King Arthur and the deeds of the Knights of the Round Table are the most accurate and popular to date, and the English throne basks in reflected glory, while the people are diverted from matters of serious faith.
    {HISTORIA_REGUM_BRITANNIAE_TITLE}Historia Regum Britanniae

And the corresponding descr_events.txt file:

event historic BRITANNIAE
    date 58
    ;(c. 1138 AD)

event historic HISTORIA_REGUM_BRITANNIAE
    date 56

One or the other should be deleted.

And I'm seeing something odd with Acre. Been playing as the Syrian Sultanate. Acre currently has 105% Islamic faith. Now I understand fanatical fervor, but that's a little too fanatical.

I have no idea what's making it that way. I've only constructed the small chapel for the castle. All my other provinces are fine, having maxed out at 100%.

note taken about the double event.... corrected for future release...

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

www.andresgogo.com

kepper's Avatar Artifex

I have foud some bug it the Murabitun Caliphate in the title of the ruler :
    Caliph of Marrakesh= Emir of Marrakesh, if passe the crussor you will get Emir of Marrakesh not Caliph of Marrakesh
    Tarif of Fez, you better put Emir of Fez is more correct
    Prince of Granada like the Caliph, will get emir not prince
    Emir of Medina Sidone is not correct is better Emir of Sevilla
    Prince of Cordoba like in Marrakseh and Granada is not you get emir not prince.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast