Thread: Victory Conditions instead of Provinces Taken

Default Victory Conditions instead of Provinces Taken

How about a MOD for MTW2 that has victory conditions rather than conquer a number of provinces.

knoshy's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Victory Conditions instead of Provinces Taken

Like what?

For Portugal and Spain you could give the vc "Get the Moors out ouf the Iberean Island"?

I like the idea, but i would, give them different vc´s and a number of provinces to conquer, or you name the provinces that they have to conquer, and maybe a "kill this faction" vc, i mean i do it anyway to kill all nations ^^

If anyone got better ideas post it. (;

Tiro

For Denmark it could be "control the greatest tradingcity of the northsea by turn 200"

For Byzantium "Don't loose Constantinople to any other faction"

Thiese would only be partial goals: you would have to fulfill several of them and hold some provinces to win.

There would be some territorial goals as well as overall victory conditions. The goal would be to have the mod be more compact mapwise, so that more provinces could be added so that the conditions could be met. Having a huge map with more provinces is not always the answer. Having a more compact map with more provinces would allow for a mod like this to work. So more provinces in Spain, more in Italy, more in the Middle East, but on a smaller map.

All the other ideas above are good suggestions as well.

building certain buildings, making alliances, finding gold in the americas, africa :hmmm:

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Or what about finishing with immaculate reputation. stop the blitzkrieg A.I.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Don't get me started on AI, they become aggressive for no reason, allies break their alliances, that is why victory conditions make sense rather than the number of provinces taken.