Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheney = Fool?

Default Re: Cheney = Fool?

Quote Originally Posted by kb8 View Post
    Goddamn, now Obama will slowly lose his intelligence....
    Now that isn't nice.
    and probably not true either.

Lord Consul's Avatar Armchair intellectual

Reagan used to do it all the time, yet I doubt anyone here considers him a fool.

When President Reagan came to Brazil in 1983, he loudly proposed "a toast in honour of the people of Bolivia" during a feast. The next day, all the major Brazilian journals came with the following headline: "Mr. Reagan, it is always an honour to receive the President of Canada".
    Proud Client of Obi Wan Asterix

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Consul View Post
    Reagan used to do it all the time, yet I doubt anyone here considers him a fool.

When President Reagan came to Brazil in 1983, he loudly proposed "a toast in honour of the people of Bolivia" during a feast. The next day, all the major Brazilian journals came with the following headline: "Mr. Reagan, it is always an honour to receive the President of Canada".
    hmm..so its just an a american thing...?by the way the Brazilian come back was ace...

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

A Fool...... No. Its quite clear that the man is well educated, highly motivated, and successful in what he puts his mind too.
    Unfortunately, he applies that intelligence to acts of warmongery, megalomania and self service. He'd probably make a great statesman, if he wasn't such an evil old bastard.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

While I did know that Hugo was the president (or w/e they have) of Venezuela I wouldn't be able to point out anything exept Brazil and Argentina on a South America map.

Edit: Though you really, REALLY should be able to expect more from such high ranking governmet officials.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
    A Fool...... No. Its quite clear that the man is well educated, highly motivated, and successful in what he puts his mind too.
    Unfortunately, he applies that intelligence to acts of warmongery, megalomania and self service. He'd probably make a great statesman, if he wasn't such an evil old bastard.
    Because... in all of human history all men were chivalrous knights in shining armor who never slew their fellow man for their own benefit? Especially rulers?

What I don't get is, who's cancelled war? Who's cancelled conquering for the benefit your own country? A paper lying in a vault somewhere in some UN building? Unfortunately a cheap piece of sliced wood can't make everyone healthy and happy, so people need to find their own ways to survive.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Kb8 is not the president of the most powerful country in the world.
    And that is the most important part of being a leader, right? Correct grammar?
    hmm..so its just an a american thing
    Yes Kb8. America invented mispeaking.

You obviously love him, so are unable to see his faults
    Yes because anyone who disagrees with you must have some kind of bias right? Give it a rest.
    Last edited by s.rwitt; November 05, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

Rhah's Avatar S'eer of Fnords

Quote Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
    Because... in all of human history all men were chivalrous knights in shining armor who never slew their fellow man for their own benefit? Especially rulers?

What I don't get is, who's cancelled war? Who's cancelled conquering for the benefit your own country? A paper lying in a vault somewhere in some UN building? Unfortunately a cheap piece of sliced wood can't make everyone healthy and happy, so people need to find their own ways to survive.
    You're quite right, man's ability to kill, rape and maim in the name of patriotism or Empire has been quite prevalent throughout history. It was wrong then, just as its wrong now. It doesn't matter how much spin politicians like Cheney, Bush, Blair or Putin put on it, it is what it is, and should be seen as such.

Quite clearly no one has "cancelled" war... the difference nowaday's is that the supposedely "peace loving" nations of the world are the ones waging it. People like Cheney instigate wars not for the benefit or some downtrodden people ruled by an oppressive dictator, but for the benefit of themselves and the corporate interests of their respective nations.
    Some people may be happy with this, after all, the general population might see some economic benefits (or not, as in the case of Iraq). But some of us can't be bought off that easily and do not want to see our armed forces being used to help pillage another country.
    "Moral indignation is jealousy with a Halo" - H.G. Wells.

Sig crafted by Bulgaroctonus, Member of S.I.N., Proud Spurs fan
    Son of Valus, Brother to Mimirswell and Proximus
    Patron of Shaun, Eventhorizen, Beowulf47
    and Rob_the_celt

Probably Cheney does not pay much attention, if at all, to what goes on the outside world and he just reads the script given to him for his speech.

And get paid good money. Killer job, I say.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    And that is the most important part of being a leader, right? Correct grammar?
    Nothing wrong with his grammar it is his intelligence we are discussing...by the way since we are on the topic, the American people did butcher the english language...

Yes Kb8. America invented mispeaking.
    Well, since blair and Brown, have never made such a gaff..it makes you wonder doesn't it...

Yes because anyone who disagrees with you must have some kind of bias right? Give it a rest.
    No, thats not what i said..

Nothing wrong with his grammar it is his intelligence we are discussing
    And intelligence is directly proportional to avoiding mistakes when making a speach, correct?

it makes you wonder doesn't it...
    No. No it dosen't

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    And intelligence is directly proportional to avoiding mistakes when making a speach, correct?
    Funny enough such mistakes *are* inidicative of poor 'object permanence' which is closely related to hitting objects, like with a rifle or a stone, too.

And I think that's indeed no coincidence, considering some other recent RL gaff with firearms.

Usually a sign of exhaustion if that starts to falter, or indeed, old age.

Nothing wrong with his grammar it is his intelligence we are discussing...by the way since we are on the topic, the American people did butcher the english language...
    How have the American People butchered the English language? What I have I personally done to ruin it. I mean unless someone took an actual butcher knife to a man named English Language I don't see a problem. Languages evolve and change, everyone speaks differently from Shakespeare's English but that doesn't mean that you or I are butchering English.

Well, since blair and Brown, have never made such a gaff..it makes you wonder doesn't it...
    Doesn't make me wonder in the slightest. One of my professors once said China when he meant Japan and despite that he has some how managed to remain brilliant. Its the same for Cheney, he is not stupid just because he accidently slipped in the wrong word no more than Michael Jordan would be a bad athlete because he tripped while jogging.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Howso? American pronounciation is older than BE...

Anyway the weird thing about Bush is that he used to be quite the talked back in college, he won lots of debates and was seen as a rethorical genius. Where did all that go :hmmm:?
    Anyhow people who meet him say he's very charming.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What an incredibly pointless topic. Its pretty obvious he misspoke. Get your laugh and move on.

Barack Obama mistakenly said 10,000 people had died in tornado when the real number was more like 10. I got my laugh and moved on.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Barack Obama mistakenly said 10,000 people had died in tornado when the real number was more like 10. I got my laugh and moved on.
    But he's not Bush or Cheney, so it isn't indicitive of his intellegence level when he mispeaks. It dosen't apply to anyone else.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    What an incredibly pointless topic. Its pretty obvious he misspoke. Get your laugh and move on.

I didn't know that...why is it always the American politicians?
    Got a link for laughs sake?

why is it always the American politicians?
    Because Americans are the only one's in the world who mispeak. Ever.

Duh...

I didn't know that...why is it always the American politicians?
    You mean like when the French President says American has been welcoming to immigrates just look at Colin Powell, Condi Rice and Madeline Albright....hint Powell was born in NYC and Rice was born in Alabama. So no its not always the American politicians but thanks for playing lets make stuff up...Rod Roddy please tell our contestant what he has won....a new car!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123