Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Official NTW2 Screenshots Compiled

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Screenshot Comments

Quote Originally Posted by I own, there4 I own View Post
    I like the screenies and the idea of adding firearm infantry and cannon arty(artillery). GJ, and when is NTW2 going to be released?
    Thanks!
    NTW2 is already released.

Quote Originally Posted by I own, there4 I own View Post
    GJ, and when is NTW2 going to be released?
    N2:TW was released several months ago. You can download the 0.26 version and the 0.27 patch here.

i have never played this mod. the concept is a great idea and it is probably very good but i really have to say that i feel that those skins (not all of them. mainly the buildings and some of the units) are really, really, really ugly.
    Last edited by kkbob33; March 20, 2007 at 07:08 PM.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

blame history then bob... since this mod is historically based and the skins in the mod are historically accurate.. same with the building textures... mostly all in the mod his based on historic fact since this was the aim by the Lordz

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Love the game. Very well done and congrats on making it a successful one . I campaign would have been better though. I would say 7.5/10 to rate this game
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Thank you all for your persisting support. We hope to have some screenies to show you of the Spainish in action as the final touches are added.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101043

Here are the beginnings of the Spanish screenies. We have more lined up and will post them at regular intervals.
    The Eagle Standard

Very nice work guy's. I love NTW2 just as I loved NTW1, they are both most excellent mods for both games. I'd just like to say Thank You all for your amazing work. The Total War modding community are proud to call you all fellow Total War gamers.

Palpatine

Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals. Napoleon Bonaparte

Default Recent Official NTW2 Screenshots Compiled

This thread was created for the intention of keeping a log of screenshots that will not fade away after each release. These are “official” Lordz Modding collective screenies, meaning that we posted them at some time on our forums and other various websites during the process of creating and releasing new factions and updates to NTW2. If fans are interested in adding screenshots to this thread, just send me a PM or tell me when you post them on the sub-forum here, and I’ll add them as well.

Devoirs The Empress

Spanish line

Spanish guerillas ambushing

French units being ambushed

Spanish Artillery targetting poor french troops

For Spain!

Guerrillas doing what they do best, hiding

Forward march!

Spanish grenadiers

Spanish line

Spanish officers dressed to kill :roll:

Here are a few screenies of a mock battle taken some time ago. It’s just to keep you occupied for a few more days.

A mix of Spanish Cuirassier and Hussar.

The charge, though brave and heroic, is not enough to break the tough and hardy French horsemen, so the Spanish cav retired behind their own battle lines. The Spanish have set themselves up on a hill, with two small caliber guns and a number of infantry units to hold the ridge line. The French begin their bombardment:

The Hussars that were beaten off in the preamble of the battle get the last laugh:

Last edited by Empress Meg; October 27, 2007 at 11:04 AM.
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: Recent Official NTW2 Screenshots Compiled

Infantry

Guards

Cav contingent

Unit Roster WiP
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: Recent Official NTW2 Screenshots Compiled

Melee with Portuguese Infantry.

Portuguese cav charge.

Cacadores.

Portuguese officers.

Portuguese line charge French grenadiers.

Militia.

The French charge the Portuguese.

Some more screenies donated by Lord Markedman from a recent test battle.

Cacadores

Infantry

The Horse and Great Guns
    The Eagle Standard

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

is it just me or are they carrying thre muskets one armed?

btw great mod just downloaded it..........well worth the wait.......

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Legionem Insanis's Avatar Biarchus

They look great!

Icon3 Re: Screenshot Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Roy Mustang View Post
    is it just me or are they carrying thre muskets one armed?
    They are. The Lordz made a proper walking animation, which can be admired in the N:TW 2 trailers, but it made other animations wacky. The game appears uncomfortably with a missile weapon not being carried in the left hand. Hence they reverted back to R:TW-like walking animation, which unfortunately look silly when used with a musket.

yeah tooo bad...o well might as well contend with them RUNNING to avoid that hideus animation............and i thougth it was so cool in the trailer

*cries..........*

wait..when they rusn they carry the musket 2 handed..wHy not when even walking??

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans

any one gonna answer my question???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Roy Mustang View Post
    any one gonna answer my question???!!!

I've asked that before as well and from what I understand it has something to do with the animations and other nonsense about which I know very little.

I can quote this from our forums though:

Second: We have modding limitations and we are working with some tools that are not completely bug free.

-We get a lot of questions why in the trailers the animations look so fluent and in game they seem in perfect sometimes. It has to do that we can make perfect working and good looking animations in 3D programs. But CA, the game developer, never released any tool. The tools we use are written by us or other TW community members using reverse engineering code language. However we could not get them all to work without problems, we asked CA for help, but so far they do not support us much.

In case of the animations like when infantry units walk, they hold their muskets as an archer, or cannon crew do not push their cannon backwards or the unit drummer boy does not drum or the officer walks a little bit in front of the unit etc...

Most of those we can make perfect outside the game but importing them back in the game, we start to get strange unit behaviour like spinning units or very odd unit formations. Especially the "moving" animations like running, walking, turning etc...are very tricky, so we had to experiment a lot how far we could go, and sometimes use only parts of the new animation and leave some original animations untouched.

In the trailers you we could use the perfect animations much more as here you see only a few seconds and the bugs will not show up all the time, in game-play it would ruin the game.

Another thing is animations always have to finish their animation loop before they will listen to your next order, so there is always a slight delay between order given and actual action. This delay is longer, the longer the animation is, so we had to consider this when looking at game balance and unit speeds, otherwise units would hardly fire a shot when being charged.

-We sadly could not alter some of the RTW original unit formations to recreate a perfect hollow unit square, again an animation bug. So we decided that putting units in solid blocks against cavalry is the best option.

We created a hollow square in the group formation that can be used against massive cavalry attacks, in case for you to get it to work, you have to select four units and a general & officer unit and put them in the hollow square formation. Do not forget to enable the special "morale boost" option for the officer.

-Sometimes things are just not possible in the RTW engine to create like rotating firing ranks or letting the front row kneel, or dismounting cavalry etc..

-In other cases things are just not working and ruin game-play like shooting cavalry or giving units experience upgrades.

-Or why the smoke effect and some explosions are not so intense and stay lingering longer. The problem is related to how smoke effects are created, but not terminated when they are NOT visible on the screen. So if you have a large battle raging across the map in MP and you only focus on one part of it, you'll start to suffer from a huge framedrop. Once you turn the camera to the other fights you will suddenly see massive clouds rising all across the battlefield and once they have thinned out. framerate will restabilise. If you know about the problem you can avoid it by regulary looking around the battlefield to "clear up the smoke effects", but we didn't want to include this in the public release and get tons of complaints about slow framerate. The lingering smoke and explosion effects will probably be included as an option in the next update - but use at your own risk.
    Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:54 am Post subject: NTW2 Facts & Fictions & Limitations by LZoF

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

thanks........i feel lot at ease now

No problem. Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I've been busy. I hope that you will enjoy the mod anyways and our upcoming release.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Will there be a new release?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast