Thread: Marriages

Default Marriages

In the manual I remember reading that if your family members married a foreign princess and that faction died you could have some of their land. I never remember this happening to me, has anybody else experienced it?

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Marriages

Yes, once, although not myself. Some faction, I forgot which one, went extinct and part of their territories were instantly inherited by Spain. The reason for that could only be that the spanish king (or one of his ancestors) once married a princess of that faction.
    Most of the times they only go rebel though.

I've been wondering this myself. Since it's never happened to me I reasoned that you have to have had an unbroken treaty with that faction... and given that I spend the early part of the game building my economy I tend to get attacked and lose the battle along with all my allies. Might it also only be valid during the lifetime of the monarchs in question (as in if you marry off your princess in 1100 and the Faction dies off in 1200)? Another thing that surely is taken into account is that when a King has some sons come of age all the other heirs lose their status so if your princess is married to one of the recently dispossessed then bad luck.

I've gotten land because of this once, a long time ago as england.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag