Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Europe Total War : War of Corruption

Default Re: Europe Total War : War of Corruption

And if you need any help, I can help about the Kingdom of Hungary

Teutonic Order arrived in the Baltic region in 1230 and commenced it's campaign against Prussia then, that is roughly when they took control of some land in the area and built their own little feudal state, prior to that they were a roaming army. They were definitely established in the region by 1234, when the then Pope signed a treaty saying they were under his govern only and no other nation could lay claim to those lands.

The Teutonic Order should start of as allies with HRE and Papal States, have the highest relationship with the Pope and all three should be at war with any Prussians you have in it.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Ok thanks

Medieval Hungary (896 – 1526)
    Medieval Hungary had larger territory than medieval France. Population of medieval Hungary was third in Europe. Árpád was the Magyar leader whom sources name as the single leader who led the conquering Hungarian tribes to the territory of the Carpathian Basin in the 9th century[13]. A later defeat at the Battle of Lechfeld in 955 signaled an end to raids on foreign territories, and links between the tribes weakened. The ruling prince (fejedelem) Géza of the House of Árpád, who was the ruler of only some of the territory, but the nominal overlord of all seven Magyar tribes, intended to integrate Hungary into Christian (Western) Europe, rebuilding the state according to the Western political and social model[14]. He established a dynasty by naming his son Vajk (later called Stephen) as his successor. This was contrary to the then dominant tradition of the succession of the eldest surviving member of the ruling family. Hungary was established as a Christian kingdom under Stephen I of Hungary, who was crowned in December 1000 AD in the capital, Esztergom. He was the son of Géza[15] and thus a descendant of Árpád. By 1006, Stephen had solidified his power, eliminating all rivals who either wanted to follow the old pagan traditions or wanted an alliance with the orthodox Christian Byzantine Empire. Then he started sweeping reforms to convert Hungary into a feudal state, complete with forced Christianisation[16]. What emerged was a strong kingdom[17] that withstood attacks from German kings and Emperors, and nomadic tribes following the Magyars from the East, integrating some of the latter into the population (along with Germans invited to Transylvania and present-day Slovakia, especially after 1242), and subjugating Croatia in 1102[18].

In 1241-1242, this kingdom received a major blow in the form of the Mongol invasion of Europe: after the defeat of the Hungarian army in the Battle of Muhi[19], King Béla IV fled, and a large part (though not as great as suspected by historians earlier) of the population died[20] (leading later to the invitation of settlers from neighbours in the West and South) in the ensuing destruction (Tatárjárás). Only strongly fortified cities and abbeys could withstand the assault. As a consequence, after the Mongols retreated, King Béla ordered the construction of stone castles, meant to be defence against a possible second Mongol invasion. These castles proved to be very important later in the long struggle with the Ottoman Empire in the following centuries (from the late 14th century onwards), but their cost indebted the King to the major feudal landlords again, so the royal power reclaimed by Béla IV after his father King András II weakened it (leading to the issue of the so called 'Arany Bulla' Golden Bull in 1222), was lost again.
    A miniature of the king Stephan from the Chronicon (Hungariae) Pictum
    A miniature of the king Stephan from the Chronicon (Hungariae) Pictum

Árpád's descendants on the male line ruled the country until 1301. Under the kings following the house of Árpád, the Kingdom of Hungary reached its greatest size, yet the major landlords increased greatly their influence – while the Ottoman Turks, confronted the country ever more often. The second Hungarian king in the 'Anjou' Angevin line of Italian origin Louis I the Great (I. or Nagy Lajos, king 1342-1382) extended his rule over territories from the Black Sea to the Adriatic Sea, and temporarily occupied the Kingdom of Naples (after his brother was murdered there by his wife, who was also his cousin). From 1370, the death of Casimir III the Great, he was also king of Poland. The alliance between Casimir and Charles I of Hungary, the father of Louis, was the start of a still lasting Polish-Hungarian friendship. Sigismund, a prince from the Luxembourg line succeeded to the throne by marrying Louis's daughter, Queen Mary, in 1433 even became Sigismund, Holy Roman Emperor – but his rule was marked by territorial losses in the South, the 1396 defeat in a late western crusade against the Ottoman Turks at Nicopolis, the open dissent of feudal landlords, the Hussite rebellion in the Czech kingdom (which was also under his rule) and partly in the territory that is now Slovakia, and a major peasant rebellion in Transylvania. The last strong king was the renaissance king Matthias Corvinus. He was the son of the feudal landlord and warlord John Hunyadi, who led the Hungarian troops in the 1456 Siege of Nándorfehérvár. Building on his fathers' vision, the aim of taking on the Ottoman Empire with a strong enough background, Matthias set out to build a great empire, expanding southward and northwest, while he also implemented internal reforms. His army called the 'Fekete Sereg' (Black Army) accomplished a series of victories also capturing the city of Vienna in 1485.

