Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots 3 - Previews

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 01MAR08

Userbars = Spam

Its just an opinion.

The sigs look bloody good BR. The screens are even better.

TBR, how can you add more movement speed to light infatary ?
    I find that the threat of a tortuous death helps a lot
    Last edited by The Bruce; March 03, 2008 at 04:54 AM.

Muzz1497's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 01MAR08

Lusted battle AI is annoying, I literally have to play battles sober, sometimes, in order to win. Good thing there is no missile calvary in kingdom of scots, right?
    War... war never changes.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Man, I don't even know what user bars are used for?

Muzz1497...I hope you mean it's an improvement! You're right though, one upon a time even in a village as long as you blocked the one entrance route that the AI used, you could usually wear the AI down until he broke...not now.

Swagger, there is a battle modifier for the EDU which increases the speed of the desired unit before your eyes. To explain, I have (thanks to Da Vinci) added the value 1.2 to the relavant units. I tested the value of 1.5, but it looks like they are in fast forward motion, 1.2 still looks like they are running normally though.

I am going on Holiday for a Week.

Try to behave yourselves in my absence or I'll get this fellow on to ye.

And yes Swagger, that means you too.
    Last edited by The Bruce; March 03, 2008 at 11:49 PM.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

ok....i see you use to edit my big posts...like the userbars one
    Code:
    Last edited by The Bruce : March 01, 2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: I think we get the idea
    anyway

have a nice trip (wherever you go)

and that guy is William Wallace?

to wich faction/clan is he going to belong to ?
    Last edited by The Bruce; March 04, 2008 at 02:58 AM.
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Patrician

The Wallace will belong to no clan, he will feature the same as he does in Vanilla.

However, in the Scottish Wars of Independence campaign, The Wallace will be scripted to appear and disappear at my will to reflect history.

nice

soo he will belong to the Scotland faction ??
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    nice

soo he will belong to the Scotland faction ??
    Only if you can marry him into it, he will not be the focus of the mod, it will be Robert the Bruce!

soo he will be rebel ?

will robert the bruce has it's own model ?

don't you think you're focusing too much in the scotish faction/clans ??

will the other factions be underpowered ?

No. It is the entire purpose of the mod!!

Patrician

soo he will be rebel ?

will robert the bruce has it's own model ?

will the other factions be underpowered ?
    Goodness gracious me no, King Robert the Bruce will be the Faction heir and then leader of the Scottish Faction.

Yes he will have his own model which will be reskinned to do justice to the great man.

will the other factions be underpowered
    No I have been thoroughly testing this (only ever on VH) and the Scottish Factions (MacLeod, MacKenzie, Comyn are very very hard. The usual overall ranking shows England being the strongest, then Scotland, Norway, Ireland and then the rest. England is about 20 times stronger than all of the Scottish clans.....which is about the balance I was looking for!

don't you think you're focusing too much in the scotish faction/clans
    As The Bruce said...that is the primary purpose of the mod, hence the name, and hence the mod description at the top of the page! It is our raison d'etre

i know it's the propose but im kinda afraid

off topic:

Reiver, why don't you go to my mod thread (press in be sign) and see the new updates and the symbols you asked for

Balmung's Avatar Civis

You should add Isendils Barbarian Models for the captains. If they are'nt qalready in (forgetful). Also are you going to show some screenshots of the strat map.

Creator of
    The first mod to add Wales to the Grand Campaign
    Gaelic Kingdoms (Adds Wales and Ireland to Vanilla GC)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148936
    and
    Ireland Grand Campaign v.1.1 (BigMap)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147452

Patrician

Default Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 10MAR08 (UPDATED)

Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 10MAR08

In addition to the skins shown below, we'll be adding work by some others such as Burrek and Vlad. The Burreks Skins will replace feudal rebels and mercenaries, and Vlad highlander skins will be used for the Irish. As well as Lord Condormanius Irish Skin Pack you will also see the English Shield pack done by Himmelsfeuer. Hopefully, in addition to the these I hope to use some Welsh skins from Marcus Orientus and also some new models that are being created for us for the highland units by unnamed source. In addition to this you'll also see the Early Generals Mod by plasticfigurine, which will feature for England, Scotland and the Rebels to start with.
    The first two screenshots show the new Scottish Faction Highlander skins developed by The Bruce. Although all Tartans look the same at first if you look closely you will see subtle differences in the tartans.

The 3rd screenshot shows the different tartans for the rebel units and mercenaries. The mercenaries are in red whereas the rebels will have tartan appear in both charcoal and brown. Once again each of these tartans have subtle variations in design and colour.

One thing you will notice (or may not) at the beginning of battles is the addition of 2 smaller mods by Wolfslayer, one of which removes those annoying large white arrows when you have reached the end of the screen, and the other which dampens the battlefield borders by changing the tone of the colours used from bright to muted.

Actually a point about the screenshots above is they are all taken with Davy Jones Lite Weather Mod which I think drastically improves the weather changes.

The fourth screenshot shows the Scottish Borders areas and lower Isles. You can see the new settlements such as the Castle at Roxborough, the Village of Kinlochkilkerran, the Village of Lagg and the the Village of Hynish.

In these new rebel provinces you will come across rebel clans such as those listed below. Some of these rebel clans such as MacNeil & Stewart will hold several villages, while all Provinces in Scotland will have a different rebel mix appear there. Some Provinces such as Kintyre, Argyll, Roxboroughshire, Dumfries and Galloway have all had the ability for populations to rebel doubled to reflect the history:

Clan Mackay, Clan Morrison, Clan MacAulay, Clan Fraser, Clan Campbell, Clan Grant, Clan Ferguson, Clan Douglas, Clan Home, Clan Gordon, Clan MacLean, Clan MacLaren, Clan MacKinnon, Clan Scott, Clan Cameron, Clan Stewart, Clan Kerr, Clan Hamilton, Clan MacNeil.

In this screenshot below we are looking at the new villages such as Lochmaddy, Boisdale, Kinloch, Tarbet, Dunscaith and Aviemore. Also note the addition of extra castles at strategic points. Prior to the addition of these going to this part of the map was simple a means to an end by passing through to the next settlement.

If you look closely enough you will see on the minimap the Rebel Provinces added in England and Ireland. Also I have changed the colour of the Rebels to brown.

Also the icons you see are simply placeholders.

Finally, the screenshot below shows a small mod designed by Riczu which has 4 new models, the trade ships, blockade, siege and merchant horses.

Well that's all for this time around, I'll post another Preview next week when The Bruce returns from leave.

cheers
    The Border Reiver and The Bruce
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; March 10, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 11MAR08

in 2 days ?

Patrician

Hi Balmung....I haven't seen those models for the captains. Currently the Bruce has created 2 versions of William Wallace (1 for captain & 1 for general).

Also yes i'll add some screen shots of the campaign map too (albeit without city banners which aren't done yet)!

Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 11MAR08

Quite right it's done, but when the TWC was not available for 24 hours I just didn't add it!

Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 10MAR08 (UPDATED)

Lads and Ladies the Title post has been updated!

Default Re: Kingdom of The Scots Version 3.0 - Screenshot Preview Weekly Update 10MAR08 (UPDATED)

i think this sais all

btw Border Reiver : (PM)

Patrician

Thankyou Swagger!!

I have updated the first paragraph in red with some other additions that you will see!