Thread: Question for changing faction names in custom campaign

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Default Question for changing faction names in custom campaign

I have RTR and am trying to make some modifications. I have no idea whether they constitute a 'Mod' or merely a campaign. I am stuck trying to get changes in the text of the files strat.txt, expanded.txt and shared.txt to implement/show in the game.
    My changed game is temporarily called EXP. I have a campaign folder so named and an EXP_regions_and_settlement_names.txt in the data/text folder. I have been able to get all my other changes to maps, city & region names to work.
    I have tried with my changed files in the data/text folder and in my campaign folder. I have tried with them named as above and with an EXP_ prefix, but nothing seems to get them to show. This is particularly galling cos I want to rename the Sarmatians to Mauryan Indians.
    Later I want to change the character names also and assume I shall have the same problem with the 3 names files.
    Can anyone please advise me?

Default Re: Newbie seeking help

Don't forget to delete map.rwm when you made changes to come in game (it is newly generated when you start your game)

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

yes been doing this at all stages.

Anarchon's Avatar Civis

Can nobody help me with this query?
    It looks like a quick end to my attempted modification.

Well, Campaigns are the only things that can be customised in a mod. So, if you want to change the names for your campaign, the names will also be changed in standard RTR. So, just edit the files directly without changing the names, and it should work. Remember to backup the files. Good luck, and moved to text editing and scripting.
    RIP Calvin, you won't be forgotten.