After Matthias's death, the weak king Ladislaus II of the Polish/Lithuanian Jagiellon line nominally ruled the areas Matthias conquered except Austria, but real power was in the hand of the nobles. In 1514, two years before Ladislaus' death, there was a major peasant rebellion in the Pannonian lowlands and parts of Transylvania (called the Dózsa Insurrection [after its Transylvanian leader] or Hungarian Peasant's War), crushed barbarously by the nobles. As central rule degenerated, the stage was set for a defeat at the hands of the Ottoman Empire. In 1521, Nándorfehérvár (today Belgrade) fell, and in 1526, the Hungarian army was destroyed in the Battle of Mohács. Through the centuries the Kingdom of Hungary kept its old "constitution", based on freedom of nobles, privileged people (Saxons, Jász-kuns) and free royal towns such as Buda, Kassa (Košice), Pressburg (Pozsony, today Bratislava), Kolozsvár (today Cluj-Napoca).

The family tree of Árpád family(-1301) the royal family of Hungary

I hope it will help you

király=king
    hercegnő=princess
    apáca= nun
    cseh=Czech
    gróf=count
    lengyel=Polish
    császár=emperor
    bajor=Bavarian
    herceg=prince
    bolgár=Bulgarian

Hungarian symbols
    symbol of Árpád family

Imre of Hungary
    [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Imre_of_Hunga
    ry_seal.png/100px-Imre_of_Hungary_seal.png[/IMG]
    Angevin Hungarian seal

Bela III of Hungary (13th century)

Mathias Hunyadi (1458-1490)

once again xD so
    Imre of Hungary

General_Vladimir's Avatar Miles

Icon13 Re: Europe Total War : War of Corruption

Hail all!

Cimbye please don't double/triple/quadruple post its annoying. Try make a big post its much easier to read. Its bloody rediculous to make 5 posts for 1 posting topic

Deaf ears... It did exist 1100. You say what you want to say; because it did exist. You look at the links, at the proper research Croatia never subsided their independence until 1102!!! Croatia rebelled against Hungary; they still had their territories as at 1100!!! You read the info it says clearly:

When Coloman and his forces were called back to the northeast to fight the Ruthenians and Cumans in Galicia in 1099, the Croatian nobles took the chance at 1099 to liberate themselves from Hungarian rule. So at 1100, THE KINGDOM OF CROATIA EXISTED IN THOSE TERRITORIES UNDER THEIR NOBLES!!!

Annoys me like hell when people don't listen to the facts.

Good work Sinople this way it gets some more time to do things.But this comes with more difficulties, as everything else has to change to meet that time... Now because of that all of your other stuff has to change to be historically accurate at that time. For example the Principality of Kiev. The whole history what I have researched; has to change.

Also if Cimbye is a historian in this mod as historians we have to work together and not be subjective of the others research rather improve on it. If this continues I will drop all my research as thus now if it is disputed as 'innaccurate'. With hours of intensive research on more websites then just wikipedia I will not stand for a subjective argument if the facts are right. Kingdom of Croatia even to all the historians I have a contacts had existed in 1100, barely But nevertheless I was working towards what the mod leader, sinople had put. Now if your boss says 1100, you work for it, not say how about 1080. Its a great Idea and its great but I'm saying it was still possible.

But one once more of this and I don't have to take it. I'll drop my research that I spent hours on, delete it and work on all my other projects. If you want to work work together not subjectively. Full Stop. One more ounce and I am out!

I like the idea of 1080 but as I was saying Sinople, you want 1100 as a Historian we work around 1100. 1080 sure its great it gives in the matter of the Kingdom of Croatia more time, but it did exist even though Hungary was on the warpath. How much more information do you want? I mean god I'll give you a 10 000 word essay and It won't be enough to show you that it did exist under the barons of Croatia.

