Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chariots

Icon4 Chariots

i've been wondering how will you do them on EB2 because there is no unit in med2 that even resembles the chariot. will you have to do new animations or such?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Chariots

I heard (unconfirmed) that there is no way to get chariots to work in M2TW. It isn't a giant loss for EB, though. There is only two or so chariots in EB and they aren't that great. (In fact, Celtic chariots is one of the most complained about unit in EB.)

was there not some sort of artillary carrage in M2?

Quote Originally Posted by KeltKing View Post
    was there not some sort of artillary carrage in M2?
    There is one but its not used, i don't think there are skins for it (its polish i think) some kinda 'war wagon'.
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

meh, as long as you guys get the right legionary formations I'm not fussed about chariots.

well i do think you should have chariots well for the british any way their not that grate but there k

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun View Post
    Bwian is well on his way to implementing chariots(and all the new skeletons and animations that goes with them). KnightErrant has released a max-script from 3dsmax and gmax so that you can get m3sd files into 3dsmax/gmax. this way you can now use the animation tools in those programs instead of the ones in milkshape.
    Is this news of any help to the eb team?
    this was posted by Alletun in the officers-mini mod thread.

Campidoctor

The warhammer mod is going to have chariots.

Quinctilius Varus's Avatar Miles

Not a big loss , only dumb people used the chariots : Brittunculi,Pontians,Seleucidians etc...
    Last edited by Quinctilius Varus; December 18, 2007 at 11:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctilius Varus View Post
    Not a big loss , only dumb people used the chariots : Brittunculi,Pontians,Seleucidians etc...
    P.S. I mean the ancient Britons not the modern Britons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Bwian, the developer of Warhammer Total War mod for Medieval 2 made some nice findings and actually had a lot of progress in creating a chariot model with animations, including those for when the chariot gets destroyed. You could ask for his models after he releases his mod!

that is really cool. so even if only dumb people used them, then the chariots should definitely be included so to keep their historical dumbness
    I just wanted the eb2 team could give us their opinion on this..

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    that is really cool. so even if only dumb people used them, then the chariots should definitely be included so to keep their historical dumbness
    I just wanted the eb2 team could give us their opinion on this..
    i was only jocking . Anyway the chariots were not considered a "good weapon" in antiquity. Not a big loss for me because i never played Pontians or Britons but that's not important...
    Last edited by Quinctilius Varus; December 20, 2007 at 06:16 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon3 Re: Chariots

i was only jocking . Anyway the chariots were not considered a "good weapon" in antiquity. Not a big loss for me because i never played Pontians or Britons but that's not important...
    It depends on what time of antiquity you are talking about. During EB's time frame chariots were on the way out, but warrior elites still clung to them. It's not a coincidence that a Roman triumphator rode through the city in a chariot, nor that the Olympic games featured chariot racing but not horse racing.

The point was that chariots were great if you didn't have the horses required for heavy cavalry. After all, a horse needs a strong back-bone to carry a heavily armoured man. The British didn't have these horses, so they continued to use chariots. This gave their elites the mobility of cavalry without the need to dispense with their armour. However, the point of a chariot becomes moot once you can field heavy cavalry.

I mean during EB's time frame . I don't know much about the ancient British tribes but really they used the chariots against the Romans during the Claudius' campaign ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah I know and I was only (trying) to be funny..

Icon3 Re: Chariots

I mean during EB's time frame . I don't know much about the ancient British tribes but really they used the chariots against the Romans during the Claudius' campaign ?
    Yes. They also used them (with some success) against Ceasar's invasion, and again in Boudicca's uprising. The Gauls also used chariots, although they are last recorded around 200 B.C. (can't remember the exact date). The Indians were IIRC at this point still using them, probably because they hadn't developed heavy cavalry either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebre View Post
    yeah I know and I was only (trying) to be funny..
    It was funny ,but the Eb team is English (american?).....it was better clarify (they have Celtic blood in their veins )
    Last edited by Quinctilius Varus; December 23, 2007 at 07:31 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was funny ,but the Eb team is English (american?).....it was better clarify (they have Celtic blood in their veins )
    Actually we are mostly European. I'm English (the british kind, not one of our off-shoots).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Yes. They also used them (with some success) against Ceasar's invasion, and again in Boudicca's uprising. The Gauls also used chariots, although they are last recorded around 200 B.C. (can't remember the exact date). The Indians were IIRC at this point still using them, probably because they hadn't developed heavy cavalry either.
    Ok thanks for the "news" , but what does exactly mean "IIRC"? IndoEuropeans?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast