Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: = Trivium independant Map Editor (TiME) Project =

Spartan's Avatar Divus
    Patrician

You cannot download the files via attachments as I can only get inline images or attachments to work correctly. I cannot get both to work together. Anyway, I have edited your post and made direct file links.

-Spartan
    "Consular" Spartan, Vassal of Siblesz
    Lord of lt1956, & Vercingetorix, Founder House of Spartae
    §§TWC's Father of Modding§§ §§ RulersoftheSea.com §§
    "The greatest pain a man can suffer is to have knowledge of much, & power over nothing" - Herodotus

where do i load up the map from once in the program

alman9898's Avatar Centenarius

Ummm...

12.12.2004 - 18:0:38: Error loading file: \data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    12.12.2004 - 18:0:38: Error loading export_descr_building.txt. File has no content.
    12.12.2004 - 18:0:38: Error loading file: \data\descr_rebel_factions.txt
    12.12.2004 - 18:0:38: Error loading descr_rebel_factions.txt. File has no content.
    12.12.2004 - 18:1:20: CTerrain: Unable to load Height Map
    12.12.2004 - 18:1:24: Error loading file: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\descr_strat.txt
    12.12.2004 - 18:1:27: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.
    12.12.2004 - 18:2:19: CTerrain: Unable to load Height Map
    12.12.2004 - 18:2:24: Error loading file: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\descr_strat.txt
    12.12.2004 - 18:2:25: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.
    12.12.2004 - 18:3:29: CTerrain: Unable to load Height Map
    12.12.2004 - 18:3:35: Error loading file: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\descr_strat.txt
    12.12.2004 - 18:3:37: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.

Iam getting something simular i was woundering if i was loading it from the wrong place sorry double post ::

No you're supposed load it from the Activision/Rome Total War because the neccessary files are in different directories... there's something wrong with it.

I figured out how to fix the problem where you it can't find any content. If it is your first time loading it, first load the editor from the main Rome Total War menu. This will load a black screen (no map). Then click open and load your campaign map (mine was the rome total realism one). Wallah, the map loads :cool.

Btw, thank you Mr. Hide, this is one great tool :

The first time you start it you have to select your Rome directory. You can change the path afterwards in the "settings.ini" (or simply delete this file for new path selection).

@lionskin: interesting thing that it worked then :

Thank you all!
    MrHide

Hoglerdanske

I was wondering if anyone knows the limit of the campaign map size?? seems like you can expand forever until you have included the whole world!! :evil

Originally posted by Ducks@Dec 12 2004, 11:40 PM
    I figured out how to fix the problem where you it can't find any content. If it is your first time loading it, first load the editor from the main Rome Total War menu. This will load a black screen (no map). Then click open and load your campaign map (mine was the rome total realism one). Wallah, the map loads :cool.

Btw, thank you Mr. Hide, this is one great tool :
    doesn't work. any directory I choose, I get the same error even when I reinstall and first select my main directory. and the tools on the right hand side don't EVER appear. I change modes and go back like stated to do and it does NOTHING. what I have is an absolutely useless version.

Try to add your Rome directory manually in the settings.ini
    ROME_DIR="FULL_PATH_TO_YOUR_ROME_DIRECTORY"

Then start and open a valid campaign.

MrHide

ROME_DIR="C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

doesn't work.

Are there already errors on startup? Or can you load a campaign and then are errors?
    Please attach your errorlog.txt file so that I can see the errors.

MrHide

where are you suppose to load the stuff from?

13.12.2004 - 16:32:59: CTerrain: Unable to load Height Map
    13.12.2004 - 16:33:2: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.
    13.12.2004 - 16:33:50: Error loading file: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\base\descr_strat.txt
    13.12.2004 - 16:33:51: Error loading descr_strat.txt. File has no content.

Also 1 more thing, I get Engine.dll ERROR!

errorlog

webbird's Avatar Senator

13.12.2004 - 23:6:40: Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Roma} Rom
    E:\Games\RTW\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (155)

and similiar with linedogs mod 1.7 :
    --------------------------------------------
    13.12.2004 - 23:12:10: Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Ourensis} Ourensis
    E:\Games\RTW\data\text\new_province_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (141)
    13.12.2004 - 23:12:13: Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Roma} Roma
    E:\Games\RTW\data\text\new_province_regions_and_settlement_names.txt (155)
    ---------------------------------------------

and with closing the file MEGA ERROR in editor.exe (no changes made!!&#33

it looks so terrible good !!!!!! i hope you get it fixed !!!!!

Greetings!

Yea mine doesnt work either, same as alman

Pretty much these are common errors.

Program is not reading the FILE directory and just only 1 spot. aka, it say it can't find "FILE" in the directory you selected.
    Engine.dll Error. Crashes in many place such as selecting region editor or some of the button above like the 1 near the border button.

I hope these get fixed.

I have used the editor to edit a new campaing and saved it with no problem, however after starting RTW, I selected my new campaign and select my country. The game crashes back to the desktop.

Originally posted by kevink69@Dec 13 2004, 11:02 PM
    I have used the editor to edit a new campaing and saved it with no problem, however after starting RTW, I selected my new campaign and select my country. The game crashes back to the desktop.
    check the folder, if map.wrm is there remove it, should work then. :
    Imperial House Of Wild Bill Kelso
    Under the patronage of Kagemusha.
    Younger brother of TomteOfDoom

The errors you have are because you select a wrong campaign directory. Here again a guide:

1) The first startup there comes a directory browser, select your Rome directory. If you get errors that "export_descr_buildings.txt" or "descr_rebel_factions.txt" is not found, the path is wrong. (This worked as I see)

2) Click open and select a campaign. Here you can't select your Rome directory, because there are no campaign files.
    Also do not select the world\maps\base directory, there are only half of the campaign files needed because it's Rome's internal Imperial Campaign. You have to copy the files from base and campaign\imperial_campaign in one (new) directory. Put this directory in the campaign folder and open this folder with the editor. In Rome you can play the campaign under "provincial campaign".

If you get any errors while loading, it is likely that the editor doesn't work right. (Some data is not loaded, when the editor tries to access it). This may cause the engine.dll error.

@webbird
    You can ignore this message:
    13.12.2004 - 23:6:40: Identifier is not valid, no match found in regions.txt.
    {Roma} Rom

I will test it on the afternoon with linedogs mod.

@kevink69
    Yes, delete the map.wrm file.
    One cause of a crash to desktop can also be: if you change the owner of a faction, there may be a garrison of the old faction on the coordinates of city. You can check this by reading the coordinates of the city tile in the editor on the right bottom corner. Then you have to search in the descr_strat.txt for a character that has this x/y coordinates. If they are the same, set the x or y one higher.

Greetings
    MrHide