About the Teutonics its already in my research...

But you are the mod leader and it is your choice. Do as you may but one more ounce of this c### and I retreat all the hours I put into this research.
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan
    Forums: http://warriorsoftroy.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Ok Vladimir sorry about that. I'll try make a big posts.

Yes Vladimir you're right we have to work together.
    Kingdom of Croatia existed but it was only a rebellion against the Hungarians. But it wasn't a really Kingdom without lawful king that the pope acknowledged. In 1100 the Croatian territory was Dalmatia and it's outskirts. In 1102 Coloman captured Zara not all Croatia, Slavonia and big part of Croatia was already under Hungarian rule so in the mod palying with Croatia would be extremely hard.

If the mod starts about 1080 or 1090, playing with Croatia can be much easier .Not easy but much easier and the common players can play with Croatia and build an Empire.

I didn't made a lot of research about Hungary because I'm a student and I learned a lot about Hungarian history from books and coursebook not from the internet.

Icon14 Re: Europe Total War : War of Corruption

Hail!!

Indeed alas that we say to work together!!

Yes indeed, it did exist and that was my point I know it would be extremely hard but it still existed; even if it didn't have a king which was accepted by the pope its still there but yeh it would be hard but I think we're all up for a hard game

Ahh yes I understand but I was looking at your sources and it came from Wikipedia. That is where you sourced most of your information from. Most of my basic information is sourced from Wikipedia but the more advanced information if you could say so was from other sources as described in the historical sections under references

But just so we work friendly all fine with me
    Emperor of the Total War clan, the Warriors Of Troy!!!Warriors of Troy are Recruiting!! We are a Total War Clan

Yes It was from wikipedia (because I'm just too lazy to translate from hungarian to English xD), because i don't know much better websites, all websites I know most is in Hungarian. All my Knowledge is from books.

If you want we can talk via msn. My adress is: cimbye@freemail.hu

lol Yeh dw I use Wiki as well but its really unreliable because of anyone can go post anything, even if it is checked.

I'll add you asap on my msn as well

I'm really looking forward to this mod.

I also found a new picture showing the map of how europe was in 1097. Maybe this will come to a clue of what regions should be added. I was thinking Pannonia and that. I will also make another Topic for the historians and so this can just be the original topic with no discussion

Cheers, and all the best.

[WOT]{Emp}General_Vladimir
    Last edited by General_Vladimir; February 03, 2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot something

Do you know the release date approximately?

The release date ?

When it will be finished of course

Ok then whe nitt will be finished approximately?

Hail all!

Yes indeed that is really important when will it be released :O ?????

I want to know. I would guess somewhere later this year mid-year or so. But I don't know how everything is going in a nutshell Please tell us sinople or at least make an approximation.

History stuff will be finished within the next 2 weeks.

I really don't know.

But I think before juin. (but i really don't know)

Thats alright When its finished its finished I thinks I agree sinople No worries we got good team we'll do it well, not rushed.

Hail all!!

Just of major consideration, especially to you Sinople. Bulgaria didn't exist until 1185. It was part of the Byzantine Empire (Or the Eastern Roman Empire).

Here is a link from Wikipedia, and from another solid source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Bulgaria

http://members.lycos.co.uk/rre/History-Seven.html

And an exerpt from the History of Bulgaria:

Byzantium ruled Bulgaria from 1018 to 1185, subordinating the independent Bulgarian Orthodox Church to the authority of the Ecumenical Patriarch in Constantinople but otherwise interfering little in Bulgarian local affairs. However, these too were crushed at Levounion and again in c. 1120 by the Byzantine Empire. After that, the Hungarians made an attempt to increase their influence beyond the Danube river; John Comnenus' campaigns along the Danube eventually drove back the Hungarians as well by c.1140. It would be another 45 years before Bulgaria would attain independence. Until that time, Bulgarian nobles ruled the province in the name of the Byzantine Empire until a rebellion by Ivan Asen I and Peter IV of Bulgaria led to the establishment of the Second Bulgarian Empire

So we must think. Maybe it should as well be an emerging faction from the byzantine territories? It will be a bit hard, if you're playing as Byzantine will it be a rebellion that you can crush similar to what I said about the Ottomans or how should it go??

Because Bulgaria from the start is impossible unless you want to be historically inaccurate.

Until then all the best!!