Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

I keep on getting this when i try to open my provincial campaign folder

ErikinWest's Avatar Civitate

Hello Mr. Hide thanks for your effort in the RTW modding community! Though I don't do any modding, I appreciate all the effort that goes into it. Though I can't seem to get your editor working. You go to the campaign folder then you create a folder containing the 'base folder' and the imperial 'campaign folder' then you delete maps.rwm

But then it says 'No valid directory'.

Could you help me please?
    Erik

Music is the pinnacle of civilization and Jazz is the apex.
    Member of S.I.N.
    The means justify the ends. Or better put: the same means will achieve the same ends.
    Under the patronage of Chandrashekar Azad.

See above his post

See above his post

See above his post

Mr. Hide - first I would like to thank you for the effort you invested into this great Tool.

I'm using it to create a new Europan Map for NTW2 of the Lordz.

Now i have two questions I was not able to find the answer - neither within game files nor in the forum of the .org and the forum here.

1. Did you ever find out, how the game determines accessable lands on the stratmap (for armies and agents). I guess its one of the tga files, probably heights or groundtypes - but wich one?

2. How does the game determine, where roads will appear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JAY THE CONQUEROR's Avatar Libertus

hey MrHide, how ya goin, luv the map editor man, work of art, anyways ive looked through the editor and i can't figure out to extend the borders of the map, i want to go further south and east, any help would be great,

thanx m8

*stopwar* *stopwar* *stopwar*

1. Did you ever find out, how the game determines accessable lands on the stratmap (for armies and agents). I guess its one of the tga files, probably heights or groundtypes - but wich one?
    Is in the features map , the yellow colours show the unaccessible lands .....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

@Mr. Hide - Thanks for your reply.

Yes - this is for armies coming from ships, landing. Cliffs in fact. But that was not what I meant.

If you choose an army or agent on the campaign map you get the green area, which shows you where you can go. Some areas are not accessable with the green going round them. Higher areas. The question now is if this is determined by the groundtypes tga or the heights tga or a mixture of both - or another file.

I could of course try it out but I don't want to start this before asking around to avoid double work.

I get this in my error log txt after it says "no valid directory"

22.12.2004 - 8:6:47: Error loading file: \data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    22.12.2004 - 8:6:47: Error loading export_descr_building.txt. File has no content.
    22.12.2004 - 8:6:47: Error loading file: \data\descr_rebel_factions.txt
    22.12.2004 - 8:6:47: Error loading descr_rebel_factions.txt. File has no content.

MR HIDE YOU NEED TO HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just downloaded it but what does it mean by RTW directory?

the groundtypes tga or the heights tga or a mixture of both - or another file.

I could of course try it out but I don't want to start this before asking around to avoid double work.

the ground type immediatly makes the difference so I would say this , the height type instead just raises the ground and is not forbidding passages ....., that is what I got when i was making sardinia walkable by the units since there was regions where they couldnt pass jusst becouse of the colour of the ground types , so i changed to light green , adding a plain so , and it becomed passable....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

Are you talking about doing land bridges? If so it is possible. Infact I highly recommend it so that the naval aspect it nerfed bigtime.

-Spartan
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

@{AIrBoRnE}
    If you open a campaign and it says "no valid directory" if the necessary files the editor needs are not found. (Which they are see in the documentation). If the message comes when you select your Rome directory, then the RomeTW.exe is not found in this folder.
    Everytime this comes: Error loading file: \data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    the Rome directory is not set correctly.

@ErikinWest
    You have to copy the files inside the folders base and imperial_campaign into your new folder, not the folders itself.

@Lord Hal
    Yes, the ground type of the mountains make land areas unpassable. I think all others have no effect on this.
    I have not figured out yet how the roads appear.

@JAY THE CONQUEROR
    It's more complicated to increase the map size. You have to enlarge every tga file to the new size. But the problem is that every file has other sizes, see here for them
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=13056
    Edit: Also a good topic: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...t=37924&page=2
    The descr_terrain.txt needs also to be modified and the new landmass must be assigned to a new region. Final version of the editor will support this.

@scipiimonster
    Select Rome directory means that you have to select the folder you installed the game.

Greetings
    MrHide

@prometheus

the ground type immediatly makes the difference so I would say this , the height type instead just raises the ground and is not forbidding passages ....., that is what I got when i was making sardinia walkable by the units since there was regions where they couldnt pass jusst becouse of the colour of the ground types , so i changed to light green , adding a plain so , and it becomed passable....
    @MrHide

Yes, the ground type of the mountains make land areas unpassable. I think all others have no effect on this.
    I have not figured out yet how the roads appear.
    Thanks a lot both of you - that was what I needed to know. Thats good news indeed as it will allow to make mountain passes instead of large gaps. I will let you know if I can find out anything about the road stuff.

Thanks again. :smile

Hal

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Got myself a problem (sorry). I saved my map (I added a region and city for Greece) and deleted map.rwm and when I click in menu of the provincial campaign on the new map to play, I'll go to the screen to select a faction, and then it returns to the menu of the provincial campaign (or it crashes to my desktop). I think I did everything well (incl. recalculating borders once in a while, gave the region it's rightful owner and creator etc etc).
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

So um what do i do to fix it?

Originally posted by Jopel@Dec 22 2004, 08:15 PM
    Got myself a problem (sorry). I saved my map (I added a region and city for Greece) and deleted map.rwm and when I click in menu of the provincial campaign on the new map to play, I'll go to the screen to select a faction, and then it returns to the menu of the provincial campaign (or it crashes to my desktop). I think I did everything well (incl. recalculating borders once in a while, gave the region it's rightful owner and creator etc etc).
    Create a new shortcut (on the desktop) with the RomeTW.exe as target. Then go to its properties and modify the target like this:
    "C:\Games\Rome Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err

When you now try to start the provincial campaign (with .rwm file deleted) and it goes back to the last menu, exit from the game and it will show you a message box with an error. Maybe you can find the problem then by yourself, if not, post that error here so that I can help
    There might be again an error with that file saved in unicode *viking*

So um what do i do to fix it?
    What do you mean? You can modify the settings.ini by yourself and insert the right Rome path in ROME_DIR="...." or you delete the file and select the directory with the RomeTW.exe via the select-folder dialog.

Greetings
    MrHide

:blush
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,

Thank you MrHide :smile

Well I did it and I got this error-message, and I feel myself a total loser for not knowing to solve it, although it seems that I'm missing a generals guard, lol

Generic error: DATABASE_TABLE error found: unrecognised record id roman generals guard cavalry early requested
    www.yeshua-saves.nl