Thread: newbie in need of help

Default newbie in need of help

Okay story goes,
    i bought this game today. set it up. and tried going to the tutorial on single player. on the loading screen, then right when it was about to play monitor went black at game me a message "does not support this mode". my computer is more than capable of playing this game btw.

after browsing the forums, i decided to update my ATI driver since i havnt yet hoping it would fix my problems. I do so. reinstall total war. then i try to launch it and it says that medieval total war has encountered a problem? and will now exit.?!

it's been...6 hours? of me deleting stuff on my computer on what might cause the problem and me reinstalling the game which is a total of...5 times now and still the same problem it wont start.

help please before i go back and return this game.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: newbie in need of help

What resolution is your monitor using ? Maybe yuo're trying with a rosulution that's not supported by your monitor.

One other thing, is that you gfx card does not support shader model (at least shader 1).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrwn View Post
    it's been...6 hours? of me deleting stuff on my computer on what might cause the problem and me reinstalling the game which is a total of...5 times now and still the same problem it wont start.

help please before i go back and return this game.
    It's a classic one. I did get this problem one time, and I put M2TW away and tried again later when I reinstalled my computer.

Try reinstalling Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Quink.NL View Post
    It's a classic one. I did get this problem one time, and I put M2TW away and tried again later when I reinstalled my computer.

Try reinstalling Windows
    lol i was thinking of that too but i'd rather not reinstall windows

and i fixed my monitor settings so that it would match the requirements of the game still nothing but since the game won't even load anymore i have no idea what